How do I make a formula that uses the fist cell as a starting posi

How do I make a formula that uses the fist cell as a starting position and
then counts 4 cells down as the next result?

Ex.
A1 start cell, then A5, A9, A13, A17 etc.

cheers
Bjarne

Have a look in help index for OFFSET

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"mrbshansen" <mrbshansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I make a formula that uses the fist cell as a starting position and
> then counts 4 cells down as the next result?
>
> Ex.
> A1 start cell, then A5, A9, A13, A17 etc.
>
> cheers
> Bjarne

0
Don

Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon.
Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... How do I get it to save using commas only (,)? (I'm using semicolons for other delimitations and so can't just do a global replace.) Thanks so much for your help! Hi Excel uses your Windows regional settings for saving CSV files. Also ho should an importing program of this CSV file know whether it is the list separator or one of your other separators? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CCinItly wrote: > Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... > How do I get it ...

Freeze NOW formula
I have entered a conditional formula, that is if an adjacent cell contains a number then the NOW function will enter the current date and time into another cell. If I copy this formula in subsequent cells and enter a number into the conditional cell excel recalcs both cells, however I want the first cell to calculate once then freeze. The reason for this is i want to generate unique document numbers from exact times and dates. You can use shortcut keys to enter the current date and time: CTRL+; for the date and CTRL+SHIFT+: for the time. On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:07:02 -0700, "cameron&...

Outlook Message start with white text and white background...
I am having an issue with Outlook whereas when I write a message... It starts with white text on a white background? WE will presume that you have already checked under Tools->options->mail format->fonts? If yes, are you using Word as your editor and have you chosen a Style that uses this font color against a dark background? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ron.... asked: | I am having an issue...

Excel Calculation Error for formula to sum
I entered a formula of =sum(E11:E56) for example and excel did not return a correct calculation. I checked the format of the cells and it is a custom one. I checked for hidden values and could not find any (to my understanding it will show a blank cell but if the cell is highlighted and it is a hidden value it will show the number in the formula bar). The sum that Excel returned is exactly 6033 over, which is a value that is included of what I told excel to add for me. Any ideas? I changed the format to general, to a number, etc and it did not help. Also, another item that is stra...

Proper use of ON_CONTROL
Im working on a custom control but I can't make heads or tails out of how to use this macro to map the messages the control sends. According to MSDN, this is the proper syntax: ON_CONTROL( wNotifyCode, id, memberFxn ) Parameters wNotifyCode The notification code of the control. id The command ID. memberFxn The name of the message-handler function to which the command is mapped. From what little i have been able to piece together through the MSDN website, these forums, and the documentation that came with VC++, it seems like I should be using WM_COMMAND as the wNotifyCode, and ...

Make Default

VS Debug Mobile
Hi, When I'm writing mobile apps in vb.net and want to F5 to deploy and run in debug, I'd like to force the device's internet connection to be the one used rather than the PC's internet connection. Active Sync & Windows Mobile Device Center don't seem to offer that as a configuration choice. I want to be able to debug in VS on the PC while the app runs on the device and uses it's internet connection. I've tried both Work Connection and Internet, Automatic for "the computer is connected to" setting. Please suggest solutions. ...

How can I create a formla using date ranges
How can I create a formula that will do this: = IF cell A2 ="m" and if cell D2 is between 5/19/06 and 6/20/06 than cell E2 ="June" + if A2 = "m" and D2 is between 6/21/06 and 7/18/06 than E2 = "July" and so on? This is the formula I used: =AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38854:38888,"June")+AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38889:38916,"July") I either get an #Value!, or some other error. Please help! If June / July is your only concern, then: =if( A2 <> "m", ___whatever happens if A2 is not m____, if( and(D2>3885...

making a transfer show up in the budget

leave a cell blank
My spreadsheet serves 2 purposes. Printed and manually filled out plus data entry. The cells with formulas show a 0 (zero) if the referenced cells are empty. The problem is the user has the option to ignore the formula and hard code a figure. If a formula = 0, is there a way to hide that zero so when I print the form it's blank for the user? thanks! You could turn off viewing zeros at Tools>Options>View. Or you could trap for the 0 and leave cell looking blank. =IF(A1*B1=0,"",A1*B1) If you are interested in keeping the user from over-writing a formula, see hel...

