How do I delite empty workbooks in Excel

Would anybody please explain how to delite empty & non emoty workbooks !

To delete an empty sheet

1 Select the sheet tab and press the right mouse button.

2 Select Delete.

To delete non empty sheets, follow the above instruction, please ensure that
you have taken a backup prior to delete, as you may not be able to bring
sheets deleted n error.

HTH

"alexguzvica" wrote:

> Would anybody please explain how to delite empty & non emoty workbooks !
0
Pank (119)
5/18/2005 7:34:02 AM
Workbooks are saved as a file.

Open Windows Explorer, find the files and delete them.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:16:04 -0700, "alexguzvica"
<alexguzvica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Would anybody please explain how to delite empty & non emoty workbooks !

0
Gord

Importing Excel Spreadsheet with hyperlinks
Is there an easy way to import Hyperlinks that are created in Excel into Access? I am creating an Access database instead of using Excel - there are several hundred hyperlinks in the excel spreadsheet. When I import the spreadsheets, the link does not import properly. I have to edit every single hyperlink. Please tell me there is an easier way to do this! Thank you ...

Excel #145
How to convert a name which is typed in capital letter to Proper in excel? Hi Krishna, A1: KRISHNA B1: = Proper(A1) ====> Krishna --- Regards, Norman "Krishna" <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6530664C-C609-48F1-BC93-C2391978EAB6@microsoft.com... > How to convert a name which is typed in capital letter to Proper in excel? ...

How do I paste data into filtered list in Excel?
I'm trying to copy data from an unfiltered list and paste it into a filtered list. I want the data to be pasted into the filtered rows only but they are pasted into the hidden rows as well. Is there a function I can use to get the data pasted into the filtered rows only? When you paste, the data is pasted in to a contiguous range, even if the sheet is filtered. Perhaps you could use a new column to mark the filtered rows, unfilter, sort on the new column, and paste into the marked rows. DanBomb wrote: > I'm trying to copy data from an unfiltered list and paste it into a filt...

bookmarking in Excel
I'd like to be able to jump to a specific spot in a spreadsheet which has been saved as .htm. For exapmle, I'd like to be able to use HREF="stuff.htm#books" to jump straight to a spot containing books in the stuff.htm spreadsheet. I've named ranges and thought that would solve the problem. I don't really want to have to open up the spreadsheet.htm and manually insert these jump-to locations every time I save the spreadsheet anew. If you are a guru of posting spreadsheets to the web, please help. Thanks - Bob Arrgh! I just went through the spreadsheet and...

XMLTransform converts short empty tags to empty long tags

Is this possible with excel?
Hi, I wondered if any of the excel experts could tell me how to do the following if it is possible... Column A is a Time formatted column and Column P is a number formatted column as per the example below.... A P 13:20 4 13:20 6 13:20 6 13:20 8 13:20 9 13:20 10 13:20 11 13:50 2 13:50 3 13:50 4 13:50 5 13:50 6 13:50 8 14:20 1.25 14:20 1.75 14:20 3 14:20 3 14:20 3 14:20 5 14:20 6 14:20 7 What am I trying to do automatically either with a macro or by programming is as follows: Highlight by formatting the bg colour of the cell green the top four values in column P fo...

Excel drop down list and referencing data
I have produced a costing sheet for our staff with a drop down list of materials. When an item is selected I also want a price to be inserted in the column next to it. How??? Thanks for anyones help in advance. Mark Hi probably VLOOKUP is what you're looking for. See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark Krull wrote: > I have produced a costing sheet for our staff with a drop down list of > materials. When an item is selected I also want a price to be > inserted in the column next to it. How??? > > Thanks for...

