how do i get mutiple values using vlookup in excel, lookup value .

hi , i have data stored in excel as column a- Purchase order no column b-
Invoice no i want to query basis  purchase order no & result should give
mutiple invoice no stored agst one purchase order no how do i do this using
lookup or something !
0
Abhijeet (3)

One way: Invoke AutoFilter.

Abhijeet wrote:
> hi , i have data stored in excel as column a- Purchase order no column b-
> Invoice no i want to query basis  purchase order no & result should give
> mutiple invoice no stored agst one purchase order no how do i do this using
> lookup or something !
0
akyurek (248)
1/4/2005 1:52:42 PM
I use the following for something similar. It might be what you are looking
for: -

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(B1:B12500,SMALL(IF(A1:A12500=D1,ROW(B1:B12500),""),ROW()))=FALSE),"",(INDEX(B1:B12500,SMALL(IF(A1:A12500=D1,ROW(B1:B12500),""),ROW()))))

Enter as Array Formula CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

Copy this down as many rows as you think there are unique numbers (say 100
rows)

Column A would be your Invoice Numbers
Column B would be your Purchase order Numbers
D1 would be the Purchase order number you are searching for

"Abhijeet" wrote:

> hi , i have data stored in excel as column a- Purchase order no column b-
> Invoice no i want to query basis  purchase order no & result should give
> mutiple invoice no stored agst one purchase order no how do i do this using
> lookup or something !
How about a User Defined Function?
This returns a list separated by commas to a single cell.
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=41AE763E.D50D552%40netscapeXSPAM.com

--

Dave Peterson
0

I tried to use your formula for my application but it is not working what am
I missing?

The formula I am using is
=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Data!$E$1:$E$16200,SMALL(IF(Data!$H$1:$H$16200=$E$5&$B11,ROW(Data!$E$1:$E$16200),""),ROW()))=FALSE),"",(INDEX(Data!$E$1:$E$16200,SMALL(IF(Data!$H$1:$H$16200=$E$5&$B11,ROW(Data!$E$1:$E$16200),""),ROW()))))

$E$5&$B11= The JOb#_Phase Type I am looking for.
Data!$E$1:$E$16 = The range where the Job#_Phase Type are found multiple
times.
Data!$H$1:$H$16200=The range where the dates are found or the answers I want
returned.

I also tried
=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Data!$H$1:$H$16200,SMALL(IF(Data!$E$1:$E$16200=$E$5&$B11,ROW(Data!$H$1:$H$16200),""),ROW()))=FALSE),"",(INDEX(Data!$H$1:$H$16200,SMALL(IF(Data!$E$1:$E$16200=$E$5&$B11,ROW(Data!$H$1:$H$16200),""),ROW()))))

Both Instances the Cell is blank.

--
Thanks,

Ben

"Anthony Slater" wrote:

> I use the following for something similar. It might be what you are looking
> for: -
>
> =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(B1:B12500,SMALL(IF(A1:A12500=D1,ROW(B1:B12500),""),ROW()))=FALSE),"",(INDEX(B1:B12500,SMALL(IF(A1:A12500=D1,ROW(B1:B12500),""),ROW()))))
>
> Enter as Array Formula CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
>
> Copy this down as many rows as you think there are unique numbers (say 100
> rows)
>
> Column A would be your Invoice Numbers
> Column B would be your Purchase order Numbers
> D1 would be the Purchase order number you are searching for
>

> "Abhijeet" wrote:
>
> > hi , i have data stored in excel as column a- Purchase order no column b-
> > Invoice no i want to query basis  purchase order no & result should give
> > mutiple invoice no stored agst one purchase order no how do i do this using
> > lookup or something !
0
Ben1 (161)
5/19/2005 2:07:10 AM
Hi!

This (these) formulas are dependant upon which row they're in:
......ROW()))))

See my reply to your other post.

Biff

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anthony,
>
> I tried to use your formula for my application but it is not working what
> am
> I missing?
>
> The formula I am using is:
> =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Data!$E$1:$E$16200,SMALL(IF(Data!$H$1:$H$16200=$E$5&$B11,ROW(Data!$E$1:$E$16200),""),ROW()))=FALSE),"",(INDEX(Data!$E$1:$E$16200,SMALL(IF(Data!$H$1:$H$16200=$E$5&$B11,ROW(Data!$E$1:$E$16200),""),ROW()))))
>
> $E$5&$B11= The JOb#_Phase Type I am looking for.
> Data!$E$1:$E$16 = The range where the Job#_Phase Type are found multiple
> times.
> Data!$H$1:$H$16200=The range where the dates are found or the answers I
> want
> returned.
>
> I also tried:
> =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Data!$H$1:$H$16200,SMALL(IF(Data!$E$1:$E$16200=$E$5&$B11,ROW(Data!$H$1:$H$16200),""),ROW()))=FALSE),"",(INDEX(Data!$H$1:$H$16200,SMALL(IF(Data!$E$1:$E$16200=$E$5&$B11,ROW(Data!$H$1:$H$16200),""),ROW()))))
>
> Both Instances the Cell is blank.
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>

