How do I create a form with drop downs that narrows choices?

Hi.

Imagine I have 10 brands, 5 sizes, 5 states, etc.

Brand 1 has size 1 and 3, and is in states 3,4 and 5
Brand 1 has size 4 in state 1
Brand 2 has size 3, and is in states 1,2 and 3

I would like to set up a form or template with drop downs that enable you to
choose a number of selections (brand, size, state, etc.), and return a
specific value in each column.

So, if the columns are brand, size, state, you choose brand 1.  The only
options in the size column/drop-down menu would be 1, 3, and 4.  If you
choose 4, the only choice is state 1.  If you choose 1 or 3, you have the
choice of 3, 4 or 5.

Any ideas?
0
Joeglobal (1)

You may want to take a look at how Debra Dalgleish does it with Data|Validation.

--

Dave Peterson
0

create local copy (of only some cells) of spreadsheet on network
Folks, Our office has a workbook having monthly schedules of tasks for th team. There is a workbook for each year, and each workbook has 1 worksheets - for each month. Each workbook contains months from Jan t Dec. So basically there is a workbook - Schedule2004.xls contains 1 worksheets Jan04 to Dec04 The first row in each worksheet contain the names of team members a headings - Date, Mike, Dale, Peter, Angela etc From the second row is the data, for ex as shown below Date Mike Dale Peter Angela 01/01/04 coding coding testing documentation 02/01/04 coding codi...

Transfering form data
I have a form used to search and display information about a person. That data is stored in table A. A command button allows me to open another form where additional data is entered about that one person. That data is stored in table B, which is linked to table A through an ID number (not autonumber). The second form collects and saves the data, via a "Save" command button just fine, however, how do I also include the person's ID number and name in table B? I have tried an append query at the time of save, but it does not work. Would an unbound form work better? Thank you...

Drop down *buttons* in toolbars
How can I create drop-down (or pull-out) *buttons* in toolbars? All the examples I have found tell me how to create a drop-down *menu* - which isn't what I need. You can see examples of this in MS Word (for instance the border toolbar button). Thanks in advance. Sandeep What you see in Word is not a toolbar. That functionality(pull out menu) is not included in common controls. You will have to develop it yourself or buy some 3rd party library such as www.codejock.com etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Sandeep Pulla" <bogusami@hotmail.com> wrote in me...

Modeless User Form Is Blank
I want a modeless user form to appear, then my program does some work (clearing the screens of all drawing objects, which takes a while), and then the user form to unload. I've gotten this to work, except that the user form is completely blank and white. The label control with my message doesn't show. I've tried DoEvents before showing the form, repaint in the form initalize (as suggested in other posts on this topic), and this doesn't help. What controls did you add to the Userform using the toolbox in the VBA wndow menu? You should add either a Label or Text ...

Importing Leads & automatically creating an activity for a user
We’re just getting started with MS CRM 1.2 and I’m trying to figure out how to automate the lead import and activity assignment process. I’m importing 100 leads a day (advertisement mailers) into CRM and I want to create phone call activities for a user/salesman at the point of import automatically. I also need to keep track of when the lead’s mailer was mailed. How can I do this? Thanks, Mark You can create a workflow rule using workflow manager. Yuu can set if for a lead create event and then automatically create an activity which will be attached to the lead. To track when a ma...

How to determine the number of visible items in the drop down of a CComboBox
Hello, Is there an easy way to determine how many items are currently visible in the dropdown list of a CComboBox. (I dont need the total number from GetCount) Thanks Seems to me you could use GetDroppedControlRect() and GetItemHeight() to figure it out. Tom "D Smith" <kingospam(no spam)@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:hMednT_XFcqHj67eRVn-2A@adelphia.com... > Hello, > > Is there an easy way to determine how many items are currently visible in > the dropdown list of a CComboBox. > > (I dont need the total number from GetCount) > > Thanks...

