How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

I have a bar chart that is showing gaps and i don't want them. The select
data > hidden and empty cell button does not give an option to hide gaps. I
think by default they are hidden but if you even click on this to see what it
does the gaps are shown and no way to turn off.

Hi,

If you hide the actual rows then with the Plot visible cells only
setting on the gaps will be removed.

In xl2007 the setting is on the Select Data dialog, Hidden/empty cells
button.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Waynesch" wrote:

> I have a bar chart that is showing gaps and i don't want them. The select
> data > hidden and empty cell button does not give an option to hide gaps. I
> think by default they are hidden but if you even click on this to see what it
> does the gaps are shown and no way to turn off.

Hiding formuals in cells question

Charts in Multiple Sheet in Excel
I am new to the VBA programming & I am trying to develop a VBA script which will create charts (as a separate worksheet) for each worksheet in a workbook. Sub drill() For i = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets("Sheet(i)").Select Range("A8:I12").Select Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet(i)").Range( _ "A8:I12"), PlotBy:=xlRows ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="Oxygen Chart" With ActiveChart .HasTitle = True .ChartTi...

Doesn't anybody else have this problem with Excel 2007???
Excel 2007 kicks into Autosave on my PC, and basically, the CPU goes to 100%, and Excel is unusable until autosave is done. This actually is taking 5+ MINUTES!!! Its a real hassle, drives me up the wall! Cuts significantly into my ability to get work done, when i have to suddenly stop what i am doing for 5 minutes, maybe in the middle of a single cell entry. I have a modern laptop, not overly slow for anything else, 1GB memory, Windows XP (not Vista). I have 3 Excel files open, 1 is about 1MB, the other 2 a few hundred K each. What could possibly be going on here? Has anybody els...

Excel slow on saving
Ever since downloading (28/09) Office 2003 Service Pack2 the larger Excel files have taken a while (some 10 seconds) before starting to save to disk. I have put this down to something in SP2 - although it may be coincidentally something more sinister. Has anyone else experienced this? Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions Spare a thought for moi, my excel 97 currently is using 40sec to over a minute to save. I have been offered links to investigate but no luck as yet. spam@uce.gov "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:dipa0t$vsn$1@ne...

Sharepoint services, Infopath and Excel formulas
I created a form in Infopath and pulled the information into a list in Sharepoint. when i import becasue of the design of the form I am getting multiple reponses which are being stored in one cell. I need to count the number of responses. e.g. Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Not applicable Yes Not applicable Row 1 Yes No Not applicable No Not applicable Not applicable Not applicable...

Excel table set up help needed
How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? A table or chart? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77D9A594-A465-4859-BE98-C6151351456F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? ...

Linking Charts
Can I place a link to a different chart inside a chart? No, not natively in XL. But depending on what you mean by 'link' there may be a way to simulate the effect. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6116EE09-2C41-4430-9B48-FCCD218D2AEF@microsoft.com>, purplereign@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can I place a link to a different chart inside a chart? > ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

hide my name

excel error
run excel, error : "This program has performed an ilegal operation, and will be shutdown. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor" what happen ? please help me? regards Sus ...

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

Excel or Access?
I have server data that is about 200-300 rows/records and includes abou 25 columns/fields. Coworkers have suggested that this data shoul reside in a database, such as Access, and then import/link to it fro Excel for reporting purposes. Does anyone have a recommendation/comment/suggestion on this? I a comfortable using Excel as my "database" for this data that will no grow much larger than it already is, and is easier for me to perfor the reporting in Excel simply on another sheet. Thanks! Ric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Why fix what's not broken? ...

Expanding Excel
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong Excel section. I own a small chemical company that analyses various products for chemical impurities. I have a spectrophotometer connected to my PC that analyses the product and then exports the data into Excel and producs a graph. This is done via a plug-in for Excel produced by the spectro manufacturer. What I would like to do, if it is possible, is to have manually entered into Excel (or an Access Db) by myself, a library of information on all the impurities I come across during my daily business. I would then like to be able to overlay gr...

Excel startup bug: VBA Run-time error 76??
Help, please. Yesterday, Excel started giving me error messages whenever I start it up. I uninstalled Office 2000, reinstalled it, and I still get the same error. Here is what happens. MS Visual Basic displays a dialog box that says: Run-time error '76': Path not found When I hit the debug button, it highlights (in yellow) the following line of code: lengthOfFile = Filelen(registryValue) What should I do to fix this annoying problem? Steve Delete the ZZZ. It keeps spam off the server. Start it with a switch "C:\program files\microsoft office\office\excel.exe" /...

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Excel Picture Sizing
Afternoon All, Can someone please tell me how to insert a picture and have it fill the size of the cell I'm inserting into? Currently when I insert a picture it pretty much fills the screen. Apologies if this is a stupid question :) -- Cheeky Monkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cheeky Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24243 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378511 Hi Try this code originally from Tom Ogilvy. Replace cell B9 with the cell you want to us...

Charts based on 'virtual' names
Hi all, Just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2007 (big jump!) and trying to fix the things that broke! I routinely make so-called "dynamic" charts in the traditional manner using ranges defined by formula which resolve to ranges of cells e.g. define 'Bias & Precision'!Samples as =OFFSET('Bias & Precision'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('Bias & Precision'!$A:$A)-1) I've had a couple of snags with these but it seems to still work as long as I watch the scope of the names. What seems to be very "broken" is the use of names which do not resolve...

Making a compiled list in Excel
Hi all, I'm trying to create an Excel spreadsheet that can create a compile list from an existing list. By this I mean there is a list of item which represents the complete list and each entry has a checkbox nex to it to indicate whether it has been selected or not, and then on th same worksheet there is another list which only contains the items tha have been selected from the first, full list. Check out these screensheets to get a better idea of what I mean: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel1/JPG http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel2.JPG I think this should b...

Hiding a worksheet #3

lines on bar charts
If I graph a simple straight trend line on a chart, how do I get it to run behind the bars on my chart - rather than showing across the bars? David, To do so, you will need to create an overlay chart. An overlay chart is simply one chart laid over another. First create the Excel generated line and bar chart. The, make a copy of the chart. Delete or make tranparent everything in the second chart with the exception of the columns. Finally, overlay the second chart over the first. What I'm describing above sounds like a lot of work. However, Jon Peltier has an example with VBA ...

HTML signature in Outlook 2007?
Hello, Is there a way to insert an HTML signature in Outlook 2007? Because if you go to Tools -> Options -> Mail Format -> Signatures, you can create some in the embedded editor, but there is no way to do some *REAL* HTML editing (ie: a table, image, etc). Thanks a lot! Carlos If you are thinking about an (animated image or similar)then you cannot = in Office 2007. This is still possible in Office 2003 and before but = this was removed from Office 2007 --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be ackno...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

chart on the form
Is it possible to have chart controls on the form? I would like to have Excel chart like bare, pie, line chart on the form base on the data in the table. Is it possible to do this? If yes, any controls or activeX controls available for Access? Your information is great appreciated, Use Pivot Chart view and select pivot chart on form properties. Damon "Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40472F3E-CA90-4D7A-9FBB-75F89078CBD5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have chart controls on the form? > > I would like to have Excel chart like...