How do I have an active cell highlight automatically

I am working in excel and having trouble seeing the active cell.  I would
like to have the active cell highlighted.  Is this possible?  It would make
it possible to find the active cell easier.
0
lstuckey (1)

    Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
    With Target
        .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
        With .FormatConditions(1)
            With .Borders(xlTop)
                .LineStyle = xlContinuous
                .Weight = xlThin
                .ColorIndex = 5
            End With
            With .Borders(xlBottom)
                .LineStyle = xlContinuous
                .Weight = xlThin
                .ColorIndex = 5
            End With
            End With
        .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 20
    End With

End Sub

HTH

RP

"lstuckey" <lstuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am working in excel and having trouble seeing the active cell.  I would
> like to have the active cell highlighted.  Is this possible?  It would
make
> it possible to find the active cell easier.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/14/2005 8:23:13 PM
Try this site
http://office.microsoft.com/en-
us/assistance/HA011366231033.aspx

0
anonymous (74717)

Conditional format from a reference cell?
I have created an item list for one column in my spreadsheet and would like to color the row based on the value in that column. I have more than three states to choose from and would like to color code them based on the state, so the traditional conditional formatting won't work for me. Is there a way to format cells using a reference cell as the template? Example: Using LOOKUP for the value of column A referencing columns X and Y Column X: 1_idle 2_walk 3_trot 4_run 5_gallop Column Y: 0% (colored green) 25% (colored yellow) 50% (colored orange) 75% (colored red) 100% (colored magenta...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Help me!! Copying text from File to another automatically
I need to figure out how to copy text information from a cell on on sheet to a nother cell on another sheet and/or file. I don't want t use cut and paste. I can easily get values to copy but I can't seem t figure out text -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you copy the cell it should copy text or numbers =sheet1!a1 range("a34")=sheets("sheet1").range("a1") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rhollemans >" <<rhollemans.17ya9z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rhollemans.17ya9z@excelforum-...

Money 2005
I just installed MS Money 2005 and am using a regional bank named Central Carolina Bank (CCB Online). The bank is in the list when creating a new account and it's a simple checking account. I've configured Money for online updates, providing my user id/password, etc. (I'm also using MSN Billpay) The automatic updates "seem" to work in that the bank balance is updated and the status shows that the call was successful. However, I don't see the transations in Money's account register. If I manually connect to the bank via a browser and download an OFX file, th...

#REF! after cell deletion
Hi there Imagine you have two sheets in an Excel workbook, and for instance 'Sheet 1' looks at the values in 'Sheet 2' courtesy of a column filled with formula something like this: =Sheet2!A1 =Sheet2!A2 =Sheet2!A3 etc. Is it possible to prevent Excel from replacing the formula at say: A2 in 'Sheet 1' with "#REF!", when the row containing A2 on 'Sheet 2' is deleted? -- Colin G Eastwood Hi try =INDIRECT("'sheet2'!A1") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Colin G Eastwood" <eastwoc@rudge0.demon.co.uk> schri...

Table Cells
In Word 2007, is there a quick way to determine what table cell you the insertion point is in? I have a vague recolleciton of a feature to do this in earlier versions of Word. Thanks, Ross See if either of the macros at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/SumAboveIncorrect.htm and http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm will work in Word 2007. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ross from Orlando" <rossp@rosspayne.net> wrote in message news:efe3a4eb-2f63-4060-b7ad-86471be0dcca@j24...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Pivot Table
Is there any way to suppress the display of blank cells within the data area of a pivot table? Debra Dalgleish has posted code to do this: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/3fbd903e92adc270/2cb8900b96680905?lnk=st&q=hiding+0+pivottable+group:*excel*+author:dalgleish&rnum=4&hl=en#2cb8900b96680905 or http://tinyurl.com/axk75 Kirk P. wrote: > > Is there any way to suppress the display of blank cells within the data area > of a pivot table? -- Dave Peterson ...

Cell Validation
I am working on a spreadsheet, one of the columns is to enter a product name. The products have to be specific as they are seleced from a VLookup table. I have used select from list on the validation, and specified the range to choose from, but everytime I click on the down arrow to select the product I am at the bottom of the list. Does anyone know how to set this so I could enter a letter ie. 'b' and go to the b's on the list of 't' to go to the t's on the list to save scrolling up and down. Any suggestions would be appreciated When you open the Data Val...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Typing "12345" and have it automaticly formated to "123.45"?
Does anyone know anything about formatting cells so they would behave like an accounting calculator. As in typing "12345" without pressing any decimal key, and have it use the last two digits as the tenth and hundredth decimal place, ie) "123.45"? If it isn't possible, it would be informative to know that as well. Thanks a million in advance! -- ZenTrickz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ZenTrickz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36061 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Cell D3 = Cell A1 for the Value as well as formats
If in Cell D3 we fill with "=A1" then Value of D3 always equal to that of A1. If A1 contains Bold or Italic Texts , how can D3 contains the same? Thanks, SUNAN. After filling D3 with "=A1", click on A1: Edit > Copy click on D3 and then: Edit > Paste Special and check format. -- Gary''s Student "Sunantoro" wrote: > If in Cell D3 we fill with "=A1" then Value of D3 always equal to that of A1. > If A1 contains Bold or Italic Texts , how can D3 contains the same? > Thanks, SUNAN. ...

How to find a cell with a particular date format?
Hi, For example, I have a cell that shows the date as 08/11/07. How can I use the Find command to locate it? TIA Tom Select that cell (just for testing). Look at the formulabar--not what's displayed in the cell. Use that when you try your Find. Tom wrote: > > Hi, > > For example, I have a cell that shows the date as 08/11/07. How can I use > the Find command to locate it? > > TIA > Tom -- Dave Peterson Ctrl-F, click on the Options>> button, then the Format... button. Leave search field empty to find all cells with ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Custom Cell Format #2
Good Morning: I would appreciate any help with the following problem: I am using XP OS and Excel 2002. I need to enter a series of numbers (which are really text since no calculation will be needed). For instance I might need to add the following: 4000-5002-4911-1567 I created a custom format cell of 0000"-"0000"-"0000"-"0000 When I enter 4000500249111567 it displays 4000-5002-4911-1560 . The custom format appears to be rounding all my last digits to zero. Thanks in advance, for any help. That is because you are coming up against Excel precision limits, 15 ...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

VBA using arrays in creating cell formula
I have the following Code that writes a following formula to a cell" Worksheets("Summary").Range("H18").Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT(""'""&AllSheets&""'!""&CELL(""address"",a1)),"">0""))" The above code includes the use of a named range called "AllSheets". I created this named range by listing all sheets in the workbook in a column, selecting them and naming the selection "AllSheets" I would like to have the code do this or be...

Unread emails automatically change to read after a few minutes
I have a weird problem that just started today with my email. All new emails (and even the emails I change back to Unread) automatically change to read after about 4 minutes. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion on the cause - The Reading Pane is turned OFF, Auto preview is turned off, I don't have options checked in the Reading Pane window of Tools>Option>Other>Outlook Panes, and I have NO rules whatsoever. I haven't changed anything or updated anything but it started sometime after shutting down the email client the day before and starting it this morning....

Selecting multiple cells
I am not allowed to select more than 5 cells while using the shift key. I was wondering if anyone could help. Hi Kevin sounds strange to me .. what happens when you try to select more than 5? does this happen in all workbooks or only one? what version of excel do you have? Cheers JulieD "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c26e01c47a29$d3e3b560$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am not allowed to select more than 5 cells while using > the shift key. I was wondering if anyone could help. Kevin With the lack of detail in your post, best guess wo...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...