How do I install the Data Analysis Toolkit from Office Basic CD?

I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD. However
for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't installed.
How do I install this feature?
0
Shannon1 (76)

Tools  - Addins.  Check the one you want.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD.
>However
> for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't
> installed.
> How do I install this feature?

0
someone798 (945)
10/16/2005 3:00:59 AM
Shannon

If ATP is not available through Tools>Add-ins it may not have been installed
with original installation.

Suggest you do it through Add/Remove using CD.

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs.

Scroll down to Office and select it.  Select "Change"

Select "Add or Remove Features"

You will get a list of Office Applications.  Expand Excel and select "Add-ins"

Select Analysis Toolpak and OK.  Have the CD ready.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:37:03 -0700, "Shannon"
<Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD. However
>for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't installed.
>How do I install this feature?

0
Gord

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Bulk Data Load
We are loading a bunch of hospitals from around the US into CRM as Account objects. We have an autonumber field that was added so that each hospital is assigned a visible code (e.g. 1234-5678) that makes it easier for hospitals that call in to get service. The problem is that the bulk import does not correctly increment the auto-number field. I can map to it and set the values manually in a CSV file but CRM ignores these and just inserts the same number for several thousand accounts. Any ideas why Bulk Import is doing this? How can I bulk import accounts and correctly have CRM generate an au...

Data from multiple cells into one string.
I have data from about seven cells that I need to have combined into one string when I use data automation from excel to word, is this possible? Hi Adam not sure what you mean by "data automation from excel to word" but in excel you can concatenate the contents of a number of cells, e.g. if A1 has Mr B1 has John C1 has Smith =A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1 will give you Mr John Smith so could you combine the 7 cells into one in excel and use that in your link with word? hope this helps Cheers JulieD will give the cont "Adam" <Adam@d...

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

copy and paste data from different sheets
i have data on sheet 1 in range A1 to C100. I need a macro to copy all the data starting from the bottom (which in this case is at row 100) going up 73 rows. then paste it on sheet 2 starting at cell A1. Then another macro to select / copy the rest of data from row 72 up from sheet 1, and paste on sheet 2 at cell E1. Depending on my data, the macro needs to select at the very bottom row all the time because the data range can change from C100 as above to C200. No matter what, it would have to copy and paste the bottom 73 rows first. Help would be much appreciated. than...

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

data by month
I’m having trouble figuring out how to get started on a report that takes a set of currency values in a table and totals them in such a way so that I can break-down total income by month. So if I have 14 different potential values (there will always be some at zero-value) and also have 1 department field that can have 1 of 3 values, how would I structure a query (ultimately leading to a pivot-chart which I’ve never used before) that will total all dollar values for a given month for each of 3 departments? The date range will be no more than a year at a time but may only be 1 m...

Labeling Data Series on an XY Scatter
I need to label a data series on an XY Scatter. Currently Excel only has the option to label and individual point with the series name, I want to label the entire series of points just once with the series name, even if inputs are changed. Select the point you want to label (two single clicks, one for the series, one for the point itself). Press Ctrl+1 to format the point, then add a data label using the Series option. This point will carry the series name as its label, even if the data or the series name change. In 2007, select the point (two clicks again). Go to the Chart Tools >...

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

How to get data for whole month
Hi, I am storing transaction data for users vertically as I have shown below in table1. And now I need to get the data for whole month horizontally as I have shown below in table2. Please let me know how to write query for same ? Table1:- user Date trans a 1/1/2010 10 a 1/1/2010 10 b 1/1/2010 20 b 1/1/2010 20 a 2/1/2010 30 b 2/1/2010 40 b 4/1/2010 60 Table2:- user 1/1/2010 2/1/2010 3/1/2010 4/1/2010 5/1/2010 6/1/2010 7/1/2010 8/1/2010 9/1/2010 a 20 30 0 60 0 0 0 0 0 b 40 40 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 I want data for wh...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

Stop excel from copying data from one sheet to another
I have a workbook (actually 75 workbooks) and it has ten worksheets. In each sheet I have a subtotal at the end of each row (34 in all) and at the bottom of each column (25 in all) I have copied this formula onto each sheet. The problem I am having is that in the blank cells (of any worksheet), I enter a number and it is being transposed onto the other nine worksheets. I have no formulas in any of the cells or the other worksheets telling it to transfer the information. What I need to know is, how do i stop it from copying information from one sheet to the other without having to re...