how do I get excel to format dates before 1 jan 1900

I am transcribing Parish Registers for our local church. Many entries go back
to past centuries and we need to be able to search the database/table by
date. Hence need date formatting prior to 1900.

Any ideas?

Ps Using Office 2000 XL and Access

All dates previous to 1900 will be text in excel so you need to to search on
text

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"keithcarteruk" <keithcarteruk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am transcribing Parish Registers for our local church. Many entries go
back
> to past centuries and we need to be able to search the database/table by
> date. Hence need date formatting prior to 1900.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ps Using Office 2000 XL and Access

0
terre081 (3245)

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

Convert European currency format to dollars
I have currency data which is stored in Euopean currency and I want to format it to dollars on a regular basis. Is there an easy way for Excel to do this?. I have tried formatting cells and replacing characters by search and replace, but this is bit hit and miss. The data is stored as 1.234,56 and I want to convert it to 1,234.56 Mark In Excel, click on Tools/Options, then the International tab. The top section is "Number handling", and you can specify what you want to use as decimal and thousands separators. Click on the Use system separators box to remove the check mark, an...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

Q: How to automatically adapt column width with XML format?
Hi. I'm developing an application that outputs its results to an XML file (with Excel XP's DTD). The trouble is the column width, which is set at default. Is there an XML tag which allow to adapt width automatically? I thought about a VBA macro, but I noticed that VBA code isn't stored in XML Excel's files. Thanks in advance, Francesco. ...

need a date look here

A Crystal Beginner

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Excel VBA / Data Sorting / Maniputaltion
i have a long list, which i imported from other data base. The problem is: 1. In each cell, besides data (data is in alphabates) there are som numeric characters which i dont want . How can i get rid of all those unwanted numbers from data, from all th list? 2. The data is in every second row, ie. one row is empty. How can i Delete those empty/blank rows from the list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. I think we will need to see a sample of your data 2. Sort the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am sending the sample data file... ...

Get paid while you get online!!

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Footers/Headers in Excel
Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy. Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking). ctrl;c = copy ctrl;v = paste "sls" wrote: > Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? ...

Excel shuts down!
Using "Microsoft Office 2007" - which I didn't like to start with, but be that as it may, I am obliged to use it. Don't know if Microsoft has made recent changes, but my Excel has, until today,seemed to be working ok. I only use a couple of rather simple files, and every time I attempt to modify the color of test. I get a window that says "Excel has stopped working - check on line for solution". I have no idea where to check on line of a solution, and it also shows a problem signature as follows: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Applica...

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...

enhanced conditional formatting
i want a conditional formatting system that is not limited like the current one. currently i can only set 3 conditions and the formating settings for each condition being true in the following scenario i would require 6 conditions that would require the values of more than 1 row/column to be of a specific value to create the desire effect. they are as follows: 1) if drivable is = yes and elapsed between 0 and 6 cell shadow green 2) if drivable is = no and elapsed between 0 and 3 cell shadow green 3) if drivable is = yes and elapsed between 6 and 9 cell shadow orange 4) if drivable is = no...

Get notified when Out of Office is on