How do I get the formula to show the result on the worksheet?

The Calculation in Tools is set to automatic & the result of the formula is
shown during Function; however, the result of the formula will not show on
the worksheet, just the formula itself.
0
kanye (11)

Your cell format is set to Text. Change the format of the cell to
General. Reenter the formula.

In article <0C6E13D8-18FC-4E40-B9AB-86EAB16F2A3B@microsoft.com>,
 "kanye" <kanye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> The Calculation in Tools is set to automatic & the result of the formula is
> shown during Function; however, the result of the formula will not show on
> the worksheet, just the formula itself.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/5/2005 2:53:30 PM
If that doesn't work, go to Tools;Options and uncheck the Formulas box on the
View tab, Window options.

"kanye" wrote:

> The Calculation in Tools is set to automatic & the result of the formula is
> shown during Function; however, the result of the formula will not show on
> the worksheet, just the formula itself.
0
PegL (40)

year formula 04-13-10
I'm sure this is very simple, but for some reason it's not working for me. I have a log of training sessions provided to clients. I want to run a pivot table that totals the number of hours for the year. I track the date in the spreadsheet, so I wanted to add a column of "year" so that I can easily get totals per year. I want to reference the date column to populate the year for that date (I have hundreds of lines already so I don't want to do it manually) When i added the column & used the year function, it comes up with 1905 each time instead of...

IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog when opening PDF
I have written Java application that, when user click on the button, it opens new location in the same window in which it shows new HTML page and opens new popup window using window.open() JavaScript code. In the popup window Java outputs PDF using following headers: ContentType - application/pdf ContentLength - 1000 Content-Disposition - attachment; filename=My.pdf With above settings IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog for my PDF. Above code works fine with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. If I change "attachment" to "inline", then IE8 shows PDF in the popup wi...

Non US Dollar accounts do not show in Settings for Active Sync
I am currently using Microsoft Money 2006 for both my desktop and my pocket pc device. I am attempting to sync some of my accounts to my pocket pc device. However, it seems that the options for Active Sync is only shows acocunts that are using US Dollar as the currency. I would like to sync accounts that are using Singapore dollars. Any way I can do this? No. You can only synchronize accounts which are in your base currency, which appears to be US Dollars in your case. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for ...

Estimating memory usage per worksheet
Is it possible to get an estimate of the file size of a spreadsheet by individual worksheet? I cannot think of a worksheet property that would contain this, so I assume that one needs to count sheet elements and apply a per-object memory value (this only needs to be an estimate) to get the estimat. Any help would, as always, be much appreciated Thanks in advance Simon I'd try this. Start a new workbook -- with just a single sheet. Save this workbook. Note the size (using windows explorer). Then against a copy of the real workbook (just in case you mess up), c...

A Crystal Beginner

formula edit bar
all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does anyone know what I can do to restore?? Check it under view>formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Scot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ed01c3d938$2d291950$a401280a@phx.gbl... > all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does > anyone know what I can do to restore?? Thank you. Duh, how could I miss that! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Check it under view>formula bar > >-- > >Regards, > >Peo Sjoblom > > >"Scot" <anonymous...

Keeping data without losing Formula's
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it will work (not always the same data in the column). I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that has all the months but under the month that is signified. In other words I don't want formula's in the yearl...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

using the $ to lock formulas
We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct this? Thank you for any assistance you can give. Hi one way would be to use something like INDIRECT("A1") to always refer to cell A1. Note: copying this formula won't change the cell reference -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany frankmlr wrote: > We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns > are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct > this? > > > Thank you for any assistance you can give. One way: =I...

Convert a formula into text
I downloaded a text file from a client data software. Now when I opened the txt file in excel it converted one column into formulas when it should have been txt. For example in the txt file reads "-AD", now in excel reads "=- AD". It's giving me a display "#NAME?". What I really need is just to get rid of the "=" sign. I tried diferent ways. I used txt functions like text, trim, left, right, etc. I also tried copy and paste as value. Is there any other way to do this process smoother and faster? what do you suggest I need to do? This file as ...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

macro Copy and paste from one worksheet to another
Hello, I am using Excel 2003 within the workbook I have a worksheet call "Detail" I want to copy and paste selected data to another worksheet called "Exhibit A" or "Exhibit B" based on data from a cell. Name Type Exhibit row 1 John Doe Cash Exhibit A row 2 John Smith Credit Exhibit B row 3 Jane Doe Cash Exhibit A Data from row1 and row 3 will go to worksheet called "Exhibit A" starting from cell A4 and so on. Data from row 2 will go to worksheet called "Exhibi...