How do I make excel start with 0 instead of 1 for my x values?

I have a set of data and I am plotting population levels on the y axis and
time on the x axis.  I want to start at time of zero with an initial
population.  I can't figure out how to make excel start at 0 instead of 1.
My first data point is ( 1,y1) and it should be (0,y1) to be correct.

on your graph right click on the y-axis--> choose format
axis-->scale-->change the minmum to 0. hope it works.
regards,
Nikki

"mountainsol" wrote:

> I have a set of data and I am plotting population levels on the y axis and
> time on the x axis.  I want to start at time of zero with an initial
> population.  I can't figure out how to make excel start at 0 instead of 1.
> My first data point is ( 1,y1) and it should be (0,y1) to be correct.
0
Nikki (101)

Does the add in Template Wizard exist for Excel 2003
I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. I have a Template that was linked to a worksheet using the Template Wizard with Data Tracking. When I open the worksheet now, I get a error that says "Cannot open Template Wizard". I can't find this add-in for Excel 2003. Does it exist? Is there a work around? Hi Casey The Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy the xla file from a PC with 2002 to the PC with 2003 and it will work(use Tools>add-ins to browse to the file in Excel) If you don't have a PC with 2002 then mail me priva...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

re: updating values
that works, but i'll need to add a lot of hidden feilds (20+/-)... Is there another way (perhaps more efficient -if not as simple?) ("there's more than one way to skin a cat") thanks inadvance, mark --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79CFD708-34B3-419A-A3F1-CF7050ACDE9F@microsoft.com... > Mark - > > Add the field [PresetOption] to the form. You can set the .visible > property > to FALSE so the user won't see it. Then the code...

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

Value of Less Than Zero to Equal Zero
Hello: I am trying to format my answers in cells of a worksheet. I have an equation that uses addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. This equation has dependent variables in other cells and when these cells are filled in with data, the original equation yields a number. Unfortunately, if one of the cells is not used, there is still a value reported by the original equation. As an example: If B2=((A2*3)+(A3)-1.5) and A2=2 and A3=1, then the result will be equal to 5.5. But if cell A2 does not have a value, the value will report -0.5. Here is the problem. Well, I think I have t...

match two conditions to return value from pivot table
Pivot table setup with name in row field, week number in column value. Need to lookup/match the week number then the name and return a 1 value from the pivot table. Is this possible? example: 1 2 3 Sales 1000.00 3000.00 Cost of Sales 350.00 1000.00 200.00 Accounting fees 50.00 10.00 30.00 Advertising 20.00 ...

Equation Editor 10.0.0 crashes upon launch
Launching Equation Editor 10.0.0 (02092700) results in the crash log entry: Date/Time: 2003-09-12 14:13:05 -0500 OS Version: 10.2.6 (Build 6L60) Command: Equation Editor PID: 896 Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001) Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000038 Thread 0 Crashed: #0 0x90248dac in ConstructClosure #1 0x90254a64 in PrepareClosure #2 0x90263f6c in PCFragPrepareClosureByName #3 0x90278630 in CCFM_LaunchApplication #4 0x0000362c in main #5 0x0000329c in _start #6 0x0000311c in start PPC Thread State: srr0: 0x90248dac srr1: 0x0000d03...

Office:mac v.X #2
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! You can get the Office X 10.1.9 update here: http://snipurl.com/22zx4 On 3/30/08 3:09 PM, in article ee96b4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com" <AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel &g...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Great Plains 9.0 Quicklinks
The ability to establish quicklinks to modules or products that are considered "ass-ons" would be helpful for ease of navigation within the system. Fixed Assets happens to be the module/product that could not be added as a quicklink. In addition, when using the toolbar to set-up a shortcut, you can only choose the module at it's highest level (cannot select specific functions within the Fixed Assets module). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Crash

Max Value
I have a sent worksheets that supply data. HOwever I would like to set up a VLookup that looks by Month and Max Value. For Example Column A is Jan, Feb, March, Feb, Jan, Mar and Column B is 42, 18, 22, 38, 45, 11. I want to look for particular month and highest value in that month How about this: =MAX(IF(A1:A30="Jan",B1:B30)) This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you do it correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula. (don't type them yourself.) (and adjust the ranges accordingly) Ramon wrote: > > I have a sent wor...

Datagridview Combobox Values
Good Afternoon All, I have a datagridview dgv1 that has a combobox column in it. Each row should have an individual item to select from in the combobox. My code displays the same values in all of them. Any help would be great! Here's my code: Dim dsMP As DataSet = New DataSet() Dim intRow As Integer = 0 Dim intRows As Integer = dgvRO.Rows.Count Dim strPartNumber As String = "" Dim dt As DataTable = Nothing Dim dr As DataRow = Nothing For intRow = 0 To intRows - 1 strPartNumber = dgvRO.Rows...

Force scale to start at zero
I am using Excel 2007 to display an X-Y graph and I want to force the Y scale to start at zero. How can I do that? On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:08:41 -0500, Michael Dobony wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 to display an X-Y graph and I want to force the Y > scale to start at zero. How can I do that? I found it. Hi, The easiest way is to right-click the trendline and choose Format Trendline, on the Trendline Options tab check Set Intercept and enter 0. I have heard rumors that this feature does not always perform correctly either here or in the LINEST function of the spreadsheet, so ke...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...