How do I input email addresses in Excel without the hyperlink,

I need email addresses in my excel worksheet, but they must be text, not
hyperlink.  Iv'e been copying them to a word doc, then doing the "paste
special" to put it in excel as text.  That works, but is very time consuming.
 Is there a way to format a column so emails are text only?
--
"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough
other people get what they want." -- Zig Ziglar

0
vms (3)

Precede the email address with an apostrophe (') when
keying.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Thank you 100 times!

"Jason Morin" wrote:

> Precede the email address with an apostrophe (') when
> keying.
>
> HTH
> Jason
> Atlanta, GA

0
vms (3)
2/21/2005 8:03:04 PM
Hi vms

In 2002/2003 you can turn it of

Tools > Options > Spelling
Press "AutoCorrect Options" Button
AutoFormat As You Type Tab
Remove Check from "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
OK
OK

If you have fill in a address and Enter to confirm you
can use Ctrl-Z to make it text.

Or start with a '

You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks
in your worksheet

Sub test()
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

Alt-F11
Insert>Module from the menubar
paste the sub in there
Alt-Q to go back to Excel

If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
Select "test" and press Run

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"vms" <vms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:423A7686-8F52-4850-8CB2-F01517CDF0D7@microsoft.com...
> Thank you 100 times!
>
> "Jason Morin" wrote:
>
>> Precede the email address with an apostrophe (') when
>> keying.
>>
>> HTH
>> Jason
>> Atlanta, GA

0
rondebruin (3789)

Outlook 2007
I can not seem to find where I can change the default e-mail fonty and color of teh font when reading / sending an e-mail? Or even in teh preview pane. ...

Macro pause for input
I would like a macro to insert a footer with some data already in a worksheet. I can do that, but I want it to pause and offer choices, e.g. a dropdown box or something, so that the choice is between two or more cells/named ranges in the worksheet, or choices such as left or right footer and Active.Workbook.FullName or "Date" such as date is "Date: &D" Suggestions greatly appreciated. Have you tried using Forms in your macro? Or even using the msgbox command will probably suffice. Look msgbox up in the help from your macro >-----Original Message----- >...

Visible control based on other inputs
Hi I have a form where the user choose shift, Sektor, Cell, Date from 4 different comboboxes. The cell combobox is based on a query that gives you the cells that corisponds to a sektor when the sektor is choosed. The query looks like this SELECT TblCelle.CelleNr, TblCelle.CelleTxt, TblCelle.Sektor FROM TblCelle WHERE (((TblCelle.Sektor)=[Forms]![FrmReg]![Sektor])) ORDER BY TblCelle.CelleNr; TblCelle has the following fields CellNo, CellTxt, CellVar, CellCat, Sektor The CellVar can have two input either L or H I have a text box and a label that should not be visib...

Text emails do not format
All of my incoming emails in Outlook 2003 are coming in as one long line of text. I've gone into my email options and turned off "Remove extra line breaks from text emails" but the problem still occurs. Does anyone know how to prevent my incoming text emails from turning the entire message into one long paragraph? Thanks! Fury Maybe the issue is with the person (or people) sending it. As a test, log into your webmail account, send yourself and email and then go into Outlook 2003 and see what it does... >-----Original Message----- >All of my incoming emails in ...

quotation mark
Hi I have seen (Outlook 2003) that some recived email shows with quotation mark like this one : "last name,first name" [first name.last name@domain.com] and someones without quotation mark, just : last name,first name [first name.last name@domain.com] Want to configure with quotation mark for my users. How do I config this in Exchange 2003? Jordan On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:57:52 +0100, Jordan wrote: >Hi > >I have seen (Outlook 2003) that some recived email shows with >quotation mark like this one : >"last name,first name" [first name.last name@domain.com...

Email Attachment limits
Hello All, I have a mixed Windows 2000 & 2k3 network (currently moving to 2k3) with one Exchange 2000 server and our new Exchange 2k3 server (which we are moving to). Right now I have about 5 users on the Exchange 2003 server and approx. 160 on the 2000 server. Up until the 2003 server came online last week, we had no issues. Now there seems to be a 10MB size limit on all email attachments. I have gone through and removed the limits in Global Settings -> Message Delivery as well as in the SMTP virtual server and the individual users' settings. I have rebooted the 2003 server after...

