how do i map an excel column to an XML element

How do i map an entire column of data in an excel spreadsheet to an XML data
element in the XML source Task Pane? I want to export the data in my
spreadsheet so that every row in my spreadsheet is an XML record and every
cell in the row is a sub element
0
dunford (1)

Addition of rows in Excel sheet
Is this possible to add more than 65536 rows in Excel sheet? No "Neeraja" <Neeraja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D996527-2454-4683-A89C-1C1B8BDD9435@microsoft.com... > Is this possible to add more than 65536 rows in Excel sheet? No, not possible -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Neeraja" <Neeraja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D996527-2454-4683-A89C-1C1B8BDD9435@microsoft.com... > Is this possible to add more than 65536 rows in Excel sheet? No. Use a new worksheet or use Access. -- K...

Merging many excel files together
I have 197 excel files that are the same (data is different rows and columns are the same). I want them all together in one spreadsheet. what is the easiest way to do this? Thanks in advance, mike Hi, Here is an old post from BrianB which may get you very close. jeff -------------------------- Subject: Re: Indirect not the correct solution??? From: "BrianB >" <<BrianB.15dmdj@excelforum-nospam.com> Sent: 4/27/2004 7:52:33 AM Here is some code that you will need to copy/paste to a code module and adapt. You may get away with just changing the *Sub Trans...

Mapping..
ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields. Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I could just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly access the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that the region number...

For Jeff Partch : Retrieve text from HTML Code that in inside XML file

Bookmarking Excel Files from within Excel
I have a bunch of files that I frequently need to open from within Excel. Is there a way to "bookmark" these files say by putting an icon for each file on the Excel toolbar? Seems like a very common need so I am hoping there is a solution. Hitting file, open, navigating to folders, etc gets a little tedious when you use the same file several times a day. The file drop down menu shows the last "n" files used, but because I open many files everyday sometimes the frequently used files do not appear in this list. Thanks Add them to the favorites so they are accessed...

I need help figuring out this formula in Excel
I am taking a class & need help with this question. If you enter 5B21C2 in cell B1 of a worksheet (keep in mind it's a make believe worksheet), the formula is replaced by the number 125 when you press enter. What happened? Second part is using the worksheet from above, you change the number in cell B2 from 55 to 65. What happens to the number in the cell B1? Why? I can't find anywhere in the book how to (+,-* or /) or any other math direction involving a formula like above. Due to that I have no idea how to answer either one of these questions. Please Help! -- thank...

Excel 2007: Filtering Problem
I thought I knew how to do filtering but perhaps not. I selected the column I want to filter on and hit Filter under the Data tab. Then I went to the dropdown arrow in the column header row of the column and deselected everything and then reselected the word I want to filter on. Nothing changed. I still saw data from ALL the rows - I had no filter results. What did I do wrong? (I am still getting used to the awful 2007 versions of Office, though.) ...

Item Integration should allow mapping to Extended Pricing Price S
When Extended Pricing is enabled and you use Integration Manager to bring in prices, you map a Constant Price Level EXTPRCLVL to get the integration to go through. The only problem is that this doesn't affect the Price Sheets, so doesn't calculate a price in Sales Order Processing. It would be nice if a collection could be added for Price Sheets. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

Open Excel files/folders
I am using Micrsoft Excel 2000 When I click on the Open icon, the Open box pops up. It automatically highlights the first excel file in the directory I am in. All of the folders listed before the Excel file are to the left. I have to use the scroll bar to scroll left and find the file folder I need at that time. In almost all instances, I need a folder instead of a file. Is there a way to get Excel to default to highlighting the first folder upon Open instead of the first Excel file? The first thing I do is click on that icon to the far left to show details in that dialog. Then I can ...

Problem when input Chinese in Excel 2003
Hi all, I recently encountered problem to input Chinese character in Excel 2003, when I switch to one of my Chinese input method, say Chinese Traditional (Quick). It can listed out the Chinese characters for me to choose, however, when I choose anyone of them. The Chinese font didn't show up in the cell. So I have already tried to use the same method in Word 2003, PowerPoint 2003, Wordpad, notepad.....there is no such problem. I'm currently using Windows XP w/ SP2 (English) and Office 2003 w/ SP2 (English). Looking forward to hearing from you soon, thank you very much. ...

How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file?
How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to combine all data into one file under word. Hi the easiest way would be copy and paste? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel to Word transfer" <Excel to Word transfer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:78E2302D-3EC5-4B69-8DEF-524411297288@microsoft.com... > How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to > combine all data into one file under word. ...

Excel If Statements
I am trying to create a conditional statement with 17 IFs. I started needing to do 11 Ifs. I got over the Excel limit of 7 by identifying a cell in the last element of the first string of 4 IFs in which there was a further string with 7 IFs. However I now need to expand this to 17 IFs. I tried the same technique of creating a third string with 6 more IFs and identifying this in the last condition of the second string. It didn't work. Any ideas. Look here: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip080.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Peter" <P...

Excel 2007
I am using Office 2007 Beta 2 version and I am having problems with Excel. I am unable to copy a sheet with a chart in it. Below is the procedure: 1. Create new book 2. right-click sheet 1 tab 3. Insert , then insert a chart 4. right-click chart 1 tab 5. choose move or copy... 6. copy chart 1 to the end of this work book. I cannot create a copy of the chart. Is this considered a bug in Excel 2007? If it is, do you know any links to sites that I may use as references? Thank you! Lots of bugs in Beta 2 especially with charts, I'm told If its any consolation, I cannot copy a chart ...

bizarre behavior in Excel
When I open Excel I get a series of error messages saying "<filename> format is not valid," where the files named are ones I know nothing about, and then, after I keep hitting ESC to lose the error messages, it opens those bizarre and unknown files, some of which are not even associated with Excel (e.g. txt or htm files). Weird. I can't figure out how to solve this irritating problem. The trouble started after I downloaded the free Open Office suite which, as I understand it, is a somewhat lighter version of Star Office. During installation I accidentally select...

