How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

0
Aerogel (1)

Find Duplicate names and delate

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Updating GAL from Excel?
Hello all, Can anyone recommend a tool for updating a global address list from an excel spreadsheet? Im not sure if such a thing exists but this would be a major convenience. I have an excel spreadsheet with my entire corporations address information and the execs would like to rely on the GAL for finding contact information. This would take me hours to do manually and having a tool or a script that can import or update fields would make the labor much simplier. I appreciate your responses. Keith. On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:41:03 -0700, "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microso...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Issue retriving data from mssql 2005
Different queries accessing a storedprocedure sometimes hang until they are timedout. Calling the stored procedure mannually (Management Studio)(from the client computer that also executes the program) returns 1090 rows in one sec. EXEC spa08v1GetTransactions NULL ,'20091006','20091006' Executing the stored procedure from a simple app, just counting the rows gives me a timeout at 956 rows. This runs nicely against my test enviroment. SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(); cmd.Connection = new SqlConnection("Server=MyServer;Database=MyDatabase...

Will Excel 2004 run on SnowLeopard OS X 10.6?
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm a SW developer who uses a lot of VBA for Excel programing, for automaation and macros. Besides that, my customers use the spreadsheets I develop in Office for PC's. I know Office 2008 has no VBA for Excel, but I really need it. Can I install Office 2004 in my computer and will it run under Snow Leopard, so that I can keep on using VBA with Excel? Yes -- But do a fresh install. Don't try to 'migrate' Office from an earlier version of the OS if you're upgrading to 10.6 & you will have to use t...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

I clicked HTTP server what does incoming mail mean?
what do i type in incoming mail for HTTP server? "Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D52686D-B5D6-4C49-899F-6D3D5C2079B9@microsoft.com... > what do i type in incoming mail for HTTP server? Do you mean SMTP server? If so ask your Internet Service Provider. the server url - it only works for hotmail, msn and Exchange OWA addresses. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ ...

OK, a really tricky one now for Excel gurus!
A perfect response before, this time a little trickier! I have two data sources: Data A) a column of approx. 3000 cells featuring the 'Post Code' only from a database of addresses. Data B) The Australian postcode database as found and downloaded from the below link: http://www1.auspost.com.au/postcodes/index.asp?sub=2 What I want to happen is each postcode from source 'A' to match up with the corresponding post code from source 'B' (this is in column A). Once it matches, the 'Delivery Office' (column E) is to appear in column B of Data Source Sheet A......

Find (but not find)

Open all Excel spreadsheets/fles before running queries
I have a number of spreadsheets which use Ms Query to retrieve data from an Oracle database. I have set it up so that queries run automatically when I open a spreadsheet. In Excel 2003, if I open several such spreadsheets at the same time, Excel will open all spreadsheets first and then run the queries. This means that I can open all the spreadsheets I want to update, get immediate notification if any one of them is in use by someone else, open as read-only if so, and then go off and do something else while all queries update (15-20 minutes in some cases). In Excel 2007 wh...

Finding an event

Copying portions of data
Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find command (the data changes every day) and copy just that portion onto a new worksheet? Thanks Wendy Hi Wendy, If a verbal rule (or rules) can be devised to locate the area, then it is very likely that someone could aaist you with code to automate this. --- Regards, Norman "Wendy Clarkson" <wenan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cs835v$6ag$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find > command (the data changes every day) and copy ju...

cannot find database

How to make "This workbook contains links to other data sources" appear?
Hello How to make "Microsoft Excel This workbook contains links to other data sources To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." pop up or appear on the Task bar after clicking "Open Link" in "Linked Worksheet Object" in a context menu of a linked object in Word 2003 sp2? The window appear only after clicking an Excel button in the Task bar. ...

Importing a chart from Excel
We have an Excel chart that we'd like to embed in an Outlook email, but everytime we attempt to do this, the file size becomes tremendous - far larger by megabytes compared to the original Excel file. We've tried all methods, and the only way to minimize the chart size is to create a PDF attachment. Is there another way? -- ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp. 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 660 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Tel: 310-571-1224 Fax: 310-571-1227 ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Excel 2007: Formula bar text flicker, can't access other open workbooks or close Excel.
I am working on a fairly large application that refers to code in several addins. Userforms are used, but there are no shapes, charts, etc. on any worksheet. My problem is that 'randomly', but usually some time after using the main form (that can interact with cells on a worksheet) the test in the formula bar textbox starts flickering like some code is caught in an endless loop. I can interact with Excel at this point, but can't naviagate to other workbooks or even close Excel without ending it's process via TaskManager. The only way to get the flickering to stop is ...

retaining original column widths in excel
How do I retain original column widths when opening excel files sent to me. ...

Stopping a chart when the data runs out
Using Excel 2007, I have a chart set up to display based on a table. However, the table will have a variable number of entries. The way I have the data defined now includes the whole table which has a maximum of 25 entries. So if there are only 20 entries, the last 5 default to "", or for practical purposes, 0. If the rest of the table values are in the 70's, and the chart is a control chart, that makes the chart "taller" than it needs to be, and hard to read the part of the chart that contains the real data. What I would like to do is define the data to be plotted ...

What does ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI exactly mean ??
Hi, What does ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI exactly mean ? I searched MSDN but found that this is macro to handle user interface update command messages.. SO, in exactly which scenario will this be activated ?? (like user click on menu or simple paint-open of menu.. ??) ===== Regards, Jigar Mehta This macro is used to associate Menu/Toolbar item ids to UI handler methods. The UI handler method is called when the menu needs to get info about the menu/toolbar item, for example when you open a menu and the items are about to be displayed it calles the handler for each item in the menu. There yo...