how do i do an alphabetical list of songs for a booklet

i need to do a booklet of song titles for karaoke booklets but thgey need to
be done in alphabetical order, any ideas what i need ?
0
melodie (2)

use  Word document

--
davidm
davidm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20645

All you need to do is enter the song titles into a column in Excel and you
can use the DATA -> SORT command to sort them in "ABC Order".   Can you tell
I have a school age child?

"melodie" wrote:

> i need to do a booklet of song titles for karaoke booklets but thgey need to
> be done in alphabetical order, any ideas what i need ?
0
BarbR (262)
5/31/2005 2:20:08 PM
Whether you use Excel or Word, make your entries in any order, then us
the Sort Function to put your entries in Ascending order.

note:  "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover"  will come -before- "All Of Me".

Printing in booklet format is definitely easier in Word!

HT

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522

You could do this in Access, Excel or Word.  If you were going to do this in
Excel, just type each title (in any order) then use the Sort feature to sort
the list (Data, Sort).

Judy Freed
Systems Development
UNC Charlotte

"melodie" <melodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i need to do a booklet of song titles for karaoke booklets but thgey need
> be done in alphabetical order, any ideas what i need ?

i have word but i dont know where to find the sort function, im a bit dim
when it comes to computers !!! please help my brain hurts ...lol.

"swatsp0p" wrote:

> Whether you use Excel or Word, make your entries in any order, then use
> the Sort Function to put your entries in Ascending order.
>
> note:  "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover"  will come -before- "All Of Me".
>
> Printing in booklet format is definitely easier in Word!
>
> HTH
>

> --
> swatsp0p

> swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375228

0
melodie (2)
5/31/2005 11:10:30 PM
In Word, on the Main Menu at the top, click Table then select Sort...

HT

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522

Create a Group Mailing List
I have created mail groups in the past, but now cannot. I have also read all the directions on this message board, but nothing works for me. Help! Why can't you? Are you missing the buttons on the toolbar? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, ...

Allen Browns List files recursively
this is a query relating to allen browns List files recursively contribution via http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html brilliant contribution, works really well. the only issue i have is the full path and filename are displayed in the list box, so my list box needs to be the size of the screen to view full path. Is there a way to just get the listbox to display the filename to the user but to also keep the filename and path hidden so that the double click hyperlink still works to open the documents?? On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 04:56:04 -0700, StuJol <StuJol@discussions.microsoft.co...

Personal Distribution List
Hello All: Is it possible to hide the membership from the Personal Distribution List (the one setup in Outlook Contacts folder) in Outlook 2003? Thanks. no, because AD/Exchange doesn't really recognize the PDL...if you need to send email to a PDL and not have anyone know who it went to, use the "bcc:" field line to address it... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <ocean> wrote in message news:%23LmbXe2AHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello All: > > Is it possible to hide the membership from the Personal Distribution List > (the one setup in Outlook Contacts...

Booklet
We are using a Ricoh Aficio MP C6000 printer/copier. I am trying to print multi-page booklet on 8 1/2 X 11 paper, folded in the center with two staples in the center using a Catalog template. When you open up the publication, it is like opening a book with information on the left side and more information on the right side and you keep turning pages. No matter what we do with the set up, we cannot get the publication to print correctly. If I select Booklet, we get 4 pages on a side. If I select Duplex, it shrinks it down. If I leave everything as is, it won't duplex. When we d...

HOW TO DO -INPUT FORM WHERE DROP DOWN LISTS OPEN OTHER LISTS TO SE
Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch can start out with one type, then tree down to more specific types they must select. An example is at: http://www.accessmvp.com/Arvin/Combo.zip It uses listboxes but the code is the same. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "tnahowru" <tnahowru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24CFD905-A4F3-4B5D-81FE-2704B8BB6FA5@microsoft.com... > Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch > can...

