How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?

I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column.
 I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then
forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages.  Is there an easier way?
Thanks.

You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print
Selection, rather than simply Print.

You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up.

"Davbwalker" wrote:

> I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column.
>  I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then
> forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages.  Is there an easier way?
> Thanks.
0
DukeCarey (494)

how to print the contents of a list control?
hi all, can any one help me to print the contents of a list control in the the same format they appear in the list control . thanks and regards Here's an article that might help you... Tom http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/listprint.asp "Manikandan" <manikandan_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:udsmqhioFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > can any one help me to print the contents of a list control > in the the same format they appear in the list control . > > thanks and regards > ...

Link from Excel to out look
I would like to make a link from Excel date column to my outlook calander. Please let me if it is possible. I am using Office 2003. For example if I have date in one column and some notes on second column. For that date I would like see those notes in my Outlook Calander. ...

Color pages take 45 mins and longer to print on laser
Hi all, My two page document takes roughly 45 minutes and sometimes longer to print in colour, using Publisher 2003. When I print is black & white prints instantly, Bit more info, did document at home with an external mysql db, I don't have a printer that can handle this type of job. So I've "printed" the job as an adobe PDF and taken it into my office to print, and same problem when try to print takes 45 mins. it's doing an automated mail-merge letter, that grabs name address, ... from an external MySql DB and then adds to a letter. Problem not with data jus...

Printing Checks #10
How do you set up Money to print your personal and bank info? Or do you have to buy preprinted checks? Money will only print the amount, payee, payee address, date and so on. It will not print the MICR information or the payor or bank information. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=39. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1987e01c44d84$85c1f800$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set up Money to print your personal and bank > info? Or do you have to buy preprinted checks? ...

print macro to filter search form
Hi all, I have a search form that finds results by filtering the original table. It is adapted from http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html . All my search boxes are text boxes on my version. I need to be able to print the records that the search retrieves. The form is a continuous form. I know how to set up a print macro if searching with a Query, but I have many criterion to search for and the filter was the best choice. Additionally I am having problems with the Query code itself. Anyways, Is there any way to print out a report of filtered results like that? Thank you for your time in adv...

Text not printing
I'm using publisher 2002 with windows XP. Creating 8 page booklet with text boxs and Photo images. When i send to printer after 1 test page, some text will not print but images will. only certain pages will not print text others will. Very frustrating when doing run in color and have to recycle because all text is not printing. Can anyone help? Lorne, how about you tell us what brand, model and type of printer you are using. If this is a laser printer you are running out of memory. Make sure you are using the latest model printer driver from the website of your printer manufacturer...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Excel 97 not saving
I have a user on WinXP / Office 97. User states that sporatically, she is unable to save an Excel file on either her hard drive or the network drive. These files have macros in them, and up until she was upgraded to XP and began using macros, she had no problems saving. The only error being reported is "Document could not be saved." In her latest email to me she writes: Please note that the problem is intermittent and I do not know what is triggering the problem other than it has only happened since I started using XP and files with Macros. I have seen documentation that a...

How do I delete multiple pages in Publisher 2007
Am having problems deleting multiple pages in Publisher 2007 Beta What is the problem? Are you getting an error? What happens if you right-click a page tab and click delete? Are you trying to delete multipages at one time? If you select two page spread in the view menu, you will get the option of deleting two pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "ramrest" <ramrest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D972D0A-18FC-459F-9...

Weibull Analysis in Excel
Hi, I would like to carry out a Weibull analysis in Excel but I don't know enough Excel to get going. The formulas for Weibull analysis are quite complex so I was hoping that there may exist a ready-made solution somewhere out there but I couldn't find anything suitable. The data set is listed below - can anyone help me out, please? Thanks! Regards, John "Estimated Service Life Interval(X)" "Frequency(Y)" "Ref.Raw Data" 1000 1 13270 2000 2 3211 3000 3 9441 4000 2 11088 5000 4 830 6000 6 7497 7000 4 13440 8000 2 6431 9000 1 5573 10000 3 9010 ...

I want to put in 2-2 in a box in excel but it aoutomatically chan.
Enter it as '2-2 or format the cell as text. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ME" <ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5937DDB8-0628-4C0E-AA91-DEE076DF9172@microsoft.com... > ...

