how do i increase the number of digits displayed

I am a person dealing with large numericals with digits more than 20 in
number(for eg. visa no:s and phone card no:s)..when I type in a no: such as
12345678912345678912 and enter the no: it is displayed as 1.23457E-27 how do
i enter such large no:s and have them displayed as such i.e without the
aforementioned formatting

0
ameen (1)

Excel goes to 15 max so format as text or 'at the start of the number

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"ameen" <ameen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am a person dealing with large numericals with digits more than 20 in
> number(for eg. visa no:s and phone card no:s)..when I type in a no: such
as
> 12345678912345678912 and enter the no: it is displayed as 1.23457E-27 how
do
> i enter such large no:s and have them displayed as such i.e without the
> aforementioned formatting

0
Don
5/13/2005 6:23:53 PM
thanks a lot for the  reply pal .. in fact thanx a million...

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> Excel goes to 15 max so format as text or 'at the start of the number
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "ameen" <ameen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am a person dealing with large numericals with digits more than 20 in
> > number(for eg. visa no:s and phone card no:s)..when I type in a no: such
> as
> > 12345678912345678912 and enter the no: it is displayed as 1.23457E-27 how
> do
> > i enter such large no:s and have them displayed as such i.e without the
> > aforementioned formatting

0
amn (1)
5/13/2005 6:40:04 PM
send the million

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"amn" <amn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks a lot for the  reply pal .. in fact thanx a million...
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
> > Excel goes to 15 max so format as text or 'at the start of the number
> >
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > donaldb@281.com
> > "ameen" <ameen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am a person dealing with large numericals with digits more than 20
in
> > > number(for eg. visa no:s and phone card no:s)..when I type in a no:
such
> > as
> > > 12345678912345678912 and enter the no: it is displayed as 1.23457E-27
how
> > do
> > > i enter such large no:s and have them displayed as such i.e without
the
> > > aforementioned formatting

0
Don

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

Creating ID with numbers and text
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to Access but I need some help. I need to create an ID number using first 3 letters of a name followed by 3 numbers that create a unique ID. Is there a way of doing this in the expression builder? Many thanks, I don't think so. You would have to use some VBA. In a case like this, it would be better to use two fields; one for the letters and another for the numbers. You can create an index on the two fields. To get the next available number where the 3 letters are the same, you can do something like this: Private Function NextIdNumber() As Long N...

changing page numbers
I cannot find out how to change my page numbers in a Publisher document in 2002 version. It doesn't come up with Options. Anyone know? Go to menu Insert then Section -- ...

Automatic update of invoice numbers
I've created an invoice and would like the invoice number to update automatically each tie I open it just like I've done with the date. Any ideas? D Diamond, A simple way would be to use something like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 End Sub For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please p...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

Numbering Tickets
How do I number tickets in sequence using excel. Chuck That would all depend upon how your ticket data is laid out and you give very little detail. I do up a lot of numbered tickets for a couple of associations I belong to. I set up my data in Excel with a column for numbers then I use Word Mailmerge to print the tickets. Printing labels or tickets from Excel is trial and error. Word does a fine job because it is designed for that type of operation. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:25:01 -0800, "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I ...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

Unable to display the folder. The Calendar folder could not be found
Hello. One of our users cannot open shared calendars in Outlook 2003. She gets the following error: "Unable to display the folder. The Calendar folder could not be found." It appears that this is a common problem, but none of the suggestions I have read about worked. During the course of troubleshooting, I set up her account on two different computers, both of which had the same problem. This leads me to believe there is something wrong either her account or mailbox. I checked mailbox permissions, and they appear to be correct (I compared them to other users' permissions). ...

What defines number or text
Hi folks, I have the following �50...it is defined as a number without me doing anything. I have $50 ...it is defined as text without me doing anything. I have 10% sometimes (depending on the pc) it is a number and sometimes text, similarly 10,000. Now I assume that the �50 is recognised as a number because of my windows settings...but the rest? Trying to get the $50 recognised as currency is possible....if I delete the original $50, format the cell as currency, and then re-enter the 50. I would love to know what deifnes the figure as text or number, and how I can move between the two wi...

more than 15 numbers in a cell?
I am working with account numbers that have more than 15 digits. I am working with office 2003 and after the 15 numbers it automatically makes the numbers I enter a zero. I can't format the column to text for another reason, does anyone know how I can format that cell to show all 20 numbers that I enter in one cell? Thanks!! The only way you can retain all 20 digits is to treat the number as text. If you can't format the cell to Text beforehand, then you can enter the number with a preceding apostrophe, like so: '01234567890123456789 The apostrophe will not sh...

Number Counting
This is probably something simple, but I can't figure it out. I have columns with two digit numbers (00 thru 99). I want to write a formula that looks at this column and if any number is repeated, total the number of times it's repeated. Thanks so much for the help!! =countif(data-range,comparison-value) "DNA" wrote: > This is probably something simple, but I can't figure it out. > > I have columns with two digit numbers (00 thru 99). I want to write a > formula that looks at this column and if any number is repeated, total the > number of times it&#...

