How do I determine the size of an excel worksheet?

How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel
2003 file? The Properties featue only tells me the size of the whole file.

Hi
not directly supported by Excel. One workaround: Export this sheet to a
separate workbook (with only this sheet) and measure its size

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"rajivsahib" <rajivsahib@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:7031AE58-EB7A-44CD-9AF5-940BD47DAA8B@microsoft.com...
> How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office
Excel
> 2003 file? The Properties featue only tells me the size of the whole
file.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/1/2004 8:50:43 PM
This will give you the filesize from a typed name in a cell such as

 myfile

Sub filesize()        'FOR SELECTED
  If ActiveCell.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
    MsgBox " FILE SIZE IS " & Format(FileLen(ActiveCell & ".xls") *
0.0009767, "0") & " KB"
  End Sub
The only way I know to get an accurate sheet size would be to make a copy
without the sheet and subtract.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
> Hi
> not directly supported by Excel. One workaround: Export this sheet to a
> separate workbook (with only this sheet) and measure its size
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "rajivsahib" <rajivsahib@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:7031AE58-EB7A-44CD-9AF5-940BD47DAA8B@microsoft.com...
> > How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office
> Excel
> > 2003 file? The Properties featue only tells me the size of the whole
> file.

0
Don

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Excel found unreadable content 11-17-09
I recently was upgraded to Excel 2007, when I try to open my spreadsheets that have large pivot tables I get the Excel found unreadable content error I can click on yes to recover however my pivot tables are no longer pivot tables they are just the values in a cell. If I open up the spreadsheet in Excel 2003, no error and the pivot tables are still functioning. Any ideas what I can do? ...

Window Size
I'm using a report utilities to export a report form to a word document. When I press the export button on the form, it changes the window size to smaller than the allowed maximum. I don't want that report form to change in size. Is there a way to stop this? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Client Access Download To Excel
We have some files that are downloaded using Client Access (actually using RTOPCB) onto a network folder. In another Excel workbook we need to import the data from these (Data / Import in Excel). This works fine for some of the downloaded spreadsheets, Excel brings up the Select Table and then Import data windows, but for some of the other files it brings up Data Link Properties and thinks I am trying to link to an Access Database. I have no idea why this is happening, all of the files have been created in the same way using RTOPCB. Now if I open one of the files that I have problems with a...

configurable graphs in excel
Greetings. I'm looking for some way to be able to vary on the fly the X-value which are on a graph I have. X-values go from 0 - 200, I want the user to be able to input into on cell min X value, and into another max X value, and the graph resize accordingly. Not sure how to do this, so any help appreciated. K -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FunChrt7.zip at http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm might be of interest. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Import from Excel
I have an ASP.NET (VB) routine that imports a lot of data from an Excel spreadsheet into a OleDbDataAdapter, and then into a database table. The import has been working fine until now, but my latest spreadsheet has a column that can be either completely numeric or alphanumeric. As long as the first row contains alphanumeric everything is fine, but the latest spreadsheet I received contained completely numeric data in the first 10 rows. This caused some of the alphanumeric data to not be read in. I have been using IMEX=1 in my connection string which fixed this type of situation I had when ...

excel
How do I insert something from Excel to Publisher? Mail Merge? Are you wanting to insert a worksheet? Insert, Object... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7179EFFC-C972-41E4-80F2-AD44B4AEE672@microsoft.com... > How do I insert something from Excel to Publisher? Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. It's a worksheet. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Mail Merge? Are you wanting to insert a worksheet? Insert, Object... > >...

Is there any limit for the size of std:string???
Hi, I made some code that compresses video data. And It lookes OK if I compress data very much (few bytes) and not so well if data is not compressed at all (many bytes). I have there a lot of variables but I think there is something about std:string. Is there any limit for the size of std:string??? Your question vary vague, but the answer to the question "Is there any limit for the size of std:string?" is (as far as I know) computer memory. My concern is that std:string is not a very good medium for holding video data, since a 0 will terminate the string! And I am pretty sure th...

Determine columns used
I have 100+ spreadsheets which i have to edit into a certain format. The spreadsheets currently have 100 columns (from 1-100). From there i have to reduce the number of columns set to 8 columns. E.g: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (from column 9 onwards, it goes to the 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 next rows' column 1) 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 How do i do that without altering the order of the value of the cell? Let me make sure we understand the question. You have ...

Opening excel 2003
When I try opening up Excel 2003 is opens up all of my documents that I have in my folder "my documents". It doesn't matter whether they are word or excel files. I then have to wait or click ok because if it is a word document it tells me it's not the correct format to open the document. I have tried uninstalling/installing excel to see if it would fix the problem but it hasn't. Word 2003 does not do this so I am at a loss as to why excel is doing this. Please help if you can, this is very frustrating. Sound like you may have the path to your "My Documents&...

Linking cells from differnet worksheets.......How?
Please bear with me here, I know and understnd very little about Excel. I have gleaned and created a few work sheets, [time cards that I morph into monthly statements for clinets, and monthly + annual gross statements for myself], pretty simple stuff. I have done this by copying and pasting formulas from templates downlaoded off the net. Sort of self eduacted if you will. So what I am missing, and after is a fromula, to link the monthly total from a clients time sheet/statment to my monthly statement. Is there a "hotlinking" formula, [or a template to copy it from], that I ca...

Excel 97 conflict?
Im using Excel 97 with Windows XP Pro operating system. Whenever ever I open an Excel document I get a warning on screen informing me that I cannot open two documents with the same name and that I should either close the first document or rename one of them. The problem is I haven't got the document open or any document with a name like it open. This does not happen if I open Excel first and then open the document. Has anybody any ideas what is going on and if there is a fix for it or is it a case of one being to old and the other being to new Thomas Hi see: http://www.context...