how stop deleted emails reappearing in inbox after emptying trash
I cannot permanently delete my emails - can anyone tell me what I should do to get rid of them permanently? I delete, empty trash, but next time I enter Outlook and press send/receive they all come back! If you're getting your mail from a POP3 (Internet) mail server make sure the Leave mail on server box is unchecked here (in OL2002/2003): Tools menu > Email accounts > View/Change existing email accounts > Highlight your account > Click Change > Click More Settings > Advanced tab "AC Southwark" <AC Southwark @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Cleaning up Excel workbook for import/conversion to Access
Think I just bit off more than I can chew, but anyway, here's the problem. I am trying to convert an Excel spreadsheet into and Access database. It's supposed to do Purchase Orders, Invoices, and Quotes. The spreadsheet does, sort of. the spreadsheet is about 70+ columns wide. This in and of itself is not an issue. What's screwy is this looks like an "accretion spreadsheet" that has been gathering layers of complexity over the years. Its basic purpose is to determine a sale price for a given item, by summing various fees or whatever that add to the cost of buying an...

Deleting empty rows
How can I easily delete empty rows on a huge worksheet (other than sorting)? (Excel 2007) Felix Use filter. Or Select blank rows by using Edit->Goto->Special->Blanks, option and delete "Felix" wrote: > How can I easily delete empty rows on a huge worksheet (other than sorting)? > (Excel 2007) > > Felix ...

Help! Inserting numbers in excel cells
I am typing up tickets for a raffle and there are already over a thousand cells. I now want to insert numbers to them so that when they print, each ticket has a number- 1 thru 1,500. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Molly ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Are you using Excel? Are you printing 1 ticket per sheet? You can stick this in the Workbook_BeforePrint event: Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") + 1 -- Greeting from the Gulf Coa...

Problem with VBA code not running in Excel 2003
Hi All, I have recently developed a sheet which checks the distance between 2 postcodes and then outputs results to another sheet and sorts them by distance (closest to furthest). This works perfectly in Excel 2007 (which I developed the sheet with) but when my collegue runs it in 2003 the code for the sort fails. The code is: Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort.SortFields.Clear ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("F7"), _ ...

Servers and Excel
I have a few excel files on our server that when I open them, work on them, and then try to save them, somehow the original is purged from the server and office tells me it has saved the file as a temp file and assigns some random number as the file name (e.g. 7121100). I can sidestep this issue by saving the document to the local drive and then copy and pasting it to the server folder, but I was wondering if you've ever seen an issue like this or have any ideas as to what may be causing this issue. When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no...

Excel MATCH Function
I'm not sure how to go about this, but I have an array with some data and Want all the numbers associated with two criteria. I've tried double matches, Index, combo of both. I have two combo boxes, One for State, one for MAnager. BAsed on which state and manager is picked, I want all the location numbers associated with that choice. Any suggestions? Sal- Col A Col B Col C NJ TODD 12118 NJ TODD 12119 NJ COLIN 12120 NJ COLIN 12121 NJ COLIN 12122 NJ COLIN 12123 NJ COLIN 12124 Criteria1 Criteria2 Desired Results NJ TODD 12118 12119 Criteria1 Crite...

How do I create a watermark on an excel work sheet?
How can I create a watermark on a n excel work sheet and also change the background color? Thank you, Sue See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "sue" <sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387D92C2-8F29-4346-AFC9-2F52073C42ED@microsoft.com... > How can I create a watermark on a n excel work sheet and also change the > background color? > Thank you, > Sue ...

Excel doc to pdf...
I have 2 excel docs, each containing 5 worksheets. These range in size from 8 columns to 14 columns & I need to make them all a uniform width before creating pdfs of them to put into a page layout program. I've adjusted column widths & the scaling to get them to the size I want, printed out a page to check the size & all looks fine. The problem is that the pdf I create is wider than the excel doc. Even stranger is the fact that this has worked fine on all other 9 worksheets between the 2 excel docs! What could be causing this & how can I fix it?!?!? Might be worth c...

my excel spread sheat has sized itself to a small window unadjusa.
when i opened my spread sheet this morning it had a window smaller than usual and i cannot adjust it or move it there are no buttons on the top right side , so minimising or maximising is not an otion It sounds like the workbook is protected. Tools|protection|Unprotect workbook (You may need a password) (it's close enough to the option for protecting the worksheet, so maybe it was a slip of the mouse.) stephen wrote: > > when i opened my spread sheet this morning it had a window smaller than usual > and i cannot adjust it or move it there are no buttons on the top right ...

