How do i enable all 1,00,000+ rows in excel 2007

Excel 2007 as more than 1,00,000 rows, but in our organisation setup i see
only 65536 rows. How do i enable the remaining.

Try to save as Excel 2007 *

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"free_ur_mind" <freeurmind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2007 as more than 1,00,000 rows, but in our organisation setup i see
> only 65536 rows. How do i enable the remaining.

0
ozgrid
4/12/2010 7:23:30 AM
.... and then close the file, and then reopen it.

You can change the default file format in Office button > Excel options,
category Save. This may or may not be reset by your organisation on next
logon.

Best wishes Harald

"ozgrid.com" <dave@ozgrid.com> wrote in message
> Try to save as Excel 2007 *
>

> --
> Regards
> Dave Hawley
> www.ozgrid.com
> "free_ur_mind" <freeurmind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Excel 2007 as more than 1,00,000 rows, but in our organisation setup i
>> see
>> only 65536 rows. How do i enable the remaining.

0
Harald

Excel: retriving data from the web
Hello, I am an excel novice. I would like to know whether it is possible to make use of a VBA program or some other mechanism so that I may instruct excel to automatically retrive data from the web or, even better, an XLS file containing financial data from "Yahoo finance" and load the data upon startup. An example of the data I would like excel to fetch and import can be found at http://finance.yahoo.com/ How may I configure excel for thios task? Thanks. Aldo Pellizzi goto xltraders-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and look in the files section. There are several free fi...

Excel truncating imported file to 256 characters per cell
Hi to all I am trying to import a works database into excel. I can convert database to CSV etc but on importing to or opening in excel the text in each cell is truncated to 256 characters. If I paste 1 cell from Excel into say Word I only get 256 characters. I have researched this on the internet but cannot find the answer. I can paste and invidual cell from Works to Excell and the text is not truncated and can all be seen. I cannot bulk paste them without them being truncated What is is the solution? Database is about 300,000 cells I am using Excel from Office 97 Cheers Don Strachan...

Print only coloured rows of table
I am working on a table shown in the attachment as "Original table�. In this table if �Total Reqd� >0 then the Row of that particular item gets coloured by the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING formula. Is there any Formula / Macro in Excel by which when I print the original table I get only the coloured rows � As shown in �Required table after printing� Attachment filename: sample.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=557493 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would do this by using the same criteria as ...

Sorting when data is on 2 rows???
I have data presented on rows as follows: 1 128655 Black, Robert 9:00 AM Breakfast meeting at Holiday 2 Inn. Casual. 3 123456 Blow, Joe 4:30 PM Customer wants to come 4 in to visit about a new 5 business venture. How can I sort Column 1 (128655 and 123456) so that Row 2 information stays with 128655 and row 4 and 5 stays with 123456? Can I be done? TIA, Ron As answered in...

Flashing cell or row when condition is met,
Hi, I need your help. I know you can help me with this-very smart. Ok, here is the table: Col: A B C D E 1 12 11 12 13 2 14 15 16 17 : : 33 70 18 19 20 Let's see, whenever I type a number 1 in the G1, I like to see A1:E1 flashing (either text or background), or type #33 in G1, the whole row of A33:E33 flash. In other words, whenever, the integer number in G1 matches with any number in col A, the whole ro...

Create Exchange 2007 mailbox
Hi! :) We use a vbscript to create users. Here are the lines of code in the script that creat the user account. The password is also set and some groups added... Set objUser = objUserOU.create("user", "cn=" & strEmpid) objUser.Put "SAMAccountName", strEmpid objUser.Put "givenName", strFirstName objUser.Put "sn", strLastName objUser.Put "displayName", strLastname & " " & strFirstName objUser.AccountExpirationDate = DateAdd("d", 1, CDate(strEndDate)) objUser.Put "userPrincipalName&q...

Calculation of debtor days
Hi All, Please help in this complicated problem with reference to the annexure given below: Problem Statement: 1 I have three Tables Sales Data Debtors data Month Data 2 I have to calculate debtor days by each manager and by each workgroup 3 I have more than 2000 datapoints, (around 98 manager names and 16 workgroups) 4 In the calc sheet you would see that I have calculated the debtor days for Manager A for DEC (but any point I could be asked for earlier months also like ex Nov or Jul) 5 The procedure is to deduct the latest months sales or the month for which it is to be calculated fr...