Lists
We are two dj`s who have gotten together and we need help with our music collection lists. I have a list of the complete uk music chart consisting of Artist, Title,Chart Position, Year We also have 2 lists of our music collection of records,cd`s,md`s and mp3`s Artist,Title,Cd Title,Format,Quality We would like to add the chart position and year (from the 1st list) to our music collection list, without manually going through it all copying and pasting Is this possible (However my friends list is not 100% spelt accurate and may include duplicate songs on different media etc) Is it still po...

No drop down list type-ahead?
I've added a drop down list which pulls its list data from another worksheet, this all works exactly as expected, except there is not type-ahead feature. For example, if the list contains the following entries: ABC DEF GHI JKL I would assume once I typed in 'D' in the list, 'DEF' would be displayed. Is there any way of enabling this? The customer requires this as their list may contain a few hundred entries and they do not want to scroll through the lists to find an entry. Thanks. David Depends on how you create that dropdown list. If you use the combobox from t...

Errors List re: Excel XP?
Anyone have a comprehensive of Access 2002 error messages and solutions that they would be willing to share? Also, what about advisories i.e., "to avoid this - do that" type of information? What ever information I receive, I will compile and share with others in the group. Thanks in advance! Dennis dmburgess@ameritech.net ...

Making a White list in 2003
Hi, Please can someone please point me to any info on how to setup a Whitelist in Exchange 2003. We only want to recieve mail from pre approved senders. Secondly is there a way of having a standard auto reply stating our policy to senders that are not in our white list. Many Thanks, Jack... Exchange doesn't do that by default. You'd have to add some other antispam solution between Exchange and the Internet, I believe. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jack Ryland" <JackRyland@discussions.microsoft.com>...

When I reference a cell in a separate list, I am unable to sort that list and keep the reference. Any suggested solutions?
I have noticed that when I reference a cell (eg, in worksheet 1) from a list (eg, in Worksheet 2) in another spreadsheet, and then sort the list (in Worksheet 2), that I lose me reference (in worksheet 1). Does anyone know how I can alter the reference, or user settings so that I can avoid this problem? Thanks for any suggestions! Hi Mike Instead of pointing to the cell in the second sheet, can you make the entry a Vlookup of some value from the other sheet. Then it will find the correct value, even after sorting. For example, if column A of Sheet1 had Names, and column B was using your e...

Contact List
How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax #, it lists the contact twice on my main list? It's because there is no Outlook 2004. The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers. There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you automat...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

More on Alphabetize
My apologies for a badly written question. I have Excel Workbooks for each of 12 months (e.g. Jan. 2004 Daily Figures). They are in a Folder in My Documents named '2003 Daily Figures', in irregular order. I can Drag each but not Drop it where I wish it. Is there a way to Alphabetize the 12 Excel entries within a My Documents Folder? Sure. Rename them to 01-2004, 02-2004, etc. **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "Old ...

Master Category List
I there a way I can have everyone Outlook pull the Master Category list from the Exchange server or is this something that must be maintained at each workstation? More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:OZdKAmthEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I there a way I can have everyone Outlook pull the Master Category list >from > the E...

How do I make a "mailing list" and send to all those on the list
I use Outlook 97. How do I make a "mailing list" and send to all those on the list? Also how do I send an e-mail so I know when it is read? TIA Jack Go to File, New, Distribution List. Name the distribution list and add the names you want on there. To track an e-mail, go to Tools, Options. Click on the Preferences Tab if necessary. Click on the E-mail options button. Click on the Tracking Options button and click next to Request a read receipt so that there is a check mark in that box. Bonnie >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 97. >How do I make a "...

Corporate Contact Lists
Hi, Can someone give me some pointers or a how-to on setting up shared contact lists and making them visible to groups of users. In particular it would be good if I could assign them to the users at the server end rather than having to instruct the users in how to go an open them. TIA Steve "runningdog" <runningdog@reply.to.newsgroup> wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone give me some pointers or a how-to on setting up shared contact >lists and making them visible to groups of users. > >In particular it would be good if I could assign them to the users at the >...

finding common numbers in large lists
Hello, I have two large lists of numbers (on two seperate worksheets). By large, I mean that one list is 1000+ numbers, and the second list is 3000+ numbers (each number is in its own cell). The numbers are of the form: xxxx.xxx (that is, they are precise up to three places after the decimal) 1) Is there some quick way that I can find the numbers that are common to both lists? 2) Is there a way I can find the numbers in common to both lists using only the whole number portion (diregarding what comes after the decimal of each number)? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...

