How do I insert a picture (logo) in the header of Excel for an en.

I am trying to insert a logo into the header of Excel that will show up on
all of the worksheets in a workbook.  I also would like to make it as a
template for new workbooks.

I seem to only be able to do it one worksheet at a time.
0
Frans1 (1)

To change all the headers in the workbook, select all the sheets
(right-click on a sheet tab, choose Select All Sheets)
Add the logo to the header
Ungroup the sheets (right-click on a sheet tab, choose Ungroup sheets)

You can create a new default template, with your preferred settings:

    Open a new workbook.
    Group the sheets, add the logo to the header, ungroup the sheets
    Choose Save As
    From the Save As Type dropdown, choose Template (*.xlt)
    Name the File "Book.xlt"
    Save it in the XLStart folder
         (usually in Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office)

When you click the New button on the toolbar, the new workbook will be
based on this template.

If you want new sheets to be inserted with the same settings, you can
create a sheet template.

Follow the steps for creating a workbook template, but:
-- create a workbook with only one sheet
-- save as Sheet.xlt

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Logo signature
I have created & saved a logo as a jpg. for an automatic email signature. I can send email once or twice, but then the logo disapears from a next new email, as well as from the signature box where the logo was originally copied to. Seems to last about 10 minutes. Suggestions? ...

Formulas do not work in excel.
Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new worksheets. Try going to tools-option-calculation and click automatic if it is on manual. Let me know if it works. B "Flintlock98" wrote: > Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless > we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new > worksheets. ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

Problem while converting excel to csv for Special Characters
Hi All, I need to convert excel sheet data into csv format data=20 file, but while doing so for some Eastern countries, like=20 Poland, special characters in the excel sheet are getting=20 converted into junk data e.g Excel Sheet Original line - Zesp=F3l Opieki Zdrowotnej w=20 Bedzinie Line when converted to CSV - Zesp=F3? Opieki Zdrowotnej w B? dzinie Really appreciate your response on this. Thanks, Pramod I'm not sure if this will help, but I just copied your first original line into a excel worksheet (USA xl2002) and saved it as .csv. I re-imported and it looked fine. I opened t...

Insert trigger

Excel Re-Calc causes network traffic and very slow response times.
Platform: Excel Ver 2003 SP2 Windows XP SP2 Microsoft SBS Server 2003 Workstations: P4 2Ghz, 512 Mb Ram Problem: I have an excel file with hundreds of vlookup and indirect formulas. It has no links to any other spreadsheets. The file resides on a shared network drive on our server. When users do a recalc or change a number in the file causing a recalc it takes about 7 seconds... however after a bit of experimentation I find that if we open the file and then disconnect the workstations network cable the recalc takes less than one second ! Tried saving the file to the local drive of a workstati...

Excel related
when i opening excel application, excel with opening as default sheet2 page.whereas the default sheet1 should be open.please suggest. You may have another instance of Excel open, which has already used "Sheet1". The next available name is "Sheet2". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Thiyagu" <Thiyagu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FFB321B-1442-40E9-A4E1-748A173F8F44@microsoft.com... > when i opening excel application, exc...

Need list of the different versions of Excel
In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5, now I use Version 8 (Microsoft Excel97). I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all the Excels, starting with the first one. I am working on a project that I intend to offer for sale to the public. Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on. Maybe it will on some prior versions depending on what features are used. Thankyou Ed Hi Ed, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85F71...

Ful header
I did a test mail that sent from my company Exchange 2003 to my yahoo account. I noticed that when i view the "Full header" it shows my exchange server, SMTP replay and SMTPgateway host name & private IP address. Basically, my internal network IP address & server host names are exposed. How can i "hide" it from public? ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Recolor embeded Excel graph in PowerPoint
Is there any way to recolor an embeded Excel graph colors to match the color scheme of targeted PowerPoint file? thanks. You could create a user-defined custom chart type with the colour schem of the presentation and apply it to the embedded chart. I am not aware of any in-built color synchronization between powerpoin and excel, though. - Leni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com when you say "A user-defined custom chart type" Is this "Chart>Chart type>Custom types>User-defined" ? If yes. 1. Create the same type of graph with MS Graph. 2. Add...

Unremoveable downloaded headers
I'm using Outlook 2002 in Windows XP Pro. I have about 100 downloaded headers that I cannot remove. I believe that these files do not exist on the server anymore. How can I remove these headers? I select them all and hit delete but nothing happens. I cannot move them either. Mike ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I had a similar problem as well in the inbox for 2003. I couldn't delete the header because it says I have to download it from t...

Insert with a where condition

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Insert

repeated custom headers and footers
i repeatedly use the same custom headers and footers on approximately 25 spreadsheets a month, can i create them ahead of time and automatically have them printed on my sheets, such as a template. thanks If you are using File>Page Setup--Headers and Footers, you should already be able to do so. Custom H/Fs are automatically added to the respective lists in the Setup dialog box. All you need to do is open the lists & pick which you want to use any time you print any content from any file. Once you make a choice it is used automatically until you select something different. If yo...

Some questions about Excel 2007 Charts
1. In Excel 2003, the line chart won't draw the value of #N/A and leaving it as an empty point. but in Excel 2007, it deal the value of #N/A as zero. In such condition. I could not drawing some conditional charts which could associate different scopes of value with different series and format them differently. 2.the dynamic chart in Excel 2007 seems to be disappointed, I could not combine the chart with form control. and the relative reference names( such as data1=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B11,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$1:$1)-1) could not function too. maybe you could find it by the sample of John Walke...

Excel 2000 #2
In Excel 2000 toolbar and menu bar are missing when you open Excel. Tried using fix on website, says to search for file excel.xlb and rename it and then reopen Excel, but file does not exist. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 and have not had success in getting toolbar and menu bar back. Word, Powerpoint and Access are okay, just Excel is missing the bars. Has anyone experienced a problem like this previously? Thanks!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Laureen Miles - > >> In Excel 2000 toolbar and menu bar are missing when you open Excel. Tried >usin...

Saving pictures as trasparent
Hello! Having problems when I'm having two pictures in my file. The first one is a background, and the second one should be transparent. How do I do that? Thanks -- - Lars I would suggest the version of Publisher you are using does not support transparency. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. We have the 2003 version of publisher. Should the picture be created transparent before pub? -- - Lars "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote i...

How do I delete the header in my worksheet?
I used the blank for header instead of footer and now cannot delete the header portion on my worksheet. What do I do next? File > Page setup > Header/Footer > Custom header... Thenb clear right, center, and left. -- Gary's Student gsnu200711 The information I received was correct, I just did something wrong myself! I think I forgot to save before getting out because my instructer did the same thing and it worked, of course. Thanks again. "quiltingstudent" wrote: > I used the blank for header instead of footer and now cannot delete the > header port...

excel data to outlook
Hi, In my daily job, I need to flash some new data into my excel and use the excel result to send out mails to report daily result. Is all numbers I need to report in mails. Wonder if you can tell me if there is any tools to make the data into text on my outllook. I tried forming some string using: ="Today we booked "&Sheet1!A4&" MM vs."&Sheet1!A5&" MM expiry" but when I copied this cells into my outlook, format is rare and pasted as table / cells where I prefer to paste as text format ( which can be read by boss with blackberry). I asked ar...