> "Anthony Slater" wrote:
>
>> I use the following for something similar. It might be what you are
>> looking
>> for: -
>>
>> =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(B1:B12500,SMALL(IF(A1:A12500=D1,ROW(B1:B12500),""),ROW()))=FALSE),"",(INDEX(B1:B12500,SMALL(IF(A1:A12500=D1,ROW(B1:B12500),""),ROW()))))
>>
>> Enter as Array Formula CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
>>
>> Copy this down as many rows as you think there are unique numbers (say
>> 100
>> rows)
>>
>> Column A would be your Invoice Numbers
>> Column B would be your Purchase order Numbers
>> D1 would be the Purchase order number you are searching for
>>

>> "Abhijeet" wrote:
>>
>> > hi , i have data stored in excel as column a- Purchase order no column
>> > b-
>> > Invoice no i want to query basis  purchase order no & result should
>> > give
>> > mutiple invoice no stored agst one purchase order no how do i do this
>> > using
>> > lookup or something !

0
biffinpitt (3172)

VLookup to Hide Columns
Hi everyone - I'm still trying to figure out how to perform this one. Within my Timesheet tool, I use a VLookup table, on a data entry page, that contains employee names, departments, etc...... Also on the data entry page, are a number of columns (designated with specific housing programs) where the employee enters their daily hours depending on which program they work in. The thing is that certain employees only work in certain programs where it would be easier if the program columns that the employee does not deal with will "hide" once the employee chooses their names from th...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

Target.Offset(0, 36).Value Help
In the below, I use this to force the persons USERNAME to populate 36 rows to the right in a column I hide. This shows me who was in a spreadsheet and updating ONE specific column... Column AD. My question is this... Can I poulate a named range with their USERNAME. I want to insert a named range, then force the USERNAME there. (INSERT>NAME>DEFINE>) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const myRange As String = "ad7:AD90" 'Const myrange As String = "A3,A6,A8,A11,A16" On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

How to return a range of values in a drop-down.
Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one cell based on input from another cell. As an example: Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe" I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe. The results in A2 would be the following in a drop down: 4" 6" 8" If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe" it would return values (sizes) of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe. 10" 12" 15" The bottom line and...

Colour values of calendar categories
Hi I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword, and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc). Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better still, just let me know what they are? Thanks in advance Steve Years ago I had a tool that displayed the value for the color of where the mouse cursor was placed over. But I don'...

Tax Value Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

AutoArchive using VBA CDO CdoPR_AGING_PATH
I am trying to programatically change the path to the archive file. My pst has may folders and I dont want to change the path on each one by hand. Using the code I can change the GRANULARITY and the PERIOD but the path wont change. ( I am verifying the settings by right clicking the folder and selecting AutoArchive). I have tested in both Outlook 2002 and 2003. On 2003 I was able to change the path when I ran the code the first time but subsequent attempt failed to change the path. Strangely when I view the path (objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value) via code after I change it, i...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

A Crystal Beginner

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

Using current date track budget.
Hi, I am trying to update a percentage completion cell in a budget tracking spreadsheet based on the current month. Basically I have a row for each activity and a column for each month. I enter the hours completed for each activity in each month. I have a total number of hours value which will be used to calculate the %completed. So what I need is to a formula that will calculate the following: if ( this month is April) then (sum the hours from start month to april and divide by the total hours cell) else if (this month is May) then (sum the hours from start month to april and ...

sort by subtotal values
When I use the insert subtotals, I would like to sort by those subtotals. It is not sorting them properly. What do I need to do first before I tell it to sort. Thanks so much If you have one level of subtotals, you can collapse the table, so only the subtotals are visible. Then, select a cell in the column that you want to sort, and click the A-Z or Z-A button on the toolbar. harry wrote: > When I use the insert subtotals, I would like to sort by > those subtotals. It is not sorting them properly. What > do I need to do first before I tell it to sort. -- Debra Dalgleish...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Get paid while you get online!!

Inability to chart a logartihmic values
I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

using the $ to lock formulas
We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct this? Thank you for any assistance you can give. Hi one way would be to use something like INDIRECT("A1") to always refer to cell A1. Note: copying this formula won't change the cell reference -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany frankmlr wrote: > We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns > are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct > this? > > > Thank you for any assistance you can give. One way: =I...

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...