how do i map an excel column to an XML element

How do i map an entire column of data in an excel spreadsheet to an XML data
element in the XML source Task Pane? I want to export the data in my
spreadsheet so that every row in my spreadsheet is an XML record and every
cell in the row is a sub element
0
dunford (1)

excel resets charts SizeWithWindow and Zoom
I have a series of procedures which generate a lot of statistics and charts and set the charts' property .SizeWithWindow = False and the window magnification .Zoom = 100 Everything works fine and the charts are output as specified in the vba code. But after I close the workbooks and reopen them, excel has reset all the chart Views to Sized With Window (checked) and Zoom to 127%. Is there a way to prevent excel from resetting the View and Zoom properties? Thanks for any help or suggestions. ...

Need to expand past column IV
Hi, Were using Excel 2003 and ran into the end of colums at IV. Besides upgrading to Office 2007 is there way to extend or add-in more columns. Thanks, BobV Bob, No, but using all 256 columns is often a sign that you should use database data style entry - instead of having a column for each of the ?days(?) enter the column property as a field, with each entry in a separate row. Beyond that, it is hard to be more specific since your question is vague. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Vinecom" <vinecom@nospam.net> wrote in message news:8CBC158A-0AE4-46D6-9EB3-4CCDA375CCA9@mi...

Excel error message #6
I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error message: "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module TBrun9" How do I correct this? David Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 In article <1340701c3f712$da6bdd80$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "David" <macconsulting@prodigy.net> wrote: > I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. > When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error > message: > "Microsoft Visual Basic > Compil...

excel start up #2
i have a working rota spreadsheet with dates in the columns and rota info below, how do i get it to show todays date info at start up With this file open and visible in the main Excel window, right-click on the little Excel file icon to the left of the File menu (assumes you are using xl2003) and choose View Code. Paste the following into the code area of the VBE that will open up: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") ' amend sheet name as appropriate lngRow = Application.Match(CLng(Date), .Range("A:A")) 'amend column as ap...

cube analysis add -in for excel and local cube
Hi Can we connect a local cube(.cub) file through the cube analysis add-in of excel? I got the error "Data source contains no visible tables" I have installed ptslite.exe and sql server 2005's analysis services ole db .msi and msxml6.msi. What else should i do? ...

Saving excel document as a .csv and not lose formats?
Please help! I have Excel 2003, using Windows XP. I am trying to save an Excel document as a .csv file. When I open the saved .csv file all of my custom formats are lost. Can anyone tell me why? or How I can save them? Thanks!! A Comma Separated Value (CSV) file is a text-only file. CSVs are commonly used to transfer data (not formatting) between disparate applications. Many applications are capable of generating/importing CSV files. Consequently, all formatting is removed from the data upon generation of the CSV file. Apart from trying to get your Excel data into another applicatio...

Excel 2007
Original post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/23fa6398a8747c97/b01098814db13a95?lnk=gst&q=excel+2007+cut+off&safe=images# I'm having this exact same issue!! It's been driving me insane and the IT Help Desk people at my work are useless. Does anyone know anything about this??? I ended up figuring out that it only occurs when you change the font size of the text. Anything below or above the default 11, and it doesn't matter which font (I have tried default Calibri, Verdana, Arial and a few others). I have not tried chang...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

Converting access tables to XML for use in .NET web app
I need to access tables in an .mdb file and convert them to XML for use in my ..NET 2.0 web application. Can anyone point me to any tutorials or references on how to accomplish this? (Note: I am using VB) Thanks! ...

exchange columns and rows
How do you exchange all the columns and rows in an Excel spreadsheet? The column labels are across the top of the spreadsheet, with the data (vertically) below. We want to change it so the column labels on the left, with the data horizontally to the right. (I know prior planning helps in these matters but we're not that good at prior planning (acronym PPPPPP)). Jim Hi Jim this can be done, but remember you can't exceed 256 columns :) select the range to transpose choose copy click on a blank cell underneath your current data and choose edit / paste special - transpose - OK no...

Excel Formulas Not Updating
For some reason when I create a new sheet, my formulas do not get updated when I change the value of a cell that si used to calculate the formula (I have to double click on the formula and then I get the right value). This problem does not occur when I make changes to files that I get from other people Try Tools / Options / Calculation / Change to Automatic if on Manual Excel takes it's calculation status from that of the first file opened after launching Excel. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02...

Searching multiple excel documents
When searching for P.O. numbers in windows 2000 basic search command I enter the *.xls in the files or folders field, and i enter the P.O. number in the Containing text field but no xls documents show up. i've selected to search through all subdirectories and am positive the P.O. number is in a xls document, as i've cut and pasted it to test this. I've tried doing alpha numeric searches that are withing xls documents and this returns nothing aswell. doing a pure text search in all documents does return positive, so my search funtion does work for containting text. does wind...