Excel Work Sheets
Need a template that has a master sheet and breaks out several spread sheets into separate categories. Similar to a rental income statement for several pieces of property that would combine all of the properties on the last sheet in the same work book thus you could look at any property and at the total for all the properties. Any templates available?? Thanks Much john0747 Wrote: > Need a template that has a master sheet and breaks out several spread > sheets > into separate categories. > > Similar to a rental income statement for several pieces of property > that &g...

Input music to WMP?
I know you can enter music by indicating what folder to watch, but I want more control. Amazon Downloader is a free program to do this, but it is done programmatically. Is there a non-programmatic way to do this? Thank you. Jim Cassilly On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:50:28 -0400, "Jim Cassilly" <jcass@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: >I know you can enter music by indicating what folder to watch, but I want >more control. Amazon Downloader is a free program to do this, but it is done >programmatically. Is there a non-programmatic way to do this? Hi, it's not...

Automated sales reports via email
Has anyone developed an add-on to automatically send a daily detailed sales report via email? Sure do! On demand AND at set times. Drop me a message offline to discuss. sbinder @ venus.com "Gaz" wrote: > Has anyone developed an add-on to automatically send a daily detailed sales > report via email? ...

Edit Excel online
Hello to All - Please let me know if this or some other newsgroup is the correct one for this question. Ordinarily I would use an online database for this, but a client is asking that we post an Excel worksheet online so that their staff from various locations can access and edit (not download) the worksheet online -- is there a locking problem with simultaneous editing online? Is there a way to accomplish this task using Excel? Thank you for your help, John <<>> ...

Outbox email stuck
Outlook 2000. Mail in Outbox is italicized as 'sent' and recipients confirm. However, this 'sent' mail resides in the Outbox of Personal Folder, and no new mail comes in. Efforts to Delete these files gets message 'already deleted, or access denied'. PST file is 920Meg. Ideas? Thanks. ...

Convert email from HTML to plain text
Having for some reason messed about with my Outlook 2003 options for some strange reason I have created a very annoying problem for myself. When replying/forwarding HTML emails and I elect to convert from HTML to plain text the font of the resulting email is no longer that which I have set in Options > Mail Format > Fonts (whereas previously it was). Actually, the reason I was fiddling about with Options is that I had just installed AVG v7.0 and it had stuffed up one of my Outlook plug-ins (Getting Things Done); after fixing this I think that was when I noticed the problem with t...

Excel pop3 issue
Hi All, I am using a vbs to create an excel file from sql data, I then add and run a macro to format the excel, and then remove the macro using "xlbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Remove xlbook.VBProject.VBComponents("Module1") " in order to send the users a clean excel without the macro. When the user tries to download using pop3 it results in an error and the file cannot download. There seems to be something remaining in the file after removing the macro that is causing it to drive pop3 crazy. it seems that there is remnant of the macro after removal. If i skip ...

Restore toolbars in open email
I have lost the toolbars across the top of an open email and would like to restore them, but can't seem to figure it out. View, Toolbars, Standard ? "Confused user" wrote: > I have lost the toolbars across the top of an open email and would like to > restore them, but can't seem to figure it out. Right-click in the area Confused user wrote: > I have lost the toolbars across the top of an open email and would like to > restore them, but can't seem to figure it out. ...

Excel not opening documents after extended use #2
I have a whole bunch of computers with this problem. The computers are P4's with 256MB RAM running Windows XP and Office XP (both fully service packed). The users are heavy Excel users. After some time during the day after using Excel for a while (many opening and closing of documents), Excel will start goofing up: When attempting to open a new spreadsheet, via File -> Open, clicking in Explorer or opening an email attachment, the document will not open. No errors, no document... it just doesn't open. It happens for virtually all Excel documents from that point on. The ...

