How do i extract worksheet cells with the same contents?

Office Pro Microsoft Excel . I import three separate lists into one worksheet
and want to extract only cells with similar contents to a separate worksheet.

Define "similar".

If it is "the same" and those entries are in the same column, then you could
use data --> autofilter on that column and copy the rows left in view to the
other worksheet.

"doncuba" wrote:

> Office Pro Microsoft Excel . I import three separate lists into one worksheet
> and want to extract only cells with similar contents to a separate worksheet.

Help in displaying in a cell
I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works) in a excel spreadsheet, but the cell only display ############ wrap text option is checked, What's the exact problem? Using excel 2007 Is the cell formatted as Text? Apply a General format to it instead. Also, you can insert manual line breaks as you enter the text using Alt-Enter. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 3, 9:59=A0am, "crapit" <biggerc...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works= ) > in a excel spreadsheet, but the c...

Sort on Cell Colour
Hello, Is there any way to sort depending on the colour of the cell background? The row will contain the same colour for all cells... Regards, Nick. "Nick" <Nick@nospamhere.com> wrote in message news:a47c01c346c9$da189200$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, Is there any way to sort depending on the colour > of the cell background? The row will contain the same > colour for all cells... > Regards, Nick. It's all described here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm ...

numeric cell formats
I have a XLS file converted from Quattro. I want to change number formats in a column. I highlight the cells, then click on FORMAT, CELL, but nothing happens, none of the possible cell formats pop up. I tried EDIT, GOTO, SPECIAL and still nothing happens. I looked to see if the cells were protected, but this does not seem to be the case. Any ideas on what to do? THANKS!! The only time I've seen this is when the original workbook was created in a different program--crystal reports or Lotus 123. I included a few "sacrificial" cells in my selection, made my changes to...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Drop down list and obtain data in a cell
I have this situation where I have a drop down list for a number of suppliers. There is a summary worksheet followed by a series of worksheets, one for each supplier all identical in their layout. What I would like to do is select a supplier from the list and when selected take the data in cell C75 on the supplier worksheet and place it in cell C75 on the summary sheet. Is this possible? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server...

too many different cell formats #4
i'm trying to open a wq3 file with excel 2000 and i get the error message "too many different cell formats". please help be open this. i do not have qpro. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi for dealing with too many cell formats have a look at the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i'm trying to open a wq3 file with excel 2000 and i get the error > message "too many different cell formats". please help be open this. > > i do not have ...

Compare Worksheets
Hello, Does anyone know of a way I can compare the differences between two worksheets. They should be absolutely identical but there's too much information for me to scan through and pick out the differences. Thank you for your help Marty I use a commercial Add-in that works perfectly for this.........it compares values, dates, formulas, formats, etc etc........it really saved my bacon when I needed it and was well worth the money to me........even tho my Company wouldn't spring for it, I bought it myself............on my first usage it discovered 231 differences between my arc...

combo boxes in worksheets
Hi, I would like to create a column where one can use a combox to enter the data. For example, suppose there are two options, "Paid" or "Charged", and I would like the user to be able to select one of these options from a drop down menu How do I do this so that the data can be entered using this drop down list? Data Validation is simplest. Take a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jon E" <JonE@discus...

Validating data pasted into worksheet
I have an application that has a user paste data into a set group of columns and up to 100 rows. The data is sales information. They then click a button and the data is exported into a flat file. I need the data to be validated before the flat file is created. 1. I need field length validation on some columns (13 characters max) and 2. I need the data in two columns to be validated against a code list (MN, KN, TD, or GD). I am thinking that doing this as a Macro is best because selecting the "Data" "Validation" for a range is erased once new data is pasted into ...

@How to add new worksheet on right side....
Sir, How to add new worksheet on right side of current selected worksheet? When I press Shift+F11, new worksheet comes on left side, but I want it to appear on right side. Another situation is that when I have many worksheet opened, like 15+, then I have to press Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown many times to select extreme left/right worksheet. Can there be a shortcut to make this happen? Also please tell where do I paste these(written below) in a code modulefor setting focus on the Name box and for renaming worksheet. Also tell how to create shortcut for these. Thanks in advance. W...

Some text shows in the formula bar but not in the cell.
To anyone who can help me: Occasionally I receive an Excel attachment with an e-mail were some of the text in some cells appear in the formula bar but not in the cell itself. Would greatly appreciate assitance . . . "George M." <George M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20CE2E58-492B-48A7-82B9-E60B6887F703@microsoft.com... > To anyone who can help me: Occasionally I receive an Excel attachment with > an > e-mail were some of the text in some cells appear in the formula bar but > not > in the cell itself. Would greatly appreciate assitance ...

copying rows where a result cell has a certain value or higher
Hi, I am a novice self taught excel user, not yet delving into the world of VBA. I have a problem with a workbook that I have not been able to find the answer to in the forums yet. If someone could assist I would be grateful. The situation is as follows; I have a workbook consisting of 7 worksheets, 1st worksheet is an instructions only page for the other people who will be using the spreadsheeta nd is therefore irrelevant in this problem. The next 5 worksheets are the same layout and consist of 10 questions on each sheet. The questions are in rows 16 through 25, in column 2. to answer ...

HELP: big problem with Excel, source cells, crashing and general madness
I have been on microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs but so far just the one reply (from someone who has exactly the same problem as we do and has not yet solved it either). Anyone here can help??? My boss has this massive Excel spreadsheet with a number of worksheets linked with other spreadsheets etc. He is using Excel 2000 on Office 2000. His computer was crashing with the above whenever he tried to do work on it. We bought him a brand new computer, 1 gig of RAM, 80 GB of HDD. We're a small company - a charity - so this was as powerful as we could afford. This was a week ago and it&#...

