How do I get the total of a range of cells that are in another she

I have two sheets in the workbook and I need to get the total of a range in
sheet1 into a table on sheet2.  How do I go about this?
0
Alice (36)

something like
=sum(sheet2!$a$1:$a$5)

note the !  after the sheet name

bobf

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504

Combining cells
Using Excel 2002: I will open a text file into excel. This file has no formatting, but the end result would be using two columns. The text file for example has: Music1 from site1 and site2 special 90876 Music100 extra from site1 87654 Music02 misc sites 10020 I want to put the numbers, 90876, 87654, 65409 in the same column "B" and have the other text combined into one column "A". When I use space delimited I can move the numbers in the same column. How do I combine the rest of the text which are word for word in columns A,B,C,D etc into one column "A"? End...

How to return a range of values in a drop-down.
Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one cell based on input from another cell. As an example: Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe" I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe. The results in A2 would be the following in a drop down: 4" 6" 8" If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe" it would return values (sizes) of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe. 10" 12" 15" The bottom line and...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Copy row2 cells down to last cell where the whole row isn't all blank
Hi Colo, I tried to run your code to copy formula in cell K2 (I place the cursor on cell K2) down to last cell in column K, it doesn't copy down the formula. Is there anything missing from the code ? Please help and thanks very much! Sub Cell2CopyToEnd() Dim col As Long col = ActiveCell.column Range(Cells(2, col), Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)).Formula = _ Cells(2, col).Formula End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I put a value in K99 (so the macro knew when to quit) and I put a formula in K2. With K2 selected, I ran the code and it worked fine. The co...

Static Range, Dynamic Chart Data
I have read some great tips on making my chart dynamic that involv changing the range. The chart I would like to create is a 12 month lin chart. I want the chart to always be 12 months in length, but the poin to simply not be plotted if the value of the cell "blank". In othe words, stop the line short of the end of the plot area. The 12 months of charted cells have a formula lik =IF(A1=0,"",SUM(A1:A6)). So you see a blank cell if A1 is 0. But th chart shows this as a zero value. If I delete the contents the char does what I would like. Is there a way to simply change the ...

A Crystal Beginner

Duplicate cells #4
I have an excel spreadsheet of approximately 1500 Names,addressses etc. there are many duplicate cells of which I want to delete the duplicates and I am looking for the best way to accomplish this. I am new to excel and using formulas but if there is a way to use color to point out the duplicates, that would be very helpfull, thanks You could try to use Advanced Filter to get rid of the duplicates. Ensure that you have headers in row 1 (Name, Address_1, Address_2 etc) and highlight all the data including the headers. Then click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter and in the pop up click Un...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

referencing a cell determined by name in another cell
How do I reference a cell within a formula based on the contents of another cell? For example if one cell contained a reference/address for a column array, how could I refer to this cell (and hence the column array) within the vlookup function instead of having to put in the actual table array. In other words an external way of changing the table array rather than going into the formula. VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) Hi use INDIRECT for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ricardo wants answers" <ricardo wants answers@discussion...

How do I get??

Need to change data entered into cell. HELP ASAP!!
I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77- 123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click and edit each individual cell manually? Please help, anyone have any suggestions? Lots of thanks in advance. Hi one way (if you only have numbers): use acustom format : "MH"0 another way: in the adjacent column in row one (lets say in B1) enter the formula ="MH" & A1 copy this formula down After this select column B and copy the contents (CTRL+C). goto 'Edit - Paste Special' a...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Count Cell Range
I am having problems figuring out a Count command within a certain range. This is what I am looking for If Cells D1:D20 are less than Cell B2, Count the total cells that are less than B2 I know this is probably easy, but i just font get it Thanks again -- discgolfer_1999 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ discgolfer_1999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27821 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473667 Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(D1:D20,"<"&B2) Biff "...

macro Copy and paste from one worksheet to another
Hello, I am using Excel 2003 within the workbook I have a worksheet call "Detail" I want to copy and paste selected data to another worksheet called "Exhibit A" or "Exhibit B" based on data from a cell. Name Type Exhibit row 1 John Doe Cash Exhibit A row 2 John Smith Credit Exhibit B row 3 Jane Doe Cash Exhibit A Data from row1 and row 3 will go to worksheet called "Exhibit A" starting from cell A4 and so on. Data from row 2 will go to worksheet called "Exhibi...