How do I create a list of sequential numbers using Excel or Acces.

I am trying to generate a list of numbers, incrementally increased to my
specifications.  I absolutely  hate the idea of having to do these
myself....is there a way to have Excel or Access generate this list for me?
0
clueless (27)

There are all kinds of ways of doing this, but what are your
specifications, and restrictions.

Increment by one
insert a 1 into cell A1    or a formula  =ROW()   into cell A1

place 1 into cell A1,  drag down with right mouse button,   fill series

place   =ROW() * 5 - 1      into cell A1
drag down with mouse, or
drag down with right mouse button,    fill values   (still be formulas)

If you have a value to the left,  or if none then cells with values on the right,
you can double click to  fill-down,    more information on
    use of the fill handle in
     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

Then, of course,  if you know what you want and where you want it
you could do it in a macro.

HTH,

"Clueless" <Clueless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> I am trying to generate a list of numbers, incrementally increased to my
> specifications.  I absolutely  hate the idea of having to do these
> myself....is there a way to have Excel or Access generate this list for me?

0
dmcritchie (2586)

create a roster

Default Price Lists
Hi Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice. Many Thanks I need to do the same thing. It's driving me nuts trying to get around it! If anyone can help, that'd be great. Mark Braithwaite wrote: > Hi > > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? > > I would greatly appreciate any suggesti...

So many Tunnel Adapters
Hi, I understand that Tunnel Adapter LAN is for encapsulating IPv6 packets with an IPv4 header so that they can be sent across an IPv4 network. Few queries popped up in my mind based on this :- 1. Why is the numbering for the Tunnel adapter LAN not sequential ? It is like 6,7,12,13,14,15,16. A strange numbering scheme ?! I tried to figure it out by thinking of some arithmetic series. But, it does not seem to fit in. There is a huge gap between 7 and 12. Any ideas ? 2. What is the need for so many number of Tunnel Adapter LAN connection ? Can you tell me a scenario that re...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

VBA Question
Hi, I have a form with a combobox control that list some sizes. They are: 12 18 20 22 I have another text box for keying a custom size, such as 12'2". What I would like to do is have the combobox default to the next size (in this case 18). Here's the code I have used so far (it does a little more than what I am asking for but to give an idea): Dim MCUST As String MCUST = Me.custwidth If Str(Me.widthck) <> Me.custwidth Or Len(Me.custwidth) <> Len(Me.widthck) Then Me.widthck.Value = Int(Val(MCUST)) + 1 If InStr(Int(Me.widthck) / 2, ".&...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Task Create - Status

Print Autocomplete list
I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete list. Is this possible? A reference to a helpfull article or tutorial would be appreciated. TIA There's this tool which may help: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h99lja$fdl$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of > viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete > lis...

Distribution List Max Number of Recipients
Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5 Thanks. "L. Wagoner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5? It's somewhere in the vicinity of 5,000. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

How to use the Shell and Windows (Sample wont work)
I tried running the vbscript example For the ShellWindows.Item Method, as posted at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb773970(v=VS.85).aspx But I get an error message: Line: 16 Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'shell.Shell_Application' Code: 800A01AD Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error I'm trying to run the example in Vista 64 Bit. If anybody has any suggestions about where I could learn what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it very much. thanks again, marceepoo Here's the code.... (P.S. ...

Excel Open and Close
I have a problem, whereby sometimes after closing Excel and then looking on task manager the excel process is still running. When opening excel again all that appears is the menu icons and the grey surrounding the actual spreadsheet. No actual spreadsheet appears. Needless to say it is also locked up. If I close that spreadsheet, and also end the process for one that is running in task manager, upon opening excel again it is fine. I've tried doing detect and repair, but this doesn't help. It is also intermittent as I guess only 50% of the time closing excel will still leave the process...

Need to store a customer's shipper number
We often ship orders to customers using their UPS or FedEx acocunt number and would like to be able to store the number in GP rather than ask the customer for the number and communicate it to shipping with each order. Does anyone have any ideas about where it would be best stored rather than a Ship Method? There are two User Defined fields on the Customer Maintenance Window, or you can use the "I" Internet information window for the Customer to store in the User Defined fileds in the internet information window. If you use the internet information window then you will need to use...

Using the highlighter
In the old Office programs you could highlight something in yellow (like you would with paper & highlighter). I'm using Excel 2003 and I can't find that option any where. Does Office still have this feature and where or how can I find it. I want to print a name & address list with some names highlighted. Please help! That was/is in Word, not Excel, AFAIK "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D37D9306-8502-4762-A858-4BC4B18C4CC6@microsoft.com... > In the old Office programs you could highlight something in yellow (like > you ...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Continuous form record number
I have a form whose default view is 'continuous form'. Then when I click a button I need to delete the record where the mouse is (was just) placed. How can I find out the record number? Alternatively any idea is welcome. Thanks Henry "H. Martins" <hjrmartins@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4ab14e1-51c6-4c16-8a78-bc7df76670de@k31g2000vbu.googlegroups.com... >I have a form whose default view is 'continuous form'. > > Then when I click a button I need to delete the record where the mouse > is (was just) placed. > > Ho...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created