how do i hide negative values in excel

I can hide zeroes but I also need to hide negative values as well.  How can I
get negatives values to hide?
0
ccarolla (2)

Select the range (or column)
A) Use Format|Conditional Formatting
Specify "Cell value", "Is less than" "0" and make the font white (or colour
of cell background) that it disappears
or B) use Format | Custom Format  using something like $#,##0.00;""
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"ccarolla" <ccarolla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can hide zeroes but I also need to hide negative values as well.  How can
> get negatives values to hide?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
12/13/2005 11:43:49 PM
I don't know if this is the answer your looking for. You could do some
conditional formatting where if the value is negative you change the
format of the text to white so you can't see the numbers. Format --
Conditional Formatting
Cell Value is less than 0

--
jayd77
jayd77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19048

that worked. thanks

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Select the range (or column)
> A) Use Format|Conditional Formatting
> Specify "Cell value", "Is less than" "0" and make the font white (or colour
> of cell background) that it disappears
> or B) use Format | Custom Format  using something like $#,##0.00;""
> best wishes
>
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "ccarolla" <ccarolla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can hide zeroes but I also need to hide negative values as well.  How can
> > get negatives values to hide?

0
ccarolla (2)

Sharepoint services, Infopath and Excel formulas
I created a form in Infopath and pulled the information into a list in Sharepoint. when i import becasue of the design of the form I am getting multiple reponses which are being stored in one cell. I need to count the number of responses. e.g. Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Not applicable Yes Not applicable Row 1 Yes No Not applicable No Not applicable Not applicable Not applicable...

Excel table set up help needed
How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? A table or chart? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77D9A594-A465-4859-BE98-C6151351456F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Doesn't anybody else have this problem with Excel 2007???
Excel 2007 kicks into Autosave on my PC, and basically, the CPU goes to 100%, and Excel is unusable until autosave is done. This actually is taking 5+ MINUTES!!! Its a real hassle, drives me up the wall! Cuts significantly into my ability to get work done, when i have to suddenly stop what i am doing for 5 minutes, maybe in the middle of a single cell entry. I have a modern laptop, not overly slow for anything else, 1GB memory, Windows XP (not Vista). I have 3 Excel files open, 1 is about 1MB, the other 2 a few hundred K each. What could possibly be going on here? Has anybody els...

Charts in Multiple Sheet in Excel
I am new to the VBA programming & I am trying to develop a VBA script which will create charts (as a separate worksheet) for each worksheet in a workbook. Sub drill() For i = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets("Sheet(i)").Select Range("A8:I12").Select Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet(i)").Range( _ "A8:I12"), PlotBy:=xlRows ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="Oxygen Chart" With ActiveChart .HasTitle = True .ChartTi...

Excel slow on saving
Ever since downloading (28/09) Office 2003 Service Pack2 the larger Excel files have taken a while (some 10 seconds) before starting to save to disk. I have put this down to something in SP2 - although it may be coincidentally something more sinister. Has anyone else experienced this? Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions Spare a thought for moi, my excel 97 currently is using 40sec to over a minute to save. I have been offered links to investigate but no luck as yet. spam@uce.gov "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:dipa0t$vsn$1@ne...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

excel error
run excel, error : "This program has performed an ilegal operation, and will be shutdown. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor" what happen ? please help me? regards Sus ...

hide my name

Combine cells and keep the values
Hello all. I comment you a strange thing that makes my Excel (Office 2003 SP2). (Perhaps is a piece of nonsense and I have reinvent the wheel) In the range ‘A1:A10’ of an empty worksheet I write several values (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). In the cell ‘A11’ I put `=Average(A1:A10)'. (Result = 5.5) I select the range ’B1:B10’ and with `Format - Alignment', I combine the cells. I copy the combined range ‘B1:B10’ and in A1 I made a Special Paste - Format (if I combine A1:A10 directly does not work) The range ’A1:A10’ is combined and shows the value that was in A1 (1) but it conserves...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Excel startup bug: VBA Run-time error 76??
Help, please. Yesterday, Excel started giving me error messages whenever I start it up. I uninstalled Office 2000, reinstalled it, and I still get the same error. Here is what happens. MS Visual Basic displays a dialog box that says: Run-time error '76': Path not found When I hit the debug button, it highlights (in yellow) the following line of code: lengthOfFile = Filelen(registryValue) What should I do to fix this annoying problem? Steve Delete the ZZZ. It keeps spam off the server. Start it with a switch "C:\program files\microsoft office\office\excel.exe" /...