Mekko charts in Excel 2007
I'm trying to create a mekko area chart in Excel 2007 like I do in Excel 2003. However, it appears that one can not change the X axis of an area chart to timescale. Does anyone know how to create mekko charts in 2007? frustrated In article <hcydnfJ3Q_F7I7vbnZ2dnUVZ_gOdnZ2d@comcast.com>, gburdell@nowhere.com says... > I'm trying to create a mekko area chart in Excel 2007 like I do in Excel > 2003. However, it appears that one can not change the X axis of an area > chart to timescale. Does anyone know how to create mekko charts in 2007? > > frustrated ...

Outlook 2007 Attachments #2
In version 2003, I was able to delete an attachment from an incoming item, and retain the item, without the attached file. THis saved a lot of storage, if I had the file on the file server. I can not figure out how to do this in Outlook 2007. Any help will be appreciated. Carl I think I figured this out. If mail is sent as Rich Text, you can not remove the attachment since it embedded in the body of the email. If sent HTML or Plain Text, the attachment is in a "line" of its own, right below Subject and can be removed "Carl" wrote: > In version 2003, I was able...

Cost basis is $2.00 when always buying at $1.00
I have a money market fund that I've always purchased at $1.00. However, my "Avg Cost" column in the portfolio view for this fund is $2.00. How can that be? Thanks, Brett In article <1186589748.572404.135040@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, brett <account@cygen.com> wrote: >I have a money market fund that I've always purchased at $1.00. >However, my "Avg Cost" column in the portfolio view for this fund is >$2.00. How can that be? I am having a similar problem with a Money Market fund. I just posted today on this subject. My post concerned th...

paste graphs from Excel 2007 to Word
It was a hard task to paste a graph from excel into a Word doc. I got several error messages that pointed that this will be fix in a new Beta version. Any idea when it will be available? I finally did paste it by usinf control-x control v sequence, and worked only on one tupe of graph not the one I really liked it, but at least it worked! Any tips? Thanks Oscar -- Oscar Cuzzani Manag Director Eric Technologies Corporation What version of the Beta are you using? In Beta 2 TR I was able to copy (or cut) and paste a chart from Excel to Word without issue. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mi...

access 2007 use the old query builder format
Is it possible to use the query wizard builder format to edit existing queries in stead of the SQL format, if so how is it enabled Granpa _rb wrote: > Is it possible to use the query wizard builder format to edit existing > queries in stead of the SQL format, if so how is it enabled The only thing that would prevent it from being used is if your sql included syntax that can't be rendered in the design grid. Some examples of these are: - union queries - non-equi-joins (>, <, >=, <=, LIKE) - joins in which functions need to be used to make the join work (tbl...

Excel pausing
When typing in text in excel, when I type a word that has a double letter such as "letter" excel pauses and it takes a minute before it will put the second letter "t" in. Using windows 7 with excel 2007 ...

March 8 live chat: Performance-tuning CRM 1.2
Hi all, I wanted to let you know that the MBS Community site is hosting a live real-time chat about boosting the performance of your Microsoft CRM 1.2 installation in March. This chat will occur on Tuesday, March 8, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Pacific time. You can add this event to your calendar by going here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx#05_Mar8_PTUNE_CRM The chat room is here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/chatroom.aspx And here's a description of the chat: ***Tuning the Performance of Your Microsoft CRM 1.2 Installation*** Here’s your...

Restoring deleted excel files
Help! I have A windows 95. version 7.0 of Excel. My son deleted some excel files and emptied out the recycle bin. How can I restore these deleted files? Joe, Sorry to say, but the files are gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Joe Barranco" <jbarocker@aol.com> wrote in message news:011801c35f7c$14057030$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Help! > I have A windows 95. version 7.0 of Excel. My son deleted > some excel files and emptied out the recycle bin. How can > I rest...