Adding a Contact to the invoice form
I'm trying to add a field to the Invoice form that will be used to store a contact-id for the person who placed the order (this is a diffrerent contact than the one inside of the account) I know how to add attributes to the invoice form, but the attributes screen does not allow you to add a contact-id. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. ...

Error when launching Access Forms
1) I do not understand what's wrong with my forms which always have this error message: "Your Microsoft Office Access Database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'LDDateTm.ocx' version 1.0". I've checked the links in form that uses a macro to control a button action. The macro is supposed to OpenForm(), GoToNewRecord() and Close(). 2) The next error is: "The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'Hugo'. You tried to run a Visual Basic procedure to set a property or method for an object. However, the component d...

Opening a Form Erases Data from Table
Good Day!! I have a very wierd problem here. i have a form that is bound to a table with some bound textboxes, and some non-bound text boxes, etc... nothing out of the ordinary. but when i open the form, the bound boxes are blank, and it erases the data in those fields in that table! it only erases the bound data... what i am doing - fairly simple operation... i have a form that has a listbox of records supplied by the same table (i was thinking that might be the problem...). the user selects the item they want, and the clicks a button. then, using the unique key selected, it opens th...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Cannot create a Universal Security Group in AD.
Hello all, I have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I am trying to set it up to host two domains. In order to do this, I need to setup a group to use. This group is required to be a security group that grant permissions and be able to send mail to my second domain. I created a new OU in AD users and Computers. When I tried to create the group under this OU, I found that the universal button is greyed out. The group scope can be 1. Domain Local, 2 . Global, and 3 Universal while the Group Type can be Security or Distribution. I want to select Universal in Group Scope and Security in Group ...

Customising forms.
Hi all! Is it possible to customise the phone call, etc forms in CRM? regards Jan It is not supported. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all! > >Is it possible to customise the phone call, etc forms in >CRM? > >regards > >Jan >. > No. The next version will have this and is slated to be released in about 6-8 mos. <jan@eprime.co.za> wrote in message news:910801c43369$327caa30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all! > > Is it possible to customise the phone call, etc forms in > CRM? > > regards > > Jan Off course who you want. Go...

Creating a hyperlink
I'm trying to insert a hperlink to a SmartArt. Is that feasible? Also, is there a way to change a color background of a page? When I click background, i'm only able to put a picture. I don't know about the Smart Art huperlink but for the background color open MS Paint of similar. On a blank canvas select a color then use the fill icon to fill the canvas with your color. Save As a *.jpg Use that as your background picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:34:01 -0800, Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to insert a h...

Form Problem in Outlook 2007
When trying to just publish a new form, getting error "Cannot publish the form because of a MAPI error. The operation failed." Recently switched from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. Running Office 2007 with all current updates. This is happening to multiple users on multiple PCs. Where are you publishing the form? (Organizational Forms Library, Personal Forms Library, An Outlook Folder [e.g. Inbox], .etc) "TA" <TA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8448066-191B-4C61-A6D8-8372CBA07D3C@microsoft.com... > When trying to just publish ...

Auto number records when a form opens
Hi, I have a table that contains fields: Title, Location, etc. and a number field. Is it possible than when I open a continious form that displays the data from the table that the number field would be changed to reflect the order of the records in the form? In other words for the first record the number field would have the number 1, second record the number 2, etc. I'm looking at having various forms sorted by the different fields and I want the records in each form to start with the number 1. This may be strange, but there is madness behind my interest. Thanks for you...

creating a win32 dll
Hi, I created a win32 dll. I declared a function like __declspec( dllexport) void testFun(void); My calling program looks in the dll for a function _testFun. Which compiler directive or compiler switch I have to add to export the function _testFun? thanks in advance steffen YOu don't. By declaring it __declspec(dllexport) it is automatically exported. Note that you must include the .lib file for this DLL in the link of its clients or the symbol will remain unresolved. Note also that if the Win32 DLL is a .c file (not .cpp) you will also have to declare it in the header files as exte...

