How do I determine how many pages my excel workbook is?

I have a huge excel worksheet and I want to determine how many pages it will
be.  Is there a way to do that?

I also have separated this document into 8 or 9 worksheets.

Thanks.
--
- RP -
0

Group all the sheets you want to check  then use print preview,
if you are showing the page number on the printed pages you will see the total on the last page.

Don't forget to ungroup your sheets when finished or risk severe damage to your workbook
as any change made to a grouped sheet is made to all sheets in the grouped sheets.

To group sheets,  select first sheet then hold shift and select last sheet,  or right click
    on sheet tab and choose  select all sheets.

to UNGROUP sheets when finished,  right click on sheet tab and choose  Ungroup Sheetsl

---
HTH,

"RP2chil" <RP2chil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C2F48F-6129-4E28-A463-3E1853BFF97C@microsoft.com...
> I have a huge excel worksheet and I want to determine how many pages it will
> be.  Is there a way to do that?
>
> I also have separated this document into 8 or 9 worksheets.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> - RP -

Excel found unreadable content 11-17-09
I recently was upgraded to Excel 2007, when I try to open my spreadsheets that have large pivot tables I get the Excel found unreadable content error I can click on yes to recover however my pivot tables are no longer pivot tables they are just the values in a cell. If I open up the spreadsheet in Excel 2003, no error and the pivot tables are still functioning. Any ideas what I can do? ...

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Fit to Page
When using Page Scaling, I want to force the pages wide to 1 and use as many pages as necessary for length Are you looking on how to get there? <File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab, When you click on "Fit To 1 Page Wide", Make sure you delete anything in the "Tall" box, so that it's empty. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Simon Shaw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB60...

Import from Excel
I have an ASP.NET (VB) routine that imports a lot of data from an Excel spreadsheet into a OleDbDataAdapter, and then into a database table. The import has been working fine until now, but my latest spreadsheet has a column that can be either completely numeric or alphanumeric. As long as the first row contains alphanumeric everything is fine, but the latest spreadsheet I received contained completely numeric data in the first 10 rows. This caused some of the alphanumeric data to not be read in. I have been using IMEX=1 in my connection string which fixed this type of situation I had when ...

configurable graphs in excel
Greetings. I'm looking for some way to be able to vary on the fly the X-value which are on a graph I have. X-values go from 0 - 200, I want the user to be able to input into on cell min X value, and into another max X value, and the graph resize accordingly. Not sure how to do this, so any help appreciated. K -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FunChrt7.zip at http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm might be of interest. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Client Access Download To Excel
We have some files that are downloaded using Client Access (actually using RTOPCB) onto a network folder. In another Excel workbook we need to import the data from these (Data / Import in Excel). This works fine for some of the downloaded spreadsheets, Excel brings up the Select Table and then Import data windows, but for some of the other files it brings up Data Link Properties and thinks I am trying to link to an Access Database. I have no idea why this is happening, all of the files have been created in the same way using RTOPCB. Now if I open one of the files that I have problems with a...

Data aggregation with multiple workbooks
I am currently setting up a workbook. In this workbook I have a data input sheet where people would fill out information. Multiple people will be filling out this worksheet. What is the best way to aggregate the data among multiple workbooks. -- Kad On May 10, 2:39=A0pm, Kadco <Ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am currently setting up a workbook. In this workbook I have a data inpu= t > sheet where people would fill out information. Multiple people will be > filling out this worksheet. What is the best way to aggregate the data am= ong > multiple w...

Determine columns used
I have 100+ spreadsheets which i have to edit into a certain format. The spreadsheets currently have 100 columns (from 1-100). From there i have to reduce the number of columns set to 8 columns. E.g: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (from column 9 onwards, it goes to the 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 next rows' column 1) 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 How do i do that without altering the order of the value of the cell? Let me make sure we understand the question. You have ...

Publisher 2000 page control bar has disappeared
Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Re: Microsoft Publisher 2000: When I opened an 18-page document that I'd been working on for days, the page control bar was missing. I opened several other multiple-page documents and there was no page control bar on them either. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I can get from page to page using the View menu, but that's tedious. How can I restore my page controls? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:19:28 +0000, j3hop wrote (in article <05A78478-7371-4593-9DA8-E9873DDF5C65@microsoft.com>): > Apologies if this is a duplicate ...

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

can Excel help to "count" votes...?
Hello, I have a fairly limited knowledge of Excel, but I'm wondering if someone can help me use it for a somewhat novel task. I have a website where I've demo'd some graphic art pieces and have asked viewers to vote for their favorite 5 out of 26 pieces. I got 25 votes, so I've got 5x 25 results, which I've entered in columns labeled "1st place, 2nd place... " etc. I'm wondering if Excel can help me "choose" the most popular art pieces somehow; or else generate an out put of an ascending or descending "popularity" scale; somehow m...

Page numbers don't appear in subreport
Hi all, I have a simple problem with a report. In the page header of the report I list page x of z in the usual fashion. However, the report contains a subreport and if that subreport runs into multiple pages the main report page header doesn't print the page number on those pages. Any ideas to force the main report page header to print on every page even if the only data on the page is from the subreport? Dannasoft wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a simple problem with a report. In the page header of the > report I list page x of z in the usual fashion. Ho...

how to determine the size of the sheet
Hi I had a collegue who told me once a way to dtermine the number of the rows in a sheet of the workbook I am working at. It is known that when you open a new workbook each sheet has maybe 65365 or something like that rows. MY QUESTION IS: HOW TO MAKE THE SHEET 1000 ROWS OR WHATEVER NUMBERS OF ROWS I ONLY NEED? Thanks in Advance, Ahmed Hi Ahmed The number of rows and columns are fixed. Your workaround would be to hide the ones you consider unneeded. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ahmed SHEBL" <ahmad.shebl@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:%231uFO3IcHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP0...

how many PC's can I download Money 2006 into?
Does someone know into how many PC's I can download a version of money 2006? I bought it last year and downloaded online, but my PC crashed last week. Now I was looking to see if I could just go to a msn.com/money and download it again for free since I already paid for it last year. thanks for your help. In microsoft.public.money, EP wrote: >Does someone know into how many PC's I can download a version of money 2006? >I bought it last year and downloaded online, but my PC crashed last week. Now >I was looking to see if I could just go to a msn.com/money and download i...