Re : Excel HyperLink by OffSet Leaping to Active Selection
Re : Excel HyperLink by OffSet Leaping to Active Selection 1. Enter an Excel worksheet and a relatively small tabulation named TabLet thereof. 2. TabLet takes the range of say, B2:C18. 3. Tablet is filled in the top rows, leaving several blank ones towards the base of the tabulation. 4. Enter the following formula into Cell B1 :- =HYPERLINK("#"&ADDRESS(MAX( IF(ISBLANK( OFFSET(TabLet,0,Column()-Min(Column(TabLet)), ROWS(TabLet),1)), FALSE,ROW(TabLet)))+1,COLUMN()),"Resume") 5. The resultant HyperLink is given to Resume active selection at one row below the filled r...

how do i map an excel column to an XML element
How do i map an entire column of data in an excel spreadsheet to an XML data element in the XML source Task Pane? I want to export the data in my spreadsheet so that every row in my spreadsheet is an XML record and every cell in the row is a sub element ...

how to remove boxes in excel
I want to know how to remove the bexes that are in the excel? I have a data and design and I need to removes extra boxes so it will have a professional look? and what is the name of this feature? You cannot change the number of rows and columns You could use Tools | Options | View and uncheck the Gridline box (lower left) to give a more pleasing appearance Or you could hide the unused rows and columns (have a look in Help) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "chusu" <chusubaxter@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

eula pops up every time enter excell
Every time I enter excel the eula pops up and i have to accept this. I am using office xp and have activated it. Log on as the administrator account and accept the EULA. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2be6001c39341$82e09720$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I enter excel the eula pops up and i have to > accept this. I am using office xp and have activated it. > > ...

export from excel into ascii
Hi, I have UPC code software that will only allow data to be imported into it's database via ascii (either fixed field or delimited). Is there a way to get data out of excel for direct importation. I was able with relative ease to get data into excel via ascii for modification, but I am having trouble figuring out how to get the modified data out again so I can put it back into the database. Thanks, M.J. Exporting is even easier: "Save as.." allows you to save in other file formats than Excel. CSV is one of them. Cheers, Joerg "AIRJACK" <mjackson@stormyseas.c...

ABC Spelling check in Excel?
Can we do spelling and gramar check in Excel? Thanks, Kim-An -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do a spell check by going to Tools > Spelling or by pressing F on the keyboard. I'm not sure if it checks grammer though sorry. Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I will try using tools and F7. Sorry that I don't know how to reply t newsgroup! Thanks again for your help. Kim-An -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

is it possible in excel?
Hi, I'm new to excel, perhaps someone will help me. What I want to do is to make a monthly expences list. At the moment got sth like this: FEBRUARY --------------------------------------------------------------- days 1 2 3 4 5 6 ..... --------------------------------------------------------------- Shopping 60$ 20$ Entertainment Books 15$ ..... What I want to do is to divide some categories on a subcategories, to make it look like FEBRUARY ------------------...

EXCEL WORKSHEETS
WHEN i try to enter data nothing happen. Except at the botton of the screen where program messages are the word END is there. can someone tell me how to fix this!!! i am not through working with this spreadsheet. The END in the status bar just means that you've pressed the END key on the keyboard. If you press it again, the status bar END should disappear. Is the worksheet protected? (Tools>Protection>Unprotect sheet) Can you enter data in a new workbook? manystars wrote: > WHEN i try to enter data nothing happen. Except at the botton of the screen > where program messag...

Datetime of Excel-document
Hello, If I just open any Excel-document then right at that time Windows-Explorer changes date of the last change of that file to NOW. Even if I don't modify/save it. If I then close it without saving the date is again reset to the old one. How can I find out the real date/time of the last change of an Excel-document while it is open? Thanks for your trouble in advance Dirk You could change the workbook to read-only and check the file time. If you've made changes though you'll be prompted to save them. Sub a() MsgBox FileDateTime("c:\book1.xls") Workbooks(&q...

Cluster a 3-D Column
I am trying to create a 3-D column with clustered columns. Is this even possible, and if so, how do I do it. Here is what I have: Scores on a standardized test at intake, 6 months, and termination for males and females across 4 different years. Thanks Mondie Hi, depending on what you mean by clustered. In my example I laid my data out in the range A1:G6 Male Female In 6 Months Term In 6 Months Out 2000 57 76 35 59 40 59 2001 59 20 63 55 59 37 2003 57 76 35 59 40 59 2004 59 20 63 55 59 37 The Clustered 3d chart created a series for each year with In, 6 months and Out gr...

Map command
Have got Windows XP professional. Excel used to have the facility to create a map from a worksheet but this does not appear to be in the Insert Menu anymore. Can anyone tell me how to create a map in XP? Windows XP Professional is an Operating System. Do you mean Office XP Professional? If so, you are out of luck with the Insert>Map feature unless you purchase MS MapPoint software. Excel XP has done away with the Mapping component. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:41:08 -0800, "suemkay" <suemkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have got Windows X...