Copy row, Insert>Copied>Cells crashes Excel
-- There are 6 input sheets in my Excel 2002 MasterEstimate workbook. When I copy a row on the Appurtenances sheet and then try to Insert>Copied>Cells on the same sheet Excel crashes and wants to send a message to MS. I can copy rows and Insert>Copied>Cells on the other sheets without any problems. Excel only crashes when I Copy>Insert cells on the Appurtenances sheet and not with any of the other sheets. Ever had this problem? How did you solve the problem? Thanks for your suggestions, Kent. __________________ Kent ...

IE8 Missing web page content
After upgrading to IE8 I lost my Windows XP logo on my desktop. This feature was available in previous versions by adding "Web Page Content" to the Desktop Items of Display Properties. As a result, I reverted back to IE7. After reading all these negative posts, I really see no reason for upgrading to IE8. Now who can argue with that? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Beetle Baily wrote: > After upgrading to IE8 I lost my Windows XP logo on my desktop. This feature > was available in previous versions by adding "Web Page Content" to the > Desk...

Formatting Cell for EUR Currency
I am trying to format a cell to reflect EUR 12,000. I have Excel 97, however I am unable to see EUR in the Format Cell/Number/Currency/Symbol as an option. Is there a way round this? Eg Cell A1 = 12,000 It should state EUR 12,000 Thanks in advance for your help. The euro currency is not EUR, if you want that you have to roll your own. There is a euro symbol http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/category.aspx?CategoryID=CD010226261033&CTT=4&Origin=CD010225121033 all on one line -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Nav" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

How to prepare imported data for Excel to autosize properly width of the cell?
Hello, When clicking on csv file containing data as below: "AAA aaa","5552340553" "BBB bbb","5552340553" "CCC ccc","5552340553" Excel application opens a spreadsheet but the phone numbers column is squized and the numbers displayed look like below: 5.552E+09 5.552E+09 5.552E+09 btw, even the copy & paste operation does not do these numbers correctly My question is: How to prepare csv file that spreadsheet will display these numbers correctly? Jack Jack Take the csv extension off. (or rename it with a ...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

How to format in a cell that has both text and a formula
I have a cell with this formula ="James Cedric V. Sebua ("& ((TODAY()-B14)/365) & ")" The display is this James Cedric V. Sebua (5.55890410958904) And I want it to be this: James Cedric V. Sebua (5) Thanks Dave Hi Dave, Try: ="James Cedric V. Sebua ("& INT((TODAY()-B14)/365) & ")" -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:EA033D26-48C7-4D91-8855-621A76C8367D@microsoft.com... >I have a cell with this formula > > > =&...

Different footer Content
Using Microsoft Word 2007, I created an 11 page document with Footers. The footer contains text [left justified] and Page X of Y [right justified] I would like to change the footer text [but not the page numbers] beginning on page 8 and continue for the remainer of the document, but i'm stumped. I've tried section breaks but to no avail. Is this possible and if so, any suggestions? All the tutorials I have viewed describe how to change the page # formatting, so I need some help. Thanks ahead of time... -- jacsdad After you've inserted the section break you...

too many worksheets in workbook
I have a user that has a lot of worksheets in one workbook, and wants to add more. It is beginning to get cumbersome to scroll through the worksheets to get to the correct one. I know this is a vague question, but does anyone have suggestions on how to reorganize the spreadsheet? One idea I had was to provide macros to show one grouping of worksheets while hiding another grouping. For example, macroS would show worksheets S1 and S2 while hiding P1 and P2; macroP would show worksheets P1 and P2 while hiding S1 and S2. They are using Excel 2002. Thank you. Jerry Hi You can right-click ...

Saving a shared worksheet
HI, When a worksheet is setup as shared on the network, and two users have opened this file concurrently, and both are editing the file, who s version will get finally saved? Will the data saved by the user who closes first be lost when the second user saves? Could you someone enlighten on what really a shared workbook means? Thanks Ramesh The whole point of shared workbooks is to save the changes of all simultaneous users. When two user edit the same cell a 'Resolve Conflicts' dialog will appear. You should search in Excel help on 'shared workbook' for more on ...

special character in Worksheet column after import
Hi, I imported some text files that have two columns of numeric values. Those seem to have a fixed width, but after the import, there appears to be a special character in the second column that is sometimes indicated by an open/white square i.e., it cannot be displayed. Surprisingly, this square is only displayed in my older XP 2002 (for students and teachers) at home, but not in the newer Office 2003 version on my work laptop. There, I was puzzling why Excel didn't want to plot a graph from my table. At home, I realized that the special character not shown at work was the reason. F...

Formula for counting specific cells with value greater than 0
I am looking for a formula that will allow me to count specific cells (not a range) that would hold a value greater than 1. If the cell had a value of less than one, it would not be included in the count. A5 = 1.1 A10 = 1.4 A15 = .75 A20 = 2.3 total count would be 3 Look at your earlier post and for possible answer there -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mmock" <mmock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5CDFB7F-D31A-409B-A3DA-D49155EC3CDF@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a formula that will allow me to count specific cells (not >a > range) that would...

worksheet background color
I would like to format the individual worksheets with a color for the sheet itself. Is this possible in 2002? thanks for you help and advice Candice Hi! Do you mean you want to color the sheet tabs? Right click the sheet tab, select Tab Color. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I would like to format the individual worksheets with a color for the sheet >itself. Is this possible in 2002? thanks for you help and advice >Candice >. > No, I wanted to color the sheet itself... is that possible? (Thank you for your thoughts) "Biff" wrote: > Hi! > > ...