How do I get the Count numbers to automatically appear in Bold?

I'm doing a Count action in a spreadsheet. (Counting the number of
times a name appears in the data) I click on the first cell in the
column and then click on Data dropdown, Subtotal, count. As a result,
Excel adds a row in between different name groups, puts in "JOHN SMITH
Count" in bold in one cell, and then the number of instances the same
name appears in another cell. However, the number itself isn't in bold
and I'd like it to be. Is there some way to format this action to have
the number automatically appear in bold font, other than going to each
instance and bolding it manually?

Thanks for your help

Hi
try the following:
Assumption: column A hold the SUBTOTAL line and column B the values:
- select column B
- goto 'Format - Conditional Format'
- enter the following formula
=ISNUMBER(FIND("Subtotal",$A1))
- choose your format for these cells

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"pres9114me" <pres9114me@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm doing a Count action in a spreadsheet. (Counting the number of
> times a name appears in the data) I click on the first cell in the
> column and then click on Data dropdown, Subtotal, count. As a result,
> Excel adds a row in between different name groups, puts in "JOHN
SMITH
> Count" in bold in one cell, and then the number of instances the same
> name appears in another cell. However, the number itself isn't in
bold
> and I'd like it to be. Is there some way to format this action to
have
> the number automatically appear in bold font, other than going to
each
> instance and bolding it manually?
>
> Thanks for your help

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Number format issue Access 2007
Access 2007. I've created a database with a number input and I'm getting the following errors. I've formatted a field as Number Field Size: Single Format: Currency Decimal Places: 0 I'm getting the following results Input 2,065,000,000 but it's rounding it to 2,064,999,936 Input 2,682,000,000 but getting rounded to 2,681,999,872 Any ideas on the reason for this? Do I have that field formatted properly? You help is GREATLY appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ Single is a floating point type. Accuracy is only 7 or 8 significant digits. More info: ...

Q: How to automatically adapt column width with XML format?
Hi. I'm developing an application that outputs its results to an XML file (with Excel XP's DTD). The trouble is the column width, which is set at default. Is there an XML tag which allow to adapt width automatically? I thought about a VBA macro, but I noticed that VBA code isn't stored in XML Excel's files. Thanks in advance, Francesco. ...

SENDFILE.EXE
This sendfile.exe has been very helpful to our company. we use it for starting emails automatically from a dos application. however, we now have an application where we not only want the email started....but we want it to be sent automatically without us having to hit the send button. does anyone know of the parameter (if it exists) which will send the email automatically? Any and all feedback would be much appreciated. Derek ...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Automatic Numbering Rows
Hi all... Can't find how do to this using Excel 2003... I want to be able to have Excel automatically number rows (in the first column) that have text on them...but skip numbering rows without...and adjust the numbering if new rows get added in later. (I guess something similar to Bullets and Numbering in Word). Here's an example of what I want if I'm not making myself clear... 1. Text Here 2. Text Here 3. Text Here (Empty row...no text) 4. Text Here 5. Text Here (Empty row...no text) 6. Text Here etc.. Then...let's say...at a later date...I inserted a new row under...

numbering multilevel list word 2007
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted) If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the Normal style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style definition for the relevant heading(s). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dheuermann" <dheuermann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF7E0F7-76A1-4B55-98B3-981E303C7A68@microsoft.co...

A Crystal Beginner

formattting numbers
I am trying to format text in a textbox so it is in 3 columns (I'm using a fixed width font so it will align correctly). The 3rd column is a number. I would like it to be decimal point aligned (with possibly 1 leading zero - not 2 or 3 leading zeros). So I would like the output to be: AAAAA BBBBBBB 123.45 AAA BBBBB 0.11 AAAAA BBBBBBB 3.20 The code below aligns correctly but gives me 2 extra leading zeros. I basically want this output but have the 2 leading digits replaced with a space if no digit is present. Text1.SelText = " &quo...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Matching number formats
I am using an INDEX/MATCH formula and do get a "VALUE NOT AVAILABLE" response. Both ranges have a "General" format. A [Copy][Paste Special][Formats] does not make the formats match. How can I make them respond to each other? On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:36:09 -0700, "raystub" <raystub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using an INDEX/MATCH formula and do get a "VALUE NOT AVAILABLE" >response. Both ranges have a "General" format. A [Copy][Paste >Special][Formats] does not make the formats match. How can I make them >resp...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control