An alphabetically sorted list of findings...
I have been building on a converter between two systems. The goal hav been to find which twelve "Skills" is followed by the highest value and then create a list out of the top twelve. It may look somethin like this: Climb Heal Craft: Electronics Listen Performance: Dance Craft: Art Knowledge: Physics Drive Knowledge: History Diplomacy Sleight of Hand Knowledge: Geology Hide Move Silently What would help me a great deal would be if I somehow could build separate list of cells gathered from this list, searching for specific word, such as "Knowledge:&...

Combinning Multiple Lists
I am trying to combine three different lists into one without bein limited to the space between the number of the lists. For example: Fruit Veggie Meat Orange Carrot Beef Pear Eggplant Chicken Apple Broccoli Veal Lemon Cabbage Lime I want the three lists to become one like this: Orange Pear Apple Lemon Lime Carrot Eggplant Broccoli Cabbage Beef Chicken Veal Having quite a hard time on doing this. The real hard part is that th lists have variable lengths. And would perfer to not have a limit o the length of the lists. Than...

Alphabetize?
With a list of topics by the month (e.g. July 2004 Daily Numbers), how can they be alphabetized? Perhaps one way .. Assuming you have in col A, A1 down July 2004 Daily Numbers July 2004 Weekly Numbers August 2004 Daily Numbers August 2004 Weekly Numbers September 2004 Daily Numbers September 2004 Weekly Numbers etc Put in B1: =MID(TRIM(A1),SEARCH(" ",TRIM(A1),SEARCH(" ",TRIM(A1))+1)+1,99) Copy down Col B will extract the text-string after the "Month Year" string Use col B as the key to sort both cols A and B Alternatively, Try Data > Text to colum...

distribution list has reached the maximum size
I was creating a distribution list from contacts and got the above error message. Is there any way to expand the size I am running exchange 2000. It would only allow 166 addresses in my distribution list. this is the limit for personal distribution lists...if you need a bigger one, it needs to be created by the Exchange admin as a mail-enabled group... "dsikirica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3F9F9E8-87E2-4056-AA60-EBE9230482A7@microsoft.com... > I was creating a distribution list from contacts and got the above error message. Is there a...

Body Text paragraphs within a List Style ?
Hopefully I will explain my question clearly. ;) If one has created a list style in MS Word 2008, how does one include "in that list" some paragraphs that are in one's Body Text style but are based on the indent rules of the list style? In other words, I start a list with list paragraph number 1. but after the first sentence I'd like to include several paragraphs with a style consistent with the list paragraph but not a new list number. Hope that is clear. Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hi Norm: Investigate the "List Continue" series of ...

how does a viewer read a hyperlink list?
I've attached multiple web links to a shape and when I view full screen and click on the shape I see "Hyperlink List" in a box. I've tried several methods of getting to those links with no success. ...

Drop down lists #2
Can you help me - I am trying to make a drop down box - where a user can select from a list of information what will go in the box -- my list is in a sheet labeled sheet and I labled the table in the name box as "Standards" --- I went to my master data base highlighted the row I want the drop down box to appear - then I used the --- DATA - VALIDATION - LIST - and input the name STANDARDS into the source box and clicked enter -- now instead of getting the list when I check the box -- I get the word STANDARDS in my drop down box - can you help? Thank you Katherine ...

alphabet tabs
I am trying to create a draft a dictionary-type document where I would have a tmplate with a letter for each page (i.e. A,B,C....X,Y,Z). Then I could readily select a page where I could add an item or word for a specific letter (i.e. quickly go to M or P or Q) On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:31:02 -0800, David Glover <David Glover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a draft a dictionary-type document where I would have a >tmplate with a letter for each page (i.e. A,B,C....X,Y,Z). Then I could >readily select a page where I could add an item or word for...