Date Increase
I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a field to enter the date the password was last changed, and another field for the date the password expires, which is every 30 days. Is there anyway i can set the date password expires field to update automatically? The 2nd field is just calculated from the 1st and better left as a calculation in a query rather than a field in a table. There are no triggers at the table level in Access. Dan Wood wrote: >I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a >field to enter...

Transform a Cell from Formula to Number
Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula outputs? Copy it to the clipboard, then do Edit>PasteSpceial, click Values -- HTH Bob Phillips "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76DA206E-CFC3-4E63-9789-69735538E1A7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula outputs? Copy the cell. Edit/Paste Special/Values. In article <76DA206E-CFC3-4E63-9789-69735538E1A7@microsoft.com>, "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to...

can I increase excel column numbers to more than 256?
I am trying to analyse tables including more than 256 variables. I cannot transpose them into rows because the program i am using in association with excel (xlstat) takes the columns as the variables. Is there a way to increase the number of the columns?? or is it a fixed specification of the excel worksheet? thank for any help! Yes, it is fixed - you cannot increase the number of columns. You can, of course, split your data up into chunks of 250 columns - the first block of data on row 1, for example, then the next set starting on another row etc. Pete ...

Truncating whole numbers to be 4 digits
I have a key that the user enters and then I want to manipulate. The user enters a 4 digit number (X), and I run my equation on it (let's say, X*2) and return back a 4 digit number. What the number is doesn't really matter, as long as it is consistant each time the user enters the same number, and as long as it is exactly 4 digits long. So basically, I need a way to truncate integers. how do i say take 4 digits from (X*2) ? Thanks It would depend upon which 4 digits you wanted. You can get the left 4: Left(x*2,4) or the right 4: Right(x*2,4) If you need them to be a number in...

Increasing alphabectically
Windows XP and Excel 2003 The first time through the program should read: With Active Sheet .First = Sheets("Rates").Range("B2") .Second = Sheets("Rates").Range("B3:B186") End With The next time through the Ranges should read "C2" and "C3:C186" Then next time "D2" and "D3:D186" and so on until it reaches "X2"and "X3:X186" Can someone suggest a good way to do this. Please. You could use index values rather than th...

Increasing Months
Hi Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer. On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see Fev-07 I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would increase by 1 What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar 2007. The formula should be issued from [Text301] Then [Text303] related to [Text302], [Text304] related to [Text303], ....... So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc... I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08 or Mar-08 or Mar-2...

Extracting numbers of a string
Hi. I have many strings like 10+33+98+3+10 and 3+45+33+21+1, each one in a diferent field of a sheet. I want pass the values to individual fields, like A1 (10); B1 (33); C1 (98); D1 (3); E1 (10); I try with MID, LEFT and RIGHT combinate, but the length of the string is different in each string. I need something that remove the "+" between the numbers. Thanks, Apaxe2000 Use Text to Columns and the "+" as the delimiter. Using your sample data in A1 and A2. Select A1 & A2. Go to Data, Text to Columns. Select "Delimited" as your option and click nex...

auto numbering #7
hello. i want to start a quotation template. i need to have a system whereby a cell generates a quote number everytime i open the template and obviously it needs to be incremental.if the template ends up being cancelled and not saved then the number is not used untill next time i open the template and save it. how do i go about this. i have looked up all my help files but can't find anything. thank you Try this, Joe: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=56 ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Joe Black" <JoeBlack@discussions.microsoft...

E2007 formulas display as formulas, not results
Entering a simple formula such as =AB1 into a cell results in =AB1 displayed. Formulas don't work either. Why would that be? Calculation is set to automatic, and formulas are set to display results. The supplied source data section of the sheet is the section of the sheet which will not display the results. However, another section of the same worksheet behaves fine by displaying formula results in their cells. Something about the properties of the source data? It all looks like text. Calculations, are not displayed properly in that area of the sheet. TIA for ideas. Pie...

How do I convert a formula calculated number to a current value ?
Trying to use the formula calculated number as a current value- OK. Now what is the problem? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Chandler" <Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E5FDB97-F296-4960-8F60-0C966B8F37DF@microsoft.com... > Trying to use the formula calculated number as a current value- Another guess, drawing by the subject line .. To say, freeze the values / kill the formulas in a col, select the col, then do an "in-place": Copy > Paste special > Check "Values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemech...

change cell shading when a number differs from the previous number
I am generally familiar with Excel, but need some help on this particular problem. Is there a way to apply a format where: whenever the number in a column differs from the one previous to it, a cell shading color change is applied. For example, you have a column of numbers in Excel: 2 2 2 5 (cell shading color change applied) 5 5 5 2 (cell shading color change applied) 2 2 3 (cell shading color change applied) etc.... It doesn't matter what color is used, just so that it is applied whenever there is a change from the previous number. There has got to be an easy answer to this.... ...

Using CSocket with CSocketFile Increases memory usage
Hello All, I am using CSocket derived class with CSocketFile. After I run the application for 6 hours the memory increases in Task Manager by 30000K. The messages sent per second is 30.Has anybody seen such a issue. Regards Partha No, but there are so many problems with CSocket and CSocketFile that it is probably a Really Bad Idea to have used them at all, for any purpose. It sounds like you are not successfully closing some resource. But you would be a lot better off getting rid of them entirely. CSocket is known to be buggy, for example. joe On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:30:47 -0700 (PDT),...