How do I create a hyperlink from a button on a worksheet?

Is it possible to assign a hyperlink (to a web page) to a button on the
worksheet?

I added a command button to a sheet but found there's no provision to add a
web link and I'm not sure sure what syntax to use for a macro.

Thanks for any info.

Ian

0
sorry (37)

Hi, Ian,

right click on your button, select view code,

paste this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink
Address:="http://microsoft.com", NewWindow:=True
End Sub

(lines 2 & 3 are really on one line)

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)
6/3/2004 9:48:20 PM
Jeff

You're a star

Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm very grateful to you.

Ian I^)

"jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Ian,
>
> right click on your button, select view code,
>
> paste this:
>
> Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
> ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink
> Address:="http://microsoft.com", NewWindow:=True
> End Sub
>
> (lines 2 & 3 are really on one line)
>
> jeff

0
sorry (37)

create a roster

Unwanted Hyperlink
When sending email, all URLs are doubled and "HYPERLINK" is added in front of the link. Cannot find how to stop this. Help appreciated ...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

I cant find my send button
Does anyone how where the send button is?? Check and see if your views are correct. When you have a new message open, click view, then toolbars and make sure there is a check mark next to the word standard. That should bring up the toolbar with the send button Angela >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. > >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. >Look on your Toolbar for ">>" and a down arrow. If you hold your pointer on it, it should say "more buttons." Click on...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How do you print an Excel worksheet to show the rows and columns?
I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document that will show the rows and columns, rather than just the information. How do I do this? In Excel 97 (later versions will, I assume, be similar) click File - Page Setup. Then select the "Sheet" tab and in the box labelled "Print" will be a checkbox labelled "Gridlines". Check that and print it. Peter "Michaelangelo" <Michaelangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A635EBC2-AB49-45D8-803D-5C2E91ACDDAC@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document th...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

XP style IE Toolbar Buttons
Hello to all, I m creating a toolbar for IE (ATL DLL). I implemented XP style using manifest file. It works fine. But i have a problem after XP style conversion, my buttons height has been increased. Before XP style button size was (height,width) ~ (22 , 81). After XP style it become (30 , 87). But my toolbar width is same is 22. due to this buttons are not fitting on toolbar and buttons bottom is greater than toolbar bottom edge. can someone plz help me how to solve it Thanks in advance ###Harish Kumar Dixit### ...

Access unable to create an MDE

protecting a group of cells not a whole worksheet
I would like to protect a group of cells and not a whole worksheet but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I think this would be the best way for what I am wanting to do. I have a spreadsheet that I send to 13 people. They make changes and send back to me and then I have to up-date the changes. If I could protect all the cells except for the one they enter in - then I could save the file on a shared drive and it would eliminate me up-dating. Is there a way to do this? Hi select the cells for which you want to allow entries. After this goto 'Format - cells - Protection&...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...

How do I change the number of columns and rows in a worksheet
How do I change the width and length of a worksheet. I need a worksheet with more colums and less rows You can't change number of rows and columns. Excel have 65536 rows, and 256 columns. For most calculations it is far enough. You can hide columns and rows, but you can go above this limitations. "SteveK" <SteveK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94694EDB-50AE-46A4-9371-FF1450AEC095@microsoft.com... > How do I change the width and length of a worksheet. I need a worksheet > with > more colums and less rows You upgrade to Excel 12 when it...