GDI+ and printing
Hi, I'm trying to print with GDI+ and I have problem with coordinates. I was able to print without problems with GDI. I'd like to use 1/10 of milliter for coordinates but my code doesn't work .... and I don't understand why, if I use a 600 dpi printer, althought I try to scale, I get double sized objects. void SetPrintAlign(CDC *pDC, HDC hdcPrn,) { CSize WindowExt,ViewportExt; pDC->SetMapMode(MM_ANISOTROPIC); pDC->SetWindowOrg(0,0); pDC->SetViewportOrg(0,0); SetWindowExtEx(hdcPrn,254,254,NULL); SetViewportExtEx (hdcPrn,::GetDeviceCaps (hdcPrn,LOGPIXELSX) ,::...

can't change print styles
In outlook 2003 when I try to change how a calendar prints, I click file-page setup-daily style - I get an error "unable to display dialog box". Any ideas as to how I can fix this? It happens with all the headings under page setup. Thanks, Jennifer ...

printing excel sheets duplex, make margin stay on one edge
Hi, I wish to printa large nummber of excel sheets in duplex (printed on both sides, portrait) and then bind them on one side. I cannot find the method to make the margin stay on one edge so that I can bind it. As there is a lot of data on each page I wish to use the maximum printing width and have the margin only on the side that is bound. Am using MS Excel 2000 and a HP laserjet Thanks Jim ...

Duplicate records in Excel
How do I highliht duplicate records in Excel? I created a data base in Excel, and discovered that there are duplicate tag numbers from the old paper work I'm pulling data off of. So I'm looking for a way to get Excel to find those duplicate records and highlight the rows they are in. Sheidsa, have a look here http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Sheidsa" <She...

Excel Type Rounding
Hello, Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know how to do it with Access standard Round() function. The same syntax produces an error with Access. Pls Help For example, I want 125,232 to be displayed as 125,000 and 125,832 to be displayed as 126,000 TIA Anand Anand - Try this: Round([AmountToRound]/1000,0)*1000 -- Daryl S "Anand" wrote: > Hello, > Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use > Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know ho...

Excel File Opening Via Hyperlink
What do I need to do within an Excel document to have it open in print preview mode when the Intranet link to this file is clicked? Thank you. Put this one line Macro in the ThisWorkbook code area: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200723 ...

Help with printing one name on a report
On my Form that has No Record Source I have a Combo Box [cmbHorsePlanner] that has a row source SELECT qryHorseNameActive.HorseID, qryHorseNameActive.Name FROM qryHorseNameActive; And next to that Combo Box I have a Print control that prints my form that I only want the one name that I select from my Combo Box My Report is rptHorsePlanner, I suppose I will need a requery or Dirty so I can change selections to print a Report! Thanks for any Help...........Bob Bob, What is the Record Source of the report. Assuming your report is based on a query, then I think all you will need to do i...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Access 2 Excel
I exported an annual worklist from an Access table to Excel. There is column for tasks, one for frequency (TD, D, TW, W, TM, M, Q, SA, A twice daily, daily, twice monthly, etc) and a column for each month. The month columns have the same coded data as the frequency colum depending on when the task is done. The problem is that I tried to make a pivot table to count how man tasks (by frequency type) are done each month. Excel is counting th empty cells as if they had data. Search and replace doesn't work. even tried replacing the blank data in Access with ~ and re-exportin it. Ex...

Excel with Macros
I have protected a worksheet with macros and when I try an run them I get "run time error 1004" I need to able to protect the sheet from alterations by others. What is the error and how do I fix it? regds Hi depending on the macro actions you may have to unprotect the sheet at the beginning of your macro and protect it again at the end of the run -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rajesh wrote: > I have protected a worksheet with macros and when I try an > run them I get "run time error 1004" I need to able to > protect the sheet from alterations by ...

Printing all of the gridlines
How can I print a spreadsheet with the grid lines appearing where there is no test. For instance, if there were only a few colums used, how can I print so that the grid lines are on the rest of the page? I went into the page setup and checked the box that says gridlines. I also went in and checked the box that said whole workbook. Any suggestions? Thank you... Griz, I don't know of an option to print gridlines beyond the used range of a worksheet. You could put in borders, either with the border button on the Formatting Toolbar, or (better) with Format - Cells - Borders. Mak...

Printing Item Notes on Receipt
I sell classes and would like the date and time of the class to print on the receipt. We ring each class as a different item. Is there some way to print a note on the receipt for certain items? Thanks for any info. This would help us a lot! Daniela Stout Cozy Quilt Shop Daniela, How about Sub Descriptions? First Sub is the Date, Second is the Time. To make them print and display, SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options tab | Items options | checkmark Show Item Subdescriptions and/or Show previous defined... -- * "Daniela" <Daniela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

printing Publisher mailmerge
When printing a large mailmerge file, Publisher spools the job in sets of 10 pages at a time, instead of one job. I get several jobs at the printer named Records 1-10, records 11-20, records 21-30 etc. instead of the one job name. I can't find any settings in Publisher to send one complete job. I've tested it with 4 different printers and it is always the same result. Is there anyway to turn off this seeting? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > When printing a large mailmerge file,...