Formula calculation question
I need to total up a set up computations based upon two columns. For example: A B 1] 1 24.00 2] 2 12.00 3] 1 5.00 4] [formula] Cell 4B needs to be a formula of (A1*B1) + (A2*B2) + (A3+B3)...and so on, for as many rows there are. Is there an excel function or syntax shortcut that is simpler than writing the above "(A1*B1)+..." calculation? -Phil One way: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3,B1:B3) HTH Anders Silven "Phil Servedio" <pservedio@fast-track.com> skrev i meddelandet news:b7338b82.0405131340.751616df@post...

making tickets

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Use the propertyInfo to setValues
Hello. I am using the propertyInfo type. dim pi as propertyInfo pi = myClass.getType().getProperty("myPropertyName", BindingFlags.Public Or BindingFlags.Instance) myPropertyName may be any property, such as borderLevel, etc. I want to set myPropertyName to a specific value, as propertyGrid does (I mean - by sending it a string). I see there are methods : getGetMethod, and getSetMethod - Are those method the property editors ? Can I use those method to solve the problem ? How can I do that ? Thanks :) On 21/06/2010 13:45, Mr. X. wrote: > I am using...

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Using a COUNTIF statement with an AND operator
I'm using Excel 2003 so I hope I'm not limited here. We are performing a space usage survey and I need to compile the data results. Each location has 70 entries over the course of 10 days. I have a column for "group work" where the value is either 1 or 0. I have another column for # of people observed in a particular office. What I'm trying to do is the following: Get a count of instances where "# of people" = 1 and "group work" = 0 I'm doing a lot of countif statements, but I don't see how to do a countif with an and operato...

delete outlook profile and start over
I want to delete my outlook 2003 profile - everything! and want to start over as if I've never used outlook 2003 in my WinXP profile. How can I do this? I have tried removing folders from within Outlook 2003, deleting c:/documents and settings/..../outlook/*.pst, etc. but to no avail. bottom line: I want to start over. Thanks, ~alan Easy. Open Control Panel -> Mail applet -> Show profiles Remove all profiles. Thanks. that was too easy. thank you, ~alan <parameshs007@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1109816263.997846.294230@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > E...

if formulas #4
I am working on a bonus chart and this is what I am trying to do: If an employee keeps his register balances between -$10.00 thru +$10.00, they recieve 100 points. If they keep it between +$10.00 thru -$24.00 they get 50 points. If they are out are out of those at ranges they get 0 points. I have tried playing with "IF" formulas until I am blue in the face. Please help Thank you Mike Manick --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Try =IF(AND(A1<=10,A1>=-10),10,IF(AND(A1>10,A1<=24),5,0)) assumning 'A1' is where the balance is kept. Charli...

Request/Response XML to a remote server without using IIS
I have a need to take an xml file generated from a mainframe and post it to a remote server (ex: http//xml.company.com/order.cgi) which, in turn, will return an xml response. I have no idea how to do this without using IIS (the application is written in C#). Can someone point me in the right direction (samples, framework classes, etc.)? Look at HttpWebRequest. I used that in an app to upload an XML file and get a response XML file: HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(requrl); T "William" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uZfnFeQsGHA.1304@...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

closing a form that uses a Dlookup
I have a form I use to enter new production requirements in to a table. On that form I have a the following controls Code Qty Needed Date Needed Plan Date The Code control has the following VBA on the On Exit event: Private Sub fldcode_Exit(Cancel As Integer) Dim varrtgno As String Dim vardays As Double Dim varfstop As Date Dim varplandate As Date varrtgno = DLookup("[rtg_no]", "dbo_imitmidx_sql", "[item_no]='" & [Forms]![frm enter fillroom requirements]![fldcode] & "'") 'Me!rtgno = varrtgno Select Case varrtgno ' some cas...

wmpnetwk.exe using 100% of CPU
The process wmpnetwk.exe is continually using all of my CPU. I am using Windows 7 and I want to share media to my D-Link DSM-750. Is there any way to temporarily turn this off and then turn in back on when I need to share files? ...