Excel Formatting to look like Project
I was raised on Primavera Teamplay so project is somewhat new to me. I need to get updates on schedules from people designated as "project leads", I have listed these people in the "contact" column in Project. I can sort by that column than copy/paste to Excel....easy enough My problem is I would ideally like that "wbs structure" or I guess in project the "summary" task to remain formatted like it looks in project ... the indentions, bolding, etc. In Primavera this was fairly easy to do, by creating a report to export data to an ASCI file then import...

How do I link data from two different excell files?
I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain field. Is there a statement that wou vlookup HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "twinclstar" wrote: > I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain > field. Is there a statement that wou ...

confused by COLUMN worksheet function
I have seen a worksheet containing the following VLOOKUP formula: =VLOOKUP($C$27,$C$63:$N$82,COLUMN(B1)) This is a lookup table for discount factors, column C listing the discount rates in % starting at C63. What is the purpose/result of using COLUMN(B1)?? It's for copying the formula across and get the lookup index column number to increase, it returns the column number, in this case 2 for column B and copied one cell to the right it will return 3 thus changing the column where vlookup will pick the value from -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "KG" <KG@discussions.microsof...

Insert PDF into Excel Cell?
I would like to do a MS Word mail merge using excel as the data source for a fax blast. However, I need to send a specific page to a specific fax number. I was thinking of setting up an excel document with [name, fax number, document] columns as the data source, and then merge with my word document. My concern is that each recipient get the correct (individualized) page, along with the cover sheet. Is is possible to embed a file (pdf or word) into an excel cell? That way, i could use the excel file to set up the merge (Name1, Fax Number1, Document 1; Name2, Fax Number,2 Document 2; Name3,...

EDI transfer to Excel
Is there a quick / Free way to transfer EDI data file into Excel ? Thanks http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=EDI+data+file+into+Excel&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi= Phil Wales wrote: > Is there a quick / Free way to transfer EDI data file into Excel ? > Thanks ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Excel 2007
The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies them upon saving the file : Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for all the chart series using this syntax. Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ? If the data is in a Table (new XL2007 feature); the chart is automatically dynamic best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jcollot" <jcollot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Possible to open word documents in Excel using hyperlinks?
Hi, I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS Word format. Cheers Have you try it ? Ctrl-K Existing file ...... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "DobieM" <DobieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD72F1-0F21-4414-929D-4D9307997D68@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS > Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS > Wor...

make changes to excel workbook
hi I have a program on my computer that is using an Excel workbook. I'm using VB6 and need to modify this excel workbook. How can I make changes to this excel workbook without saving it first to the hard drive and afterward reopen it. thanks replies in .programming -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "yosilb" <yosilb@walla.com> wrote in message news:4691b8e4@news.bezeqint.net... > hi > I have a program on my computer that is using an Excel workbook. > I'm using VB6 and need to modify this excel ...

Use Excel to make an update query to another database table?
I have a spreadsheet in Excel with information on it that I'd like to update to a database table (outside of Excel). I have been using Excel to pull database information in, and now I'd like to use it to write data to the same table. To this point I've just been copying the data into an Access table and creating an update query. Anyway to get Excel to do this?? Many thanks in advance. ...

Stop opening multiple versions of Excel when click on xls files
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, If I click on an xls file in Windows Explorer, it properly starts Excel and opens the file. However, if I need another file opened, and click on another xls file within Windows Explorer, instead of opening the file only, it starts up a new instance of Excel. So I can find myself with 3 or 4 (or more) instances of Excel running simultaneously. It's not a huge problem but I believe not necessary and would like to see if I can find a way of only opening the file in question once Excel is already opened, etc. Any ideas? Thanks. On Jun 28, 2:55 pm, ste...

Re: Excel - MATCH, INDEX or VLOOKUP - That is the Question
Hi, Here asking for your help again. This place is so useful. Heres the situation: (Also see attachment) If the user were to pick answers from a series of questions is i possible to match up the answers and return the relevant result. i. A7+B7+C7+D7+E7 = G7. How can this be done, please. Thanks Andrew :confused Attachment filename: multipl eg.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55677 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Perhaps the quiz template on my website can help or point you in useful direction: ht...

accessing XML data
Hi, I need to import data from XML to Access97 , what is the best way??? Is there any ODBC solution?? Thanx! Domac This was written with Access 2000 in view, but the idea should work. Check out the article at DBJ. http://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/3310901 -- Danny J. Lesandrini dlesandrini@hotmail.com http://amazecreations.com/datafast "Domac" <dd.cc@cc.cc> wrote ... > Hi, > > I need to import data from XML to Access97 , what is the best way??? > > Is there any ODBC solution?? > > Thanx! > Domac > ...