Expanding Excel
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong Excel section. I own a small chemical company that analyses various products for chemical impurities. I have a spectrophotometer connected to my PC that analyses the product and then exports the data into Excel and producs a graph. This is done via a plug-in for Excel produced by the spectro manufacturer. What I would like to do, if it is possible, is to have manually entered into Excel (or an Access Db) by myself, a library of information on all the impurities I come across during my daily business. I would then like to be able to overlay gr...

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Money 2005: Shouldn't the 'Market Value' = 'Last Price' x 'Quanti
For Microsofts Money 2005 delux, shouldn't the 'Market Value' equal the 'Last Price' times the 'Quantity' in the 'Valuation' view of the 'Portfolio Manager', . For example, one line reads: "SYMBOL: ABC , CHART: [^], NAME: ABC Technology Inc., LAST PRICE: 32.65, QUANTITY: 20.000, COST BASIS: 432.00, MARKET VALUE: 15,724.18, INCOME: , PRICE APPRECIATION: 221.00" As you can see, all of the calculations, except the "MARKET VALUE" are correct. Even the PRICE APPRECIATION which depends on the value of the "MARKET VALUE&...

..scan a table in excel
Hi every one, I wonder if there is a way i can scan a document with tables into excel or it is not possible. I was trying to, but when it offered options to save the just scaned paper, it listed different formats (extentions) but there was not excel extantion listed. I did on txt, but is there way in excel. Basicly i would like to scan a table in excel so that i can change entries whenever i like. Any thougths? Thank's Margots Text may end up being your best bet. What other common extensions were offered? Anything ending in .DB or .DBF? "Margots" <makapacs@hotmail.com> wr...

Macro to copy Excel values between worksheets
hi, I have use the Excel Tip Copy a column or columns from each sheet into one sheet using VBA in Microsoft Excel. I try to use the copy values A5:A20 and IQ5:IT20 from sheet 1 to Sheet 2. However, when i run the macro, it only copy the value in A5:A20 to Sheet2. There are formulas (SUM) used in IQ5:IT20. How can I modify the macro to copy the two ranges of value into another sheet? Will the format of the cells influence the results? Please help me asap. Thankyou very much! +----------------------------------------------------------------+ | Attachment file...

Excel or Access?
I have server data that is about 200-300 rows/records and includes abou 25 columns/fields. Coworkers have suggested that this data shoul reside in a database, such as Access, and then import/link to it fro Excel for reporting purposes. Does anyone have a recommendation/comment/suggestion on this? I a comfortable using Excel as my "database" for this data that will no grow much larger than it already is, and is easier for me to perfor the reporting in Excel simply on another sheet. Thanks! Ric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Why fix what's not broken? ...

Negative Quantity on Order
We have several items that show a negative Qty on Order. However, there are no returns or pending purchase orders related to these items. I need some advice on how to clear these amounts out through the SQL tables. Which table do I need to use to clear out this data? I have tried running check links and reconciling the purchase orders. Neither of these procedures corrected this problem. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! My client was facing a similar issue, but that was due to a bad custom code, which was creating this issue. Basically "Quantity On Order&qu...

change format for time value
in column a i have duration time listed for minutes and seconds as m'ss". In column b i would like to show the same information as a but i would like to format the value as the total seconds. Ex if a1 = 1'30" then b1=90. What is the best way to do this? One way: B1: =A1 Format B1 as Format/Cells/Number/Custom [s] In article <6A3363E0-0215-439C-92A0-D714D0A63772@microsoft.com>, Qaspec <Qaspec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > in column a i have duration time listed for minutes and seconds as m'ss". In > column b i would like to s...

Excel 2000 #22
Is it possible to have a ruler line in order to be able to see which current line you are on in a spreadsheet? Rowena, You might be interested in my RowLiner add-in. See www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm for details and download. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Rowena" <Rowena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:167CCBFC-F233-43DF-AFE9-E505D718680E@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have a ruler line in order to be able to see which current > line you are on in a spreadsheet? T...

Graph line graphs where X & Y values meet
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me or tell me that this isn't possible. I have a chart that has 3 series in it. It is a reach and frequency distribution based on client spending. It draws the Line Graphs perfectly. I was wondering though that if a user could input their desired spend, Excel could then draw another line graph (like a 90 degree angle) to show where they would fall on the graph. Is this even possible? Are there better add-ons or programs for Excel that can do what I want? I mean, I can manually draw the meeting point lines but I would rather have something au...

Property Default Value
Hello, I have a class with two properties: public String DefaultCulture { get; set; } public String Cultures { get; set; } What is the correct way to define a default value for each one if they are not defined? Thanks, Miguel In the class constructor, you can set the values to whatever you need. But, since you won't have a property backing field using this syntax, you'll have to set the default value directly on the property. -Scott "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c3cfb0a0-8478-40e4-83ad-8998abf4f812@36g2000yqu.googleg...