how do I delete numbers without deleting formulas

In excel 2003 how do I delete a column of numbers without deleting the
formulas in the column?
0
junkie (1)

F5>Special>Constants.

Use the option buttons to select what you wish to highlight for deleting>Ok

Edit>Clear Contents.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:13:02 -0700, "Emmaus junkie" <Emmaus
junkie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In excel 2003 how do I delete a column of numbers without deleting the
>formulas in the column?

0
Gord

products expected to grow 1.56% create a formula
Sales of products in february are expected to grow by 1.56% over January sales, create a formula. Example : January 143 E=MC^2 Not original, but a nice formula none the less. Homework? Sounds like a homework question, best left for the student to solve? A clue, any value multiplied by 100% + an increased percentage will result in a value that represents the original value increased by the growth percentage. All formulas in Excel begin with the = symbol. Formulas may reference other cells and literal values. If this isn't a homework question - "Marquin" wrote: >...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

How can I copy a formula where the referenced cells have an assoc.
I want to copy a formula where the cells have an associated range name but all I get is a repeat of the original formula. I want to have formulas where the cell references change as the formula is copied. That is the purpose of Named Ranges. They do not change. They are not relative. Say Namedrange is A1 =Namedrange * B1 will change to =Namedrange * B2 if copied down column C, but Namedrange will remain the value in A1. On another note.......if your cellsrefs like B1 are not changing to B2, B3 etc. perhaps you have Calculation on Manual mode. Check Tools>Options>Calculation. ...

Adding note numbers to cells
I would like to be able to add printable cross-references to individual cells in Excel for Office 97 (or later). The references should appear as small text, such as a superscript in the corner of the cell. I can achieve an effect close to what I desire, by adding a "Comment" to a cell. The Comment would be just the cross-reference, and would be resized small as desired. But even if I set comments to "Show", they only appear on the screen but I want the effect to be printable. Help?? Thanks very much -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Oh God, forg...

Delete macros

Can't separate formula parameters with a comma
I have a very weird problem. For some reason I cannot call any functions that require more than one parameter, because office doesn't like the comma between the parameters. Even though a comma is what you must use between parameters. The tooltip also comes up with a space between parameters instead of a comma. The error message is: Microsoft Office Excel found an error in the formula you entered. I desparately need help with this. I have reset the user profile to the default settings using the profile wizard, and I have even tried reinstalling Office. Nothing has worked. Please help...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...

how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel?
how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel? Hi Daniel, If they are Excel dates they represent the days and fractional days past Dec 31, 1899 if using the 1900 date system. So if you just have dates they have no fractional components and you just subtract the earlier date from the later date for the number of days. So it doesn't really matter if it is Excel or VBA same method. A1: 1998-11-28 B1: 2005-07-11 C1: =B1-A1 format c1 as number: #,##0 otherwise you will see: 1906-08-13 in VBA something like either of these, n...

Extracting the number from a text
Hi, In a cell say C3, the value is such as S9(09)V(05). the value of that cell might be in one of the following format: (1) S(9)V(5) (2) S9(09)V(05) (3) S9(9)V(05) (4) S9(09)V(5) (5) S(11) My requirement is: i need to get the numbers extracted which, is present before & after the letter 'V' & enclosed in parantheses. In some cases, the letter V may not be there. (for ex: point 5 - here, only one number is there ie.11) This extraction should happen ONLY if the cell E3 has the value "COMP-3." Thanks in Advance. Venkatesh V First number: =IF($E$3="COMP...

Deleting an email

office 97 box id number
Having problem with Office 97 pro...need to reinstall. Program asks for 1d on crystal box. Been 4 years since purchased, have no box. PC shows registration number. More numbers than asked for. How do I contact Microsoft to obtain number? Been thru site and only paid site accessible. Supposed to have 4 free inquiries. ...

#Deleted