The excel balance sheet template is exactly what I need. How do I get it to
expand to an infinite number of entries??  office xp
0
kenn (6)

Make Default

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

Sort according to most repeated entries
Hello, How can I sort a column based on repetition. For example, Anna Bob Bob Bob Bob Chuck Chuck Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Sam Sam Sam will be: Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Bob Bob Bob Bob Sam Sam Sam Chuck Chuck Anna I would insert a new column. Then fill it with a formula like: =countif(a:a,a1) (and drag down as far as I need.) Then sort the range by this column (primary key, descending) and the original column (as the secondary key). Roadtripper902902V3V wrote: > > Hello, > How can I so...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Chart on a different sheet
I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart: A1 A8 A15 A22 etc I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as such yo shhet 6 =Sheet2!:a1 =sheet2!a8 etc etc Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my list is becoming very long. Thanks In Sheet6, Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2: =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6) Copy B2 down as far as required. B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1 B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8 and so on -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "pcor" wrote: >...

making tickets

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Saving Images In Excel #2
I have a web page opened with Excel (actually it is streamed to the user from an web application). It is any way to make Excel to save the images along with the *.xls file and not only the image paths? Any help is highly apreciated. ...

Where are my auto text entries?
I recently re-installed Office 2003 on a computer. I did not delete the previous installation...I went to Add / Remove Programs and selected all of the components to Always Run From My Computer. Now, when I try and use my auto text entries in Word, they are gone! I literally have dozens of them. Is there a way that a I can recover them? Please help! Thanks Cindy Where did you save your AutoText entries? If you saved them in the Normal template (which is the default), and you didn't delete that template, the entries should remain intact. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

Protected Sheet Message
Excel has a default message that appears when someone tries to change a protected sheet. Can this message be edited to something more helpful. I know that I can do this using Data/Validation but this doesn't work on a Protected Sheet with all cells locked -- tlosgyl3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tlosgyl3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28074 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491017 You can't change the message, but you can stop them from selecting locked ce...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

when copying sheet, warning that formula or sheet
When copying a sheet within a workbook, I sometimes get a warning that the formula or sheet contains a name, do you want to proceed. Many times, the name is my own name. How do I get rid of these embedded names? I'd get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp It'll help you decide what you want to do with the name. Mark wrote: > > When copying a sheet within a workbook, I sometimes get a warning that the > formula or sheet contains a name, do yo...

a sample question about excel VBA
How can I make msgbox like this? �� there are X sheets of this workbook the first page name is : Sheets(1).Name the secod page name is : Sheets(2).Name �� until to the last page the X page mane is : Sheets(X).Name How can I write this module? Sub WorksheetNames() Dim i As Long Dim strAnswer As String strAnswer = _ "There are " & Worksheets.Count & _ " sheets of this workbook" For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count strAnswer = strAnswer & vbCr & _ "Sheet " & i & " : " & _...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...