How do I have two words under each other, in the same cell?

I've tried pressing shift+enter but I can't get it!
0
Emma53 (1)

Use Alt+Enter

tj

"Emma53" wrote:

> I've tried pressing shift+enter but I can't get it!
0
tjtjjtjt (488)

synchiing two computers?

VBA Cell Addressing
I've got what must be a simple addressing problem but it's driving me crazy. I can create a simple macro that just looks like: Sub TestMacro ActiveCell(1,2) = "Done" End Sub And it does exactly what I'd expect. It plugs a value into the cell to the right of the cursor. Now if I try to do the similar thing with a Function instead of a Macro it just refuses to co-operate. For example: Function TestFunct(CellRef) ActiveCell(1,2) = "Done" End Function This will croak with a #VALUE! error. Likewise: Function TestFunct(CellRef...

Changing file permissions when saving Word or Excel documents
Hi, I work in an office environment which consists primarily of PCs using Office (Word, Excel, etc.). I have found that when I save an existing Word or Excel file (Office 2004 with all the updates) which is on a network drive with multiple user and group permissions, the write permission reverts to just me, instead of the multiple users and groups, i.e., it becomes read-only for everyone else. It doesn't matter if the file is open with "(shared)" access on Windows first, if I save it, it becomes read-only to everyone else. Currently, I have to remember to immediately drop int...

How do I annotate the cell results from Excel to a Hyperlink?
I have a cell that has a part number in it that I have generated and I want to go to the web to find pricing on it. I have a link to a web page for pricing and all I need to do it to annotate this part number from the cell to the end of the hyperlink that I have. How do I do this? Thanks Let's say you want to add "abc" to the end of the following text "http://www.abccorp.com/" and "abc" is in cell A1 =HYPERLINK("http://www.abccorp.com/"&A1) "kgagne" wrote: > I have a cell that has a part number in it that I have generated...

Attaching a word file to a ppt. presentation
Is there a way to attach a word file to Power Point when in presentation mode via a company share point site? ...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

How from Word a list separated by commas convert to Excel?
In Word 2002, I have a list of email adds separated by commas followed by forenames & surnames, how may I convert this list in tabulated form to Excel... A column for the email add, a column for the forename and a column for the surname... e.g ferreira @benco.co.uk,, Ferreira, Marnie italia@web.co.uk,, inglese, ANDREA info@inter.co.uk,, Mulondo, Mashudu neu@mond.co.uk,, Urbina, Ivonne brenna@web.co.uk,, Williams, Brennan -- Many Thanks Gunjani Aural sex gives me an earie feeling Copy into Excel then Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by comma. Gord Dibben Excel M...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Copy Word Text into Excell
Good Morning, I have an Excell workbook that other individuals access and they need to put a response at the bottom. However, when they attempt to copy their response from a word document, it either won't accept it as the cells aren't the same, or it continuously goes across the page. I tried merging cells, but that didn't work. How can I accomplish this? Thanks, Deb One thing that may simplify the data entered is to use the Edit->Paste Special menu, and select "Text". That won't warranty that the data will be in the right cells, but at least the format...

Cell Validation #2
I need to utilise some form of validation on the data that is entered in various cells in my Excel 2003 spreadsheet. 1. In date cells, the following validation should exist: a. The date should be in the format dd/mm/yyyy - I've set the cell format to Date, dd/mm/yyyy which I believe will achieve this b. The date should be greater than 01/10/2008 - I've used Data|Validation and set the validation criteria to: Date, Greater than, 01/10/2008 c. The date should not be greater than today's date - Not sure on how to achieve this. I've play...

Filling in empty cells in columns
Dear All I have a problem could somebody please help? I have 3 columns of data A,B,C. A nd B are full but not all the cells in C are filled out. How do I make the cells in C that are empty equal the value in B without having to do it manually and still keeping the existing values in C? Please help Much Appreciated Andrew PS Thank you to whoever helped me last time I didn�t get a chance to say that. -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this threa...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Can I open an imbedded word doc from a cmd button?
I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? Many thanks, Joe M. On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:24:10 -0800, Joe M. wrote: > I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd > button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? > > Many thanks, > Joe M. Why do you need to embed a document in your database? Store the document in a folder on your hard drive. Then open it from a command button whenever ...

Word 2007 tracking /
I have some ASK fields in my document, with REFs in the section headers. I update the document with Tracking enabled, but I don't want the header fields shown with revision bars. So once the updates are complete, I switch tracking off and accept the header changes. This looks ok until I print the document, then any fields that I updated this revision get displayed as revised (coloured text / change bars). Under Word Options I have unchecked the "Update fields before printing". Any thoughts? -- Irene You may need to select the REF fields in the header and us...

Cannot copy selected cells
Hi, HELP! If I open a new workbook , copy or add text into multiple cells and then do a Shift to highlight the block of cells the flashing lines around the cells dissapear and I don't have enough time to do a Ctrl C to copy them! It doesn't matter if it is new text, copied text from email or another workbook. If I send that workbook to a colleague he can do it no bother? Any ideas??? Stevie - The flashing lines show up after you do the Ctrl C to copy. What do you mean you don't have time to Ctrl C? -- Daryl S "Stevie" wrote: > Hi, >...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

How to make font color oppose to cell interior color
Hi, When I changed the cell color to, say, red, I usually have to change it's font color to, say, white to make it readable, otherwise a black font on red background is very hard to see. But, for too many cells with too many different cell colors, it can be very tedious to set font colors for each of them. So, I am thinking whether it exists an automatic solution that can set font color smartly according to its cell color? For example, if the cell color is 0x00ff00, it's font color can be its reverse color, 0xff00ff. Is that possible to implement? Thanks. -- Life i...

Value in one cell visible of another cell has anything in it
I used to know how to do this, and can't remember. I think it is a COUNTIF function in the first cell, together with conditional formatting in the 2nd cell, but I can't remember how to set it up. cell A1: any text at all entered will cause cell A2: part number to be visible. cell A1: empty > value in cell A2 remains hidden. I am postng this in the Formula section where it belongs - sorry about that "Jules" wrote: > I used to know how to do this, and can't remember. I think it is a COUNTIF > function in the first cell, together with conditional formatti...

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...

Changing preset defaults in Mac Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How can I make my choice of fonts and line spacing the default in Mac Word 2008? Sonny <Sonny@officeformac.com> wrote: > How can I make my choice of fonts and line spacing the default in Mac > Word 2008? I would use the Styles. You can edit them and adjust them to suit your needs and make sure all modifications are saved to the Normal template. Use the formatting palette to modify the styles. Once in the Edit window, the pull down menu on the bottom right allows you to toggle what you need to modify (eg:...