How do I import a file in DTF format into Excel 2007?

In Excel 2000, we were able to import *.DTF files that were created from a
program on an IBM i Series Computer. Since upgrading to office 2007, we can't
find how to import these files

I don't know what a .DTF file is...

If you don't get a good response, you may want to describe what it contains --
is it plain text (verified by opening it in NotePad)?

And how you opened it in earlier versions of excel and share that version of
excel.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import

Bug in Money 2004 thru 2007
If you buy 2 lots of a mutual fund and then sell or transfer some of the shares (quantity greater than the original number of shares purchased in the first lot), the cost basis is incorrect. I demonstrated this to Microsoft and they agreed the results are wrong but they say "that is the way the program is designed", it is not a bug. To prove the bug for yourself, perform the following transactions. In investment account #1 6/1/2004 buy 422.9 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 19.00 and no commissions 2/1/2005 buy 795 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 22.00 and no ...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Back up file function no longer works
Although we have previously had no problem with running a backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an error message saying that "The operation cannot be performed." The filename is the same it always was. Any ideas? ...

Excel 2007 Vista
When I try to opne Excel 2007 in Vista, the application appears with the lower status bar on top and greyed out, and complete blue in the middle - no spread sheet. I have to close using ALT-F4, try re-opening and it comes up that way again - then sometimes it opens up normally. Any ideas? -- Regards, Sean Liming Yes, same problem here. I thought I had tracked it down to Kaspersky Internet Security v6. Turning that off and immediately re-opening the file has worked for the last week but then it happened again last night and turning off Kaspersky had no effect. After retrying about ...

import pdf table

log files in folder MDBDATA
is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? fanman36 wrote: > is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? This files will be deleted automatically after performing a full backup with NTBackup. They are used for recovery. -- Dana http://www.woodcontour.com Solid wood and stone PC Peripherals On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:15:01 -0700, "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? No, you should not manually delete those files. Use an Exchange awar...

importing email

File Size
Please note that this is not your typical file size question. I have a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file that varies in size from 15-100Mb depending on how much data I populate it with. Every day, in order to email this file out, I alter it by doing the following: Select all tabs (11 in all). Select all cells Copy/Paste Values Delete 5 of the tabs Save as a new Excel Workbook (not macro enabled) The new file size is now roughly 600Kb. However, all of a sudden, the changed file is about 2Mb. I made sure to delete all the excess rows/columns. I deleted the one macro that I h...