How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?

I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing
every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste

You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell
within that sheet?

You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within
that sheet?

Please explain in more detail.

The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing
>every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste

0
Gord
1/24/2010 7:28:46 PM
"Jamie" wrote:
> I have a large workbook with the tab titles
> available to copy to save typing every single
> one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a
> form of copy-paste

Well, copy-and-paste __does__ work.  Select a cell, press ctrl+C, select a
tab, right-click and select Rename, then press ctrl+V.

If you want to copy only part of a cell, select the cell, select part of the
text in the Function Bar, and press ctrl+C.

If you would like to do this with a macro, use Record a New Macro to see
what Rename tab does.  The following paradigm might be a starting point; it
assumes you select a cell with the new tab name:

Sub doit()
ActiveSheet.Name = Selection
End Sub

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

Tab , setFocus doesn't hilite the text of the field
Hi, I have many fields that should be filled by the user. I added 2 more and I would like to change the tab order. I don't like using the numbers (after pressing Ctrl D, by clicking the fields I change the order) because I have too many fields and it takes time to do that. So I used the script, in each killFocus function I called setFocus function with the right field. The problem is that this function brings the cursor to the right field BUT it doesn't hilite the value in that field so in order to change this value I have first to hilite it. How can I hilite it by script? Th...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Word 2007 changes Date Modified in Explorer
Each time I open a document with Word 2007, the date modified is changed in Windows explorer. This happens even when no changer are made to the document. Older versions of Word would change the date in Windows explorer, but then reset it when the document was closed, if no changes were made. How can I stop this That does not happen here. The document must be being saved for the date to change. I have a document here that I open nearly everyday for the purpose of copying and pasting information to reply to messages in these newsgroups and it is still showing the date of 2...

Mail Merge in Word using Outlook contacts
I am using Word 2003's Mail Merge Wizard. When I get to the point where it is asking where to get the data from, I mark the "Outlook contacts" field and then prompted to choose with contacts folder. I only have one, the main "contacts" field in Outlook so I choose that one (I have Outlook open, Working Offline and have the contacts folder open.). When I proceed to the next step where I get the table of information - the fields are fields that would be in my Inbox, not my Contacts folder. I am trying to get the Last Name, First Name, Address, Home Phone number...

Blank cells in graph
I have a a line graph that displays customer behaviour in a number of categories. The data source for the graph is a table that refreshes every time a different 'customer' is selected from a macro drop-down list above the table, drawing data from another table. All the blank cells from the table are plotted as zero on the line graph, and I can't seem to change it so that the blank cells are not plotted on the line graph at all. I've tried going to Tools>Options>Chart, but the 'Plot empty cells as' options are all greyed out except for the 'Zero' opt...

subtotal copy and paste

Relative indentation in Word 2007?
I have a bulleted list with several levels of indentation, and I would like to add some text - beneath each point in the list - that is always indented a bit to the right of however indented that point is. Does relative indentation exist in Word 2007? I would ideally like to define a style that indents the selection relative to what is above it, such that, for example, a paragraph that I apply the style to will always be indented 2 cm to the right of the previous paragraph. Thanks in advance for any help! No, Word doesn't support relative indents. You will have to create...

Word 2007 extremely slow to load templates within the Startup fold
Environment: Windows Vista, Desktops & Laptops, Office Professional Plus 2007. Problem: Within the last week, we had several instances reported in which Word takes approximately 2-3 minutes to open and load all of our templates located within the Startup folder. Another sympton is, when double-clicking a file and Word is not running, this error shows: "Windows cannot find C:\ (doc) Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". Trobleshooting performed: -recreated Normal.dotm -started word in /a & /s, application opens fine -removed templates from s...

tab scrolling buttons missing
I can't get the tab scrolling or worksheet buttons to appear on my view when using excel 2007. Help? Use Tools | Options; open the View tab; look at your settings in the Windows Option area. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "TomG" <TomG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F2A93E7-77A8-4065-9646-B1A30A1AE806@microsoft.com... >I can't get the tab scrolling or worksheet buttons to appear on my view >when > using excel 2007. Help? ...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

Word 2007 Toolbar customization
Hi....... I want to edit a toolbar in word 2007 and add some buttons to the Toolbar and for these buttons I want to write a VB Code which wil add a table to the current ducument at the current cursor position. So, How can I do this??????????? Hi Amit, If you want to add a macro to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), do as follows. 1. Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar. 2. In the Word Options dialog box, verify that Customize is selected. 3. In the Choose commands drop-down list, select Macros. 4. Select the macro by n...

How can I get current cell row number
I need to reference the row value of the current cell in a worksheet function: = row() in VBA: activecell.row Hope this helps Rowan excelneophyte wrote: > I need to reference the row value of the current cell ...

formula for cell
I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula where I can take for instance a cell with 500 characters and take only the first 30 and paste it in to a new cell. I have used a formula thanks to Gary =left(a1,len(a1)/2 which has worked for other uses I have--now I need to extract only the first 30 characters of a description and I have thousands of cells in my description column..Please Help =left(a1,30) Pete.Cornejo@gmail.com wrote: > > I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula > where I can take for instance a cell with 500...