How do I get one cell to record the time another cell was changed.

I know there's a simple solution to this, but I'm not seeing it.  How can I
set up a cell to update the time (or date) whenever another cell has data
entered into it; e.g. cell A1 has new info entered into it, and cell A2
automatically updates the time of that update.  Thanks in advance.

One way

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Reigning in Seattle" wrote:

> I know there's a simple solution to this, but I'm not seeing it.  How can I
> set up a cell to update the time (or date) whenever another cell has data
> entered into it; e.g. cell A1 has new info entered into it, and cell A2
> automatically updates the time of that update.  Thanks in advance.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

Timed Rental
Retail Management Systems Ltd. has just released a new addon for Timed Rental. RMS TimeZone allows you to rent out 'zones'. The easy thing is, you decide what a zone is. Whether you own a golf dome, billiard hall, shooting range (see list below for many other industries) you have the power to specify base pricing, minimum times, and additional per minute pricing. The visual interface tells the employees which zones are occupied/rented, by which customer, and how long the zone has been in use. TimeZone supports an unlimited number of zones. This add-on provides easy to use mouse...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

New Disk storage

Compare records in a query then write equation??
Hi all, i have a problem and i need help, the case is as follows: the default rule is that i have 4 fields, (Date, Team, Score). each team is allowed to have one score per day but sometimes it can have 2 scores per day, when this is the case i wanna multiply each score by a certain number and have one score instead of 2 scores (similar to average but not average). So, i need to have a condition which compares records, and if this is the case, formulates this equation and gives me one score instead of 2 scores. Please help SELECT Team, [Date], Sum(Score)/Count(Score) * IIF(Count(Score) =1,1,S...

Before Update on record select

move cell contents

visible cell only

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Locked records
I am having a bit of an annoying problem with my Access application. The data is held on a SQL 2000 server with Access front-end. I have a form (Form A) used for editing records, this form is launched from a command button on another form (Form B) and filters to a sepcific records on Form A dependant on the record in Form B. Nothing special here I use this technique all over this application. Form A opens up and displays the record I want but when ever I make a change and try to exit the form or save the record I get the following message: "The record has been changed by another user...

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

Tabs and record scrolling
Hi - I have a combo box that automatically sets the focus of one of 3 tab pages based on the value selected in the combo box. I'd like to be able to do the same thing when scrolling through records. Any help is appreciated!! Steve Hi Steve, Put the same code in the on current event of the form, remembering to check if the combo is null of course!! That way as you change records, it will trigger the event and set the focus as necessary. Damian. "sboegeman" wrote: > Hi - > > I have a combo box that automatically sets the focus of one of 3 tab pages > bas...

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...