Bulk Email & SPAM
We want to send out an email blast of 5000 items. What is the best way to avoid the SPAM monitoring? What tools are you using to monitor what the receipient does when opening the email? Joe T CRM will only track incoming responses. There are additional solutions tha twill let you track when a user opens an email and also track any URL's they click for example. A comapny called ExactTarget has such a solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. SPAM monitoring is difficult as if you start doing large email blasts the SPAM monitors will flag you as a SPAMMER unless you make arrangements with ...

Data Input
I have a spreadsheet set up containing products with a uniq reference code. I need to input sales quantities against these products each week. At present this is done manually. Has anyone any ideas how to auto mate this function. The sales quantities can be downloaded into an excel file Regard Blueman Hi you may have a look at pivot tables if I understood you correctly >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet set up containing products with a uniq reference code. I need to input sales quantities against these products each week. At present this is done manually. Has an...

Simple Workflow Email Not Working
I am new to workflows, and am trying to learn how to create a workflow that emails someone when "x" is completed. So as a test I created a new work flow... Name: Test1 Description: testing work flow Entity: Account Event: Create I created a simple test, when an account is created, email me: When account is created E-mail To:Steve;Subject:Account {!Account:Account Name;} has been created I created this on the server through the CRM Workflow Manager. Then after I Activate it, I login through my account on my PC and Apply the rule. But when I create a new account, I do not receiv...

why i can not open the excel in windows98?
but i can open the m/s word, m/s access, m/s powerpoint except excel...what's going on? urgent.. thanks "jason" wrote: > it's just hang there...and do restart same problem.. i tried to uninstall and reinstall...same problem... can anyone help me.... so many important files...sigh..:( "jason" wrote: > but i can open the m/s word, m/s access, m/s powerpoint except excel...what's > going on? urgent.. > > thanks > > "jason" wrote: > > > Jason I can't see your 1st message What is the question peterm "...

User input
I've used this forum before, and found it very useful. I need to set up a worksheet, (worksheet1), to allow a user to input surname,initials,id,location,date for office files that move around the office. The result will be stored in worksheet2 in 1 row and 5 columns called Surname - Inits - ID - Location - Date Each entry will be recorded in the next empty row in worksheet2. I think I have found a way to identify the next empty row using the Indirect function. But, how can I set up worksheet1 to allow the user to input the data he has which is then automatically recorded into wo...

subforms: using input from one subform to update the other subform
Hello. I'm hoping that someone can help me. I have 2 subforms on separate tabs. Based on a user's input on subform 1, I would like a combo box on subform 2 to be enabled or disabled. Does anyone have a solution? Please let me know. Thanks in advance. Controls on subforms are always referred to via the parent form. See http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm at "The Access Web" for details. Note that depending on how the forms were added as subforms, the name of the subform control may be different than the name of the form being used as a sub...

maximum email address in To, BCC field
Dear All, Would you please tell me the maximum email addesses in To or BCC field in Outlook 2000. Thank you for your help. Kenny This will be determined by your ISP, not Outlook. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b701c3d67c$ffbbeaa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > Would you please tell me the maximum email addesses > in To or BCC field in Outlook 2000. > > Thank you for your help. > > ...

collect data from email in 2007
TIA: Is there a way to collect relational data in the create email feature of 2007? For example family name and many childern. It seems that Access can only collect data in a single table? Thanks for any insight. Joel Correct it only updates one table so nothing fancy... Think temp tables and go from there with your own updates.. -- Maurice Ausum "Joel" wrote: > TIA: > Is there a way to collect relational data in the create email feature of > 2007? For example family name and many childern. It seems that Access can > only collect data i...

form: data input locking up
Hello all... I have a form which was working fine until a few hours ago. The form has several sub forms. However, those are working fine. I am unable to edit/add/delete records on the main form. This is a front end database, with the main data storage on a network. I moved the data starage DB onto my local drive, reset the links and experienced the same problem. The form is not based on a query and writes directly into a data table. The form is normally called up (filtered) through code. however, I experience the same problem when I open it up directly (without filtering the re...

Exchange 2007 email router 02-26-07
I heard that CRM doesn't have an email router for Exch 2007 yet. I can't believe there isn't one out yet since 2007 is out now. I would highly suggest it. Thanks, Greg Barth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busines...