Skipping over a section of a form

How do i create a macro that saves the filename that is equal to a cell in the sheet?
How do i create a macro that saves the filename that is equal to a cell in the sheet? -- Chukka ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chukka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29365 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491092 with activeworkbook .saveas filename:="C:\myfolder\" & .worksheets("sheet99").range("z99").value _ & ".xls", fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal end with No checking at all! Chukka wrote: > > How ...

How do I add input data in the input ranges in drop down boxes.
I have a spreadsheet that was sent to me that has drop down boxes with data that you can select and it is link to other drop down boxes. I would like to add additional data in the drop down box range but cannot find where you add additional data to select in the drop down boxes. Thanks, Charlie If the dropdown lists are created by Data Validation, you can select the cell, and choose Data>Validation. In the Source box, you'll see the range where the list is stored. If that's not it, right-click on the dropdown list, and choose Format Control On the Control tab, you'l...

Creating a Report from Landed Cost
Hello Great Plains Gurus! I am attempting to create a custom report in RS2005 to show estimated landed cost VS actual landed costs as well as if the landed costs for each shipment, and I am having a hard time understanding the data structure in order to join the receipt tables together. Basically all I need to get started is a query/or generally how to relate actual Receipt Numbers for landed cost invoices to the Receipt Number of the original shipment. IE I have RCT00216 that is the actual shipment receipt and RCT00220 that is a Landed cost that I am applying to the shipment receipt. I wo...

Referring to control on a Sub-form
How do I refer to a control on a sub-form in the query grid? JimP wrote: > How do I refer to a control on a sub-form in the query grid? Assuming a sub-form only one level deep... Forms!Tom!Dick.Form!Harry ....where... Tom = Name of the parent form Dick = Name of SubForm control ** Harry = Name of control on the child form ** Note that the actual name of the child form is not included in the above syntax. This is a common source of confusion. In many cases the name of the SubForm control on the parent form is identical to the name of the child form it displays, but that is coi...

Passing a form name to forms collection subroutine
I am trying to create a subroutine that will set some properties on the specified form. Can someone help me with my forms collection syntax? I want to be able to pass the form name to the subroutine. This subroutine will be used multiple times which is why I don't want to place custome code in each form. Can anyone help? Below is an example of what I am trying to do. Sub DisableDelete(strFormName as string) 'Disables record delete on specified form forms(strFormName).DisableDelete = True End sub OPar wrote: > >I am trying to create a subroutine that will set som...

Error sending info fill in form.
I made a site with a fill in form and the info will be send by email to me. I works fine when in publisher, but after uploading on the webserver I get the 404 error. This is the address at that moment: http://www.ctrackindonesia.com/index_files/--WEBBOT-SELF-- (try at www.ctrackindonesia.com) Bart Publisher 2003 Here is an article that might help: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139179932.188307.303040@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I made a site with a fill in form ...

Positioning Popup form
Hello, Is it posible to position a popup form relative to the position of a textbox on a form? I have a popup called [Numpad] which positions itself based using the Load Event, with the calling form maximized. If the calling form isn't maximized, obviously it will be in the wrong position based on those coordinates. So when I enter the textbox form [Numpad] is opened and positions itself with this proedure: Private Sub Form_Load() If Not IsNull(OpenArgs) Then Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer i1 = CInt(Parse(OpenArgs, 1, "-")) i2 = CInt(Parse(OpenArgs, 2, "-...

Is there anyway to create a MS Access form and share it?
I would like to create a form at home and then get it to the office for use. Is there anyway, tricky or otherwise, to use a form which was not created on the pc it will be used on? The database has changed since I emailed myself the database to use, although it is the same database, it just has new entries... Thanks! Catherine -- CatherineDiane "CatherineDiane" <CatherineDiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4C3FB3B-2D0A-4912-BA6D-1A630D4C1E39@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a form at home and then get it to the office for >use. > I...