How do I get real time stock quotes to my excel worksheet?

I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I
can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes.
Please, advice me on how to get that service.

Thanks,

Walter
0
Walter1 (18)

walter wrote:
> I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I
> can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes.
> Please, advice me on how to get that service.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Walter

There is a small group on Yahoo devoted to using Excel to do various
stock market tricks.  You can find it at:

The last set of messages there was about this very subject.  They
provided web sites and Excel code to make it work.

Good luck...

Bill
0
wylie836 (251)

how to become a microsoft excel expert
am new to excel &very fascinated about it and would like to learn more about it,discover more secrets about it.my new job demands me to take control&manage existing,outgoing&incoming stock on excel.i want to be the best asset for my company in this field... Well, as an Excel novice and novice contributor to these newsgroups and a retired department manager, I would suggest this. Pose your questions in plain English text, (In which I am also not an expert). "I am new to excel and very fascinated about it and would like to learn more about it, to discover mor...

entering current time in shared work book
Hi, i am maintaing a excel tracker in shared drive where i am manually entering the time when a person came into the office. Is it possible that when a person comes he himself open the shared file and click the cell corresponding to his name so that the time of that moment can be stored and that can not be further updated with new value (time)... below is the format Name of Person Date Name A Name B Name C 21-Apr-10 6:44 PM 6:48 PM 6:40 PM 22-Apr-10 6:30 PM 6:34 PM 6:31 PM 23-Apr-10 6:35 PM 6:39 PM 6:40 PM I would try first to setup a list on another she...

compact database at run time
hi How can i compact my access database programmatically .. In MSDN they gave a code like #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\Msado15.DLL" #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\MSJRO.DLL" no_namespace try { IJetEnginePtr jet(__uuidof(JetEngine)); jet->CompactDatabase( "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\nwind2.mdb", "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\abbc.mdb;" \ "Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4"); } catch(_com_error &e) { ::MessageBox(NULL, (LPCTSTR)e.De...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

A Crystal Beginner

Managing foreign stocks
I have followed the help section on "Convert foreign currencies for investments (my default currency is Canadian, I have bought US stocks), but the conversion amount is entered into the Commissions field. The reporting would be incorrect. What should I do? "Lulu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7bc401c43140$f5b0d010$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have followed the help section on "Convert foreign > currencies for investments (my default currency is > Canadian, I have bought US stocks), but the conversion > amount is entered int...

Alter position of "Duplicate Receipt" text on receipt
Hi, I'm not too familiar with XML, but I'd really like to be able to move the position of the text "Duplicate Receipt" into the main body of the receipt- below the store address- as opposed to having it as a header and footer. Can anyone help? Thanks. hi Tara, you can do so, Open the receipt.xml file and find there are 2 boolean paramter <SET name="ShowDuplicateBefore" custom="false" description="Show Duplicate At Top" type="vbBoolean"> True </SET> <SET name="ShowDuplicateAfter" custom="true&q...

fix send email after message "interface not registered"
How to fix the communication between outlook (2003) and word (2003) to use the "compose" and "send" buttons in / from outlook. A "word 2003" message pops up "INTERFACE NOT REGISTERED" and that's that! No emails can be sent from outlook 2003. When using Word as the e-mail editor, you get the error "Interface Not Registered" when trying to send e-mail. To solve this so you can use Word as the editor again, close all running Office applications. In Start-> Run then type; Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll --� Milly Staples [M...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Excel VBA / Data Sorting / Maniputaltion
i have a long list, which i imported from other data base. The problem is: 1. In each cell, besides data (data is in alphabates) there are som numeric characters which i dont want . How can i get rid of all those unwanted numbers from data, from all th list? 2. The data is in every second row, ie. one row is empty. How can i Delete those empty/blank rows from the list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. I think we will need to see a sample of your data 2. Sort the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am sending the sample data file... ...

"Compile error in hidden module: GlobalCodeModule"
Hi, we have 3 versions of office installed 2003, 2007, 2010. We have had no problems with that until a week ago or so. In Word 2003 we have code in a global template which uses a treeview control from mscomctl.ocx. I'm not sure that this is the problem though. I have tried to uncheck the reference to theat control and save the template, but then I get another error message "The disk is full. etc etc". I can't save the template after removing the reference or doing any other editing in that template. This not only occurring on my computer. I suspect a rec...

Get paid while you get online!!

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Footers/Headers in Excel
Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy. Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking). ctrl;c = copy ctrl;v = paste "sls" wrote: > Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? ...

How do I get??