Routing using Excel
I have created an Internal Purchase Request form using Excel. After completing the form and exiting EXCEL, the document is routed to recipients within the organization. One user is experiencing issues in which the 1st time around, the document does not route, he has to make a 2nd attempt. I cannot figure why this is happening?!? Thank you. ...

Scaling Embedded Excel Objects
I have a document to be used as a template. In it I have several embedded links to that all direct back to the same excel spreadsheet. When I create a new copy of the word doc to fill in and then re-path the links to the new copy of the excel document the view of the excel document changes and some of what I am looking for goes out of view. How can I scale the view inside of the embedded object? Save your document as a template and create new documents from it. If you Paste Special your link as a bitmap, it will retain the appearance of the original Excel segment when you upda...

PST file size is bigger than its actual folder's size
Hi all, I've recently noticed a problem in my outlook.pst file, when I choos the properties of the personal folders and check the folder size, th total file size (including subtitles) is 10MB, but when I check th outlook.pst on my HDD, the file size is 35MB. I've noticed that outlook is getting slower day after day. anyone can help please? thnx Joh ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com What version of Outlook? If it is XP, you may need to com...

cant read my excel, its just jumble of numbers and symbols!!!help!
Hi, I am trying to download a manual from the internet but when i do it just downloads into jumbles of letters, symbols and numbers. I know its probably easy to fix but I just cant seem to hit the right button. I hope someone can help me Thanks "Gypsy33" <Gypsy33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58B8C604-18C9-4C58-829F-0D6245932A89@microsoft.com... > Hi, I am trying to download a manual from the internet but when i do it > just > downloads into jumbles of letters, symbols and numbers. I know its > probably > easy to fix but I just cant see...

Macro to pasting a chart from excel into publisher.
I write a weekly newsletter in Publisher that uses several charts created in Excel. I want to automate the process of moving the charts into place or in Publisher. Have you tried Insert, Object? You might post your question in Publisher.Programming -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "shamrock1955" <shamrock1955@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2EBD521-D19F-45C6-9045-D6541030B8CD@microsoft.com... >I write a weekly newsletter in Publisher that uses several charts created in > Excel. I want to automate the process of moving the charts into place...

copy graphs from excel
hi, ok i tried several times but no luck so far. I generated several pivot graphs in excel. I want to put them into MS word. I tried copy. But then excel overflows, probably because it also copies the underlying data. I just want to copy the graphs into word without waiting for a very long time and the memory of my computer floating over. Is there any way? thanxs in advance cheers len If you select your area to copy in Excel and hold the Shift button, the Edit menu will have the Copy as Picture command available. In Word, you can then simply Paste (CTRL+V), and it will paste in a scalea...

Maximum Database Size Reached
All I am running MS Exchange 5.5 sp4. My Information Store has just shut down due to the Database size reaching its maximum. I am about to follow the Knowledge Base article 185457 which explains that i need to defragment the database to try and reclaim some free space. I will run eseutil /d /ispriv Is there anything else that I should look out for? At the moment I am running an offline Backup in case my defrag goes wrong. Any help/sugestions greatly appreciated. Kevan After you start IS make sure that IS Maintenance is set to always, Deleted Items Retention is set to 0 days, conv...

Page size for the background= Page size of the first page of the drawing
Hi all How do I set up a formula to have the page size for the background page=page size of the first page of the drawing ? I know I have to set up the "PageWidth" to somthing like this: PageWidth=Pages[1].PageWidth but it doesn't work. I am getting an error. Any clue ? I have to mention that my idea is to set a template for a page which has the size the same as the drawing has. The problem is that I need to locate let's say the logo of the company always down in the left corner of the page.The page's size could be changes according with the size of the drawing so th...

Decrease size of a worksheet so it has fewer than 64,000 rows?
I do not need for the worksheet to be so big. How do I decrease the size, not just delete the data from the rows. sophy A worksheet has 65536 rows and 256 columns, no less and no more. You can hide the rows and columns you don't use, but they will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:14:01 -0700, sophy2 <sophy2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I do not need for the worksheet to be so big. How do I decrease the size, not >just delete the data from the rows. If you or someone accidentally entered information in the last row or so you could ...

size the splitter panes
Dear members: In my program , I am using a splitter class to split the main window and i dont want to size the pains i am splitting the window into 3 parts. and the code like this CreateStatic(pParent,2,1); m_pwndSplitter = new CSplitterWnd; VERIFY(m_pwndSplitter->CreateStatic(this,1, 2,m_dwStyle, this->IdFromRowCol(1,0))); VERIFY(CreateView(0,0,m_pFirstView, m_FirstViewSize,m_pContext));((CTop*)(GetPane( 0, 0 )))->m_viewports = m_pwndSplitter; VERIFY(m_pwndSplitter->CreateView (0,0,m_pSecView,m_SecViewSize,m_pContext)); VERIFY(m_pwndSplitter->CreateView (0,1...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

Excel stop
I have stop errors in stations whith office 2000, excel's whith links to reuters or bllomberg applications. Any idea? What do you mean by stop errors. If you are tied into a service are you still subscribed, were data formats changed, did you change anything in Excel. Do these applications have a support newsgroup or support desk. Do these applications have names and why are you thinking it is an Excel problem rather than an external application. If they are external applications and you contact the vendor they will want to know why you think it is the application so you want...