How do I eliminate empty cells from plotting on chart
How do I eliminate empty cells from plotting zeros on my chart? I am working on a simple chart that plots weight loss on Y axis and date on X axis. I plot my weight values that I record once a week. The data series is part of a spreadsheet that records diet information on a daily basis. However, because the series of values had six empty cells between weight values, the chart shows each weight value okay but in between you see six zero values. When displaying the chart I go to tools options/chart tab and under plot empty cells as, I click on Plot empty cells as not plotted, and Plot v...

excel viewer problem
I was emailed a very important xls file which I realy need to access. I downloaded the excel 2003 viewer but when trying to install I'm told that I neen a newer version of Windows. I still run Windows 98 and have no plans to go to XP yet. Can anyone suggest how I can possibly open this file? It's really urgent. Thanks in advance, Chris. thelottery(removethis)@iol.ie I have an old Excel 97 Viewer that I'll email you if you like. It is about 4 megabytes. I don't know whether it will install under Windows 98 but I'd guess that it would. -- Jim "cmac50" <...

Clipboard go empty when unprotecting sheet !!
Hello, My problem is that in my code I unprotect the sheet and furter down the sub, I try to pastespecial. However, the clipboard go empty when ActiveSheet.Unprotect come... I can't "paste first" or in an other way change order, because the pastespecial is generated by a Application.OnKey "^v", "FormulaPaste" and the Sheet.Unprotect is inside an event witin another macro that starts when you activate the sheet. Any solution? Ive searched everywere ... Imbecill, CutCopyMode gets turned off my many things when the clipboard contains an Excel object. To ...

templates for excel xp
Where can I get additional templates for my excel program. Thanks Raymond There are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx And don't forget google. I bet there's a few you could find there. Raymond Ellis wrote: > > Where can I get additional templates for my excel program. > Thanks > Raymond -- Dave Peterson ...

I can't adjust the window size of an active workbook.
I opened my workbook and it was 1/4 the size of the screen. I can't drag it back to full size, I can't maximize it. I am able to make changes in the workbook but it remains 1/4 the size it should be. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Hi Julie check that workbook protection hasn't been turned on - tools / protection / unprotect workbook ... Cheers JulieD "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F19E662-B912-452C-85B3-29EE6DF118A6@microsoft.com... >I opened my workbook and it was 1/4 the size of the screen. I can't drag &...

Question about empty cells
Greetings, I am curious about using empty cells in formulas in other cells - if I leave a cell empty, is "empty" treated as a special state, or is a value of 0.0 (or some other null value) implicit? It's not a big deal, I'm just wondering about computations in other cells that depend on cells which could be empty. I think I get the same result if I leave the cell empty, or if it has a 0.0 value in it. I could, if I wanted to get picky, set up my function to recognize a legitimate zero and take a different result if there is actually a 0.0 there instead of the user leaving...

Can not run Macro written in Excel 2003 on Excel 2002
Hi all, I have recorded the following Macro .... Sub Paste_TSR() ' ' Paste_TSR Macro ' Macro recorded 27/01/2005 by WayneF ' ' Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteColumnWidths, Operation:=xlNone, _ SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats, Operation:=xlNone, _ SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False End Sub Basically it just paste's the clip board content's to the given posit...

Any way of importing into Excel??
http://www.thomsomlocal.com Help!! I work for myself and regularly need to mail differing types of businesses and for which I get the contact information from a web site as per the top link. It has all businesses by area and trade but I find it very very cumbersome to print page out and copy type into my Excel database set up. Does anyone know if I could copy the information and paste straight into Excel in a more usable format from which I could then generate address labels? Would be so grateful for any help. Ken Ken, If the information you copy from the website is always in the sam...