how do I count the number of times a word is repeated in a range?

0
Sol (12)

Adapted from Dave Peterson's fine earlier post...........

=SUMPRODUCT(LEN(A1:C101)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1:C101),UPPER(D1),"")))/LEN(D
1)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"sol" <sol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
croberts (1377)
7/14/2005 1:10:57 AM
Try here

http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=235
or here
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/kblist.php

Hope this helps

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287

sol Wrote:

I use =COUNTIF(D10:D100, "YES"). It works pretty goo

--
Ltat42
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Downloading Bank Transactions Multiple Times (MSM2003)
If you download transactions from your bank (or whatever) multiple times -- say downloading all transactions several times a month -- will Money (2003 in my case) recognize that this has been done and ignore the duplicates, or will it just require matching and/or reconcilliation each time. I'd like to keep my Money records up-to-date (i.e., not wait to the end of the month) without having to keep track of which transactions have or have not been downloaded. Currently, I download to a file all transactions for a given statement cycle each month on or after the statement closing date. This...

Pivot table and counting.

Import text file from MS Word into MS Publisher.
I have created a text file in Word and a photo file in Publisher and would like to merge the two. When I imported Word, it seemed to be totally separate from the Publisher document - 7 pages of Word and 8 pages of photos. I want the Word pages to precede the Publisher pages. How is this done? >-----Original Message----- >I have created a text file in Word and a photo file in Publisher and would >like to merge the two. When I imported Word, it seemed to be totally >separate from the Publisher document - 7 pages of Word and 8 pages of photos. > >I want the Word pages ...

Cycle Counting

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

increase icon size in quick acess tool bar, Word
how do I increase the size of the icons on the quick access toolbar in word. The icons are too small to see. All you can do is decrease the resolution of your monitor, or use the magnifying tool in the Accessibility options in Windows. On Feb 11, 9:12=A0pm, blanik <bla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I increase the size of the icons on the quick access toolbar in wo= rd. > The icons are too small to see. ...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Linking a defined range to a picture in PowerPoint
Hi, I know this is a long shot, but I'm hoping SOMEBODY has the answer.... I need to create a power point presentation that links to an excel workbook. The reason I need to link it is because the numbers will change monthly, and the presentation is distributed monthly. So, I need to create a presentation that will: 1) have excel worksheets in it that link to defined ranges in a workbook. 2) HOPEFULLY have the Pow.Pt. worksheet appear as a bitmap (if not thats ok) 3) allow the Pow.Pt. SS (or the picture) to link to the SS so that the image will change every month. I know it'...

Count

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Line count

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

subscript out of range error
My program went down with on error in the code. I fixed that error an tried to re-run it. When I go to re-run the program I get a subscrip out of range error when I try to open a worksheet that I know exists. If I close the workbook and re-open it the subscript out of range erro doesn't show up. Below is the code. With Worksheets("ListBox Data").Range("A2") workbook_row_cnt = Range(.Offset(0, 0) .End(xlDown)).Rows.Count For i = 0 To workbook_row_cnt - 1 If .Offset(i, 0) <> "" Then sales_group_cnt = sales_group_cnt + 1 End If Next i End With ...

Counting sales

Auto date range updating in Charts
I would like to know how to write a formula that can be typed into an excel chart's category labels box and series values boxes to search for and update ranges to a specific range, such as one year's worth of row entries. In this way, each time a new date and set of entries are made into the spreadsheet, the accompanying chart would update to the new range (last date). I have tried using named formulas to accomplish this, but I have so many spreadsheet in the workbook, that this becomes unwieldy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Hi Dave, > I have t...

Pasting text from Word 2008 into dreamweaver
It doesn't work. This is a major problem and jams my workflow. Yes I can drag text from word to DW or I can paste in code view but this kills all formatting. This makes 2008 a definite no no for purchase as far as I am concerned and I am sure many other people.<br> <br> K <kokney@officeformac.com> wrote: > It doesn't work. This is a major problem and jams my workflow. I remember other people posting about this in the group. As I remember it, Office places multiple formats fo the text in the clipboard and it's up to DW to decide which one to take. Apparentl...

Prompted to accept terms and cond for every prog every time its op
I run Windows 7 Home Premium and Office 2003 Professional. I have only been up and running for about a week now. Everythinng has worked out fine other than being prompted to accept the terms and conditions for each program in office, every time that they are opened up. Anybody have any ideas? I encountered a similar problem with Vista and Office. Every time one of the office products opened, it went through the reconfiguration process. I know it's not the same as your problem, but the solution might be the same. From this link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forum...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

telephone number field mask
I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would like the mask to return data like this : 111 111 1111. What is the formula for this? Any help is appreciated. Mtn244: Thanks much for assistance. I tried your mask with great success. All is good in River City. Thanks again for your help. Frank "mtn244" <mtn244@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82895481-BC0D-4FB7-A9A8-1649395C1224@microsoft.com... > Try this input mask: > !999 000 0000;0; > > "Frank" wrote: > >> I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would lik...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Word, Excel freeze upon quiting
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Sometimes (once in 5 time), when I quit Word or Excel, the application window closes, but the light remains on next to the application icon in the dock. I have to force quit to get the application to close. Thanks! See the info here on "Unexpected Quit on Quitting": http://word.mvps.org/mac/Diagnose.html HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/8/08 1:20 PM, in article ee92b57.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "graybell@officeformac.com" <graybell@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 20...