Dynamically determining when a month ends
Hello all, Ok, I have a simple excel spreadsheet, where I keep track of my spending on one tab, my income in another and my summary in a thrid. My problem happens when I try to dynamically calc. avg's for months in the summary page. For instance, if I want to see how much money I spent on average per month, or even per day, I draw from the data entered into the spending page. Now, the spending page is set up with the following columns: Date:: Description:: Amount The problem with this is that I can't predefine a max row # for each month, since I might have 80 entries in spending...

Centering Web Pages
Does Microsoft Plan on making any changes to this feature? I am really disappointed. I have used other products that were easier to use and don't have this problem. I have spent several days builing a site that looks stupid all shoved to the left. -- 2parrots Please understand that Publisher is a desktop publishing program first and foremost. You're taking advantage of an additional capability. If you're looking for a program that's easier to use for websites, consider FrontPage. (Purely my opinion) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "2 parrots&qu...

How do I determine
I have X number of rows that show employee names and a column (A2) that lists the value of products sold by each employee and I want to pay them a percentage based upon value of sales. For example: If they sell up to =A31,000 worth of products, I will pay them 3% of the value. Between =A31,000 & =A32,000, I will pay them 5% of the value Over =A32,000, I will pay them 10% of the value The amount paid to them in commission will be show in column (A3). Many thanks D.Haste darren.haste@ttt.co.uk "Hastey" <darrenhaste@sky.com> wrote in message news:6a0a4fa9-adcd-484a-80...

Updating GAL from Excel?
Hello all, Can anyone recommend a tool for updating a global address list from an excel spreadsheet? Im not sure if such a thing exists but this would be a major convenience. I have an excel spreadsheet with my entire corporations address information and the execs would like to rely on the GAL for finding contact information. This would take me hours to do manually and having a tool or a script that can import or update fields would make the labor much simplier. I appreciate your responses. Keith. On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:41:03 -0700, "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microso...

Excel files reporting read only
I have an issue where a user I provide support for is being told that a file that has not been opened for a couple of months is reporting as being locked for editing by the last user to save the file (in some cases these users no longer exist on our network). When you check the open files on the server, these files are not showing as open. If teh user clicks to close, and then immediatley re-opens the file it opens as normal. There are no temporary files in the folder that the files are located in and I have cleared the temp folders on the client and on the server. The user has full control...

Excel 2002 Charting on a rolling basis
Excel 2002 I have created a Line graph to plot data over 52 weeks. The x axis is Weeks and the y axis is Hours. The graph is a separate worksheet.I want to graph the data on a rolling basis so that each time i enter data, the graph only displays the current week and the previous 4 weeks, so being on a rolling basis and the graph not being cluttered. Hi have a look at http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoLast12 for creating dynamic charts -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

How to show a field for Many-One-Many relationship (Report Writer)
In the Tax Transaction report, I wish to show the "Vendor Document Number", but the result showing duplication of records, suspect the report result cause by the Many-One-Many relationship of those tables. In the Tax Detail Transaction Report contains a list of Receipt Numbers (POP) that involving tax, and this report showing the Vendor ID and Vendor name, but it do not have "Vendor Document Number". So, I added a new relationship in order to show the "Vendor Document Number" which can be found in the PM Transaction Open File. Due to the relationship ...

how do i get negative numbers in brackets in Excel
i find i cannot enter negative numbers in accounts in brackets but this is the accounting convention is it hidden in excel or do i need a plug in Hi Maverick, Enter numbers using the minus symbol, but format your cells: Format => Cells => Number [tab] and in the Type box, enter "#,##0.00_ ;[Red](#,##0.00) " (without the quotation marks). Ewan. "maverick accountant" wrote: > i find i cannot enter negative numbers in accounts in brackets > but this is the accounting convention > is it hidden in excel > or do i need a plug in ...

page numbering #15
Can I add a suffix to a page number such as "1a" or "1.1"? Yes, View, Master page or Background, depending on the version. The numbering will have a # symbol. Put the text either before the # or after. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Banker" <Banker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0708E7D-BAAB-4BD4-A940-3E7BF2C8A938@microsoft.com... > Can I add a suffix to a page number such as "1a" or "1.1"? "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Yes,...

Excel Printing Problem
Hi folks, I am trying to use the "Print area" and "Print Title" selectors on the Sheet Tab of Page Setup but they are greyed out. How can I make them active. I have the same problem on two different computers each running Office 2000 Pro and one with a Windows 2000 Pro OS and the other with a Windows XP Pro OS Any tips on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance Doug You probably try to do that from the Print Preview menu. Doesn't work. Use File>Page Setup instead. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "John" <eewrwe...

How many years?
Hi! In main form I have two textboxes, txt1 and txt2, with dates. The 3td textbox has in ControlSource: =([txt1]-[txt2]) Return a number. How is possible to return a number of years between them, please? Thnaks in advence. an On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:57:00 -0700, an wrote: > Hi! > > In main form I have two textboxes, txt1 and txt2, with dates. > > The 3td textbox has in ControlSource: > =([txt1]-[txt2]) > > Return a number. > How is possible to return a number of years between them, please? > > Thnaks in advence. > an =([txt1]-[txt2]) will return th...