How do I count odd numbers in a range?

Could someone please help me!!!

I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I have
tried to use the 'countif' , 'iseven' and 'isodd' formulas. However, I have
been unsuccessful.

Can someone please let me know if this can be done?
0
Rob3660 (422)

Here's a formula from an older post by Peo Sjoblom  that seems to do what you
want:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A22,2)=1))
Adjust the range as necessary.
tj

"Rob" wrote:

> Could someone please help me!!!
>
> I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I have
> tried to use the 'countif' , 'iseven' and 'isodd' formulas. However, I have
> been unsuccessful.
>
> Can someone please let me know if this can be done?
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
11/15/2004 11:51:03 PM
Rob,

Try

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A100,2)=1))

--

HTH

RP

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could someone please help me!!!
>
> I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I
have
> tried to use the 'countif' , 'iseven' and 'isodd' formulas. However, I
have
> been unsuccessful.
>
> Can someone please let me know if this can be done?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/15/2004 11:51:10 PM
One way:

Odd:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A100,2)=1))

Even:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A100,2)=0),--ISNUMBER(A1:A100))

In article <24EE9FFF-2DAF-46CA-A19D-3AFE8E54949D@microsoft.com>,
 Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Could someone please help me!!!
>
> I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I have
> tried to use the 'countif' , 'iseven' and 'isodd' formulas. However, I have
> been unsuccessful.
>
> Can someone please let me know if this can be done?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/15/2004 11:52:49 PM
or

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(INT(P1:P9),2)=1)*1)
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could someone please help me!!!
>
> I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I
have
> tried to use the 'countif' , 'iseven' and 'isodd' formulas. However, I
have
> been unsuccessful.
>
> Can someone please let me know if this can be done?

0
Don

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Count

Linking a defined range to a picture in PowerPoint
Hi, I know this is a long shot, but I'm hoping SOMEBODY has the answer.... I need to create a power point presentation that links to an excel workbook. The reason I need to link it is because the numbers will change monthly, and the presentation is distributed monthly. So, I need to create a presentation that will: 1) have excel worksheets in it that link to defined ranges in a workbook. 2) HOPEFULLY have the Pow.Pt. worksheet appear as a bitmap (if not thats ok) 3) allow the Pow.Pt. SS (or the picture) to link to the SS so that the image will change every month. I know it'...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Line count

Counting sales

subscript out of range error
My program went down with on error in the code. I fixed that error an tried to re-run it. When I go to re-run the program I get a subscrip out of range error when I try to open a worksheet that I know exists. If I close the workbook and re-open it the subscript out of range erro doesn't show up. Below is the code. With Worksheets("ListBox Data").Range("A2") workbook_row_cnt = Range(.Offset(0, 0) .End(xlDown)).Rows.Count For i = 0 To workbook_row_cnt - 1 If .Offset(i, 0) <> "" Then sales_group_cnt = sales_group_cnt + 1 End If Next i End With ...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Auto date range updating in Charts
I would like to know how to write a formula that can be typed into an excel chart's category labels box and series values boxes to search for and update ranges to a specific range, such as one year's worth of row entries. In this way, each time a new date and set of entries are made into the spreadsheet, the accompanying chart would update to the new range (last date). I have tried using named formulas to accomplish this, but I have so many spreadsheet in the workbook, that this becomes unwieldy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Hi Dave, > I have t...

telephone number field mask
I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would like the mask to return data like this : 111 111 1111. What is the formula for this? Any help is appreciated. Mtn244: Thanks much for assistance. I tried your mask with great success. All is good in River City. Thanks again for your help. Frank "mtn244" <mtn244@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82895481-BC0D-4FB7-A9A8-1649395C1224@microsoft.com... > Try this input mask: > !999 000 0000;0; > > "Frank" wrote: > >> I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would lik...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

select a range by cell names; vba
I'm trying to select X rows for a sort. The first and last rows have a defined name, RSTART and RLAST. They look like this in the Define Name dialog: ='MySheet'!$15:$15 .... How do you select the rows using these names. Here's the macro output of my best shot. I can't figure out how to incorporate the second name. Thank you. Sub trythis() Application.Goto Reference:="RSTART" Rows("15:59").Select '<---- Held down shift key and selected RLAST in cell address combo Range("I15").Activate ' what is ...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Number format / field size
I want to set a Primary key with 16 digits - 4 groups of 4 numbers with spaces between - which I can use in a calculated field to increment. I have tried every permutation I can think of, can anyone help please? Use 4 separate fields, put contraints so that none of them can exceed 9999, and concatenate them into a single field in a calculated field in a query. Use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Kitty R" <Kitty R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

How can I search for and display actual record numbers in Access?
I have a form that has several fields to save data in for achieve purposes. I also have a search form that pulls that data and displays it, each in an individual line. It would be ideal to be able to click on a search result and then on the main form have that record be displayed. I do not know how to do that, so I was hoping to just be able to display the record number in the search results so that you can just type it in the main form and go right to that record number. I am unable to do that either, I tried several combinations of displaying something like me.currentrecord for ...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...