Excel non accetta i comandi DDE
Ho preparato dei modelli Word contenenti dei campi unione ad un database Excel, che mi hanno sempre funzionato bene. Ora, invece, non riesco ad aprire i modelli di cui sopra perch� *Microsoft Excel deve accettare i comandi DDE.Attendere...* ma di fatto tali comandi non vengono accettati neanche a distanza di parecchi minuti, con la conseguenza che io non posso aprire n� usare il documento. Da cosa pu� dipendere quanto sopra e come potrei risolvere? Grazie molto anticipatamente. Ciao Veronica Ciao Veronica, Parlate Inglese? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing dire...

How do you create combination charts (line-coulmn) in excel 2007?
I need to create a combination chart (Pareto line-column) in excel 2007 but I can't find the combination chart wizard like the one in 2003. How do I go about creating a line-column chart in 2007. Hi, In 2007 you need to build your own combinations. Start with a column chart based on all the data. Then select the column series you wish to plot as line. You can now change the chart type. Chart Tools > Design > Type > Change chart type. Cheers Andy Leesah wrote: > I need to create a combination chart (Pareto line-column) in excel 2007 but I > can't find the combina...

Windows 7 / Office 2007
Hi, Does anybody know which updates in Windows 7 that "screws" up macro-enabled spreadsheets in Office 2007 (Enterprise)? On Windows Vista the update was called KB973593, but I can't find this update on my system. So what's the equivalent update on Windows 7? Can someone help me out here? Anders ...

Bayesian method in Excel
How can I use Excel to calculate the Bayesian methods? Go to Google and search for "Bayesian". Then, at the bottom of the page, there's a "Search Within Results" option. Enter Excel there, and get over 59,000 hits. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Morteza Bastami" <Morteza Bastami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8349ACFE-EE3A-489F-9CB9-132808440FE6@microsoft.com... How can I use Excel to cal...

Money 2002 to excel 2000 on Win98SE
Hi, I am a Scout leader here in Canada. The previous person in charge of our troop's finances used Microsoft Money 2002. I don't have any financial software. I was told there is a converter to take a .mny file and bring it into Excel. The file is from Money 2002 and I have Excel2000 on a Win98SE machine. Can someone point me toward this converter if it exists? I've found the converter for Money 98 but none of my searches have turned up anything for Money 2002. All help is greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Gerry wrote: >Hi, I am a Scout leader here in Can...

Excel 2000 SR-1Add-ins
I recently installed Office 2000 Pro on my new XP machine. Everything runs fine but occasionally I'm instructed to insert the "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional" disc to add a function I want to use. At first I was puzzled so I just inserted my regular program disc. Each time, the machine accepted the response and moved on, presumably installing whatever it was looking for. While rooting around among some older CD's this morning, I found the exact disc that the program has been calling for. Now I on't know what to do. 1) Should I insert this SR-1 patch now and jus...

How to insert subscripts and superscripts in data in excel
How do i get a button or command to use subscripts and superscripts in excel. I can get the shortcut in word but not excell. Thank you Ginwithtonic Have you tried highlighting the cell, Format, Cell, Font, Superscript / Subscript? Carole O "Ginwithtonic" wrote: > How do i get a button or command to use subscripts and superscripts in excel. > I can get the shortcut in word but not excell. > Thank you > Ginwithtonic While not the same as Word, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's addin: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/supersub.htm Ginwithtonic wrote: &g...

Single-cell array calculation bug in Excel?
This is driving me nuts - I hope someone can help. Here is a simplification of the problem: A B C D E 1 Item Amount Item Type 2 Banana 11 Apple Fruit 3 Apple 22 Banana Fruit 4 Brocolli 33 Brocolli Vegetable 5 Apple 44 6 Brocolli 55 7 Total 165 8 Total Fruit 165 I want the total of only Fruit in a single cell. If I array-enter the following formula in a single cell (B8): =SUM(IF(VLOOKUP(A2:A6,D2:E4,2)="Fruit",1,0)*(B2:B6)) it produces an i...

Problem Editing Macro in Shared Excel File #2
Hello group: I have a question regarding a shared Excel file with a project that I am past a deadline on. Some time ago I created an Excel file and enabled sharing so that others wouldn't be able to change the macros within it. I have now run into the problem of having to change something within a macro....how do you make it so that you can do this? This file I originally created on my computer before I formatted it, so I don't know if that makes any difference as far as for identification purposes (since I had a different computer name and user name). The file was created with Win 20...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...