How do I display shading of cells on the Web in Excel?

I would like to distinguish adjacent cells from each other using patterns or
something other than color. Color works well for the display on the web page,
but when the document is printed on black and white printers the color is
lost.
0
web1 (6)

one way is to use conditional formating and borders
such as
formula is =(mod(row(),2)=1)*(mod(column(),2)=1)
 border all around for format
may do what you want

"Shading cells for the web" wrote:

> I would like to distinguish adjacent cells from each other using patterns or
> something other than color. Color works well for the display on the web page,
> but when the document is printed on black and white printers the color is
> lost.
0
BJ (832)

Return a cell refernce based on a value
I have a value in worksheet A which is "x". In worksheet B column A have a list of values i.e. a,b,c,d...x,y,z and in column B I hav values relating to those in coumn A i.e. column A row 1 value is "a column B row 1 value is "apple", column A row 2 value is "b" and colum B row 2 value is "balloon", how do I get teh first worksheet to rea the value in one cell, find it in column A of the other worksheet an give back the value on teh same row in column B? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the VLOOKUP function =VLOOKU...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

link excel with access
Is it possible to link Excel with access such that any changes made in Excel will also occur in the access database? In other words, I need to maintain a 2-way linkage between the 2, but I want all my data to reside in the database, not the spreadsheet. I understand that creating a Linked table in Access would accomplish the linkage I want, but it creates problems when I link that table with a Visio drawing...which is why the data needs to stay in the Access DB. Anyone have any suggestions? I know that vba will accomplish this, but I am not an expert in that field. Any help would be appre...

Dual Displays

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

Folder could not be displayed

Dynamic Range Based on Cell Result not Empty Cell
I use dynamic ranges in excel. I use them to name ranges that vary i size due to varyin data. For example, I may dump data in F2 which ma span 3 rows or 100 rows. I use the following formula to name th range: =OFFSET($F$2,0,0,COUNTA($F2:$F65536),1) However, I now want to define the range based on the cell result. Tha is assume that I have a constant formula from F2 to F102. However th cells in the column either have a number in them or a "" in them. Th formula above will automatically size the range to F2:F102 becuas there is a formula in every row. How can i write a formua...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

How to select & display distinct values

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

In nameing a sheet in Excel it puts a .xls] in front why?
Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not know why Did you try to put brackets around the name? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZE" <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com... > Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not > know why Remove the bracket or other illegal character(s) from the workbook name. In article <C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com>, EZE <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Display Time in Outlook

autofilling cells
say i have a in A1, b in A7, c in A9 how do i insert a in A2 - A6, b in A8 and "c" in A10 - A21 TIA Hi Select your range of cells in column A. Edit / Go to / Special / Blanks. Type = and then press up arrow. Then hit Shift Enter. If you are happy with this result, select the range again and Edit / Copy then Edit / Paste Special / Values to fix the values in place. Andy. "John Smith" <a__@abv.bg> wrote in message news:uZuZ1$8FEHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > say i have a in A1, b in A7, c in A9 > how do i insert a in A2 - A6, b in A8 and > "c&q...

Activate my Excel 2003 but it still runs in reduce mode
My Excel 2003 is showing that it's activated but it is still running in reduce mode. what I'am doing wrong? Rightclick on the excel icon on the windows taskbar (usually at the bottom of the screen). Choose Maximize. Maybe it's just off the screen (not really minimized--just off the screen). atomicesar wrote: > > My Excel 2003 is showing that it's activated but it is still running in > reduce mode. what I'am doing wrong? -- Dave Peterson ...

PK and FK Displayed

Microsoft Web Access E mail
This is a quirky problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a remote home office in the NE and I work for a facility in NC. I receive and send my E mail through Microsoft Web Access Mail. So another words, I type www.xxxxxxx.net/outlook. I get a dialoge box, put in my username and password and up comes outlook. OK. The problem I have is that in the body where I type my e mail message I can not right click to do things like Copy and Paste. I click on the "right" mouse button and nothing happens at all. I simply can not right click. If I right click anywhere else on t...

reading data from Excel Sheet
hi, i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i read it. i don't want to create any DSN thank you, regards, koti You can use the Excel.Application com object -- Satish "Koti" wrote: > hi, > > i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i > read it. i don't want to create any DSN > > thank you, > > regards, > koti > > > ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

How do I shade a region between two selected points on the x axis?
In a line graph of monthly unemployment rates over many years, economists like to shade a region between 2 selected months (x axis) in order to denote a recsession. How can this be done in an Excel chart? Hello: I am sure that someone very cleaver will tell you there is an automated way to do this. But given the irregular nature of the data, and not frequently the easiest way to do it would be to dislay the drawing toolbar. Now choose the rectangle shape and draw the area you want high lighted. Once you have the area you want covered, right click the rectangle and choose format autosh...

Web Services install error
Hi everyone, I keep getting the following error when I try to install web services or econnect. Error Number = 25001 Error Description = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'VOIDED'. Error Source = eConnectInstall90.LoadProcs.AddSQLStoredProcedureLine Number = 240 I have the Web server and SQL Server on separate machine. Does anyone know what the problem is? When I try to install web services on the web server, i get this message. When i install econnect on the sql server, i also get this message. thanks, nick I finally figured it out. It ha...

Stop displaying a line