How do I convert PDF files to Excel?

I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make
adjustments to the amounts in one column.
0
Kusko (1)

"Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make
> adjustments to the amounts in one column.

You need Adobe Acrobat if you want to modify a pdf file.

/Fredrik

Scan it and send it to a OCR program.  Hoping that you have a clean legible
master to scan.
--
HansM

"Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make
> adjustments to the amounts in one column.

0
sayno2 (17)
3/11/2005 5:40:39 PM
Kusko shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

> I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can
> make adjustments to the amounts in one column.

I know about PDF --> Word conversion software (Google it!) so if you
can get it in a Word file it should be no problem getting it in Excel
too.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html

convert date to text month
i want to make a pivot table with the months as col headings. my raw data looks like this: col a col b col c col d date -- account cost center amt i have tried formatting col a as date (Jan 01, Feb - 01, etc) but when i try to put the data into a pivot table with the dates as the col heading, the pivot table ignores the Jan -01 format and puts each date as a col heading. i know that i could sort the data and manually put in "Jan" for all the dates between 1/1 and 1/31 but i have man...

PST file
i pasted my old pst file from my other computer into the same folder on my new computer. Now it says it doesnt recognise it as a personal folders file and wont even open outlook up. I dont know what to do. Can anyone help please? - Emma What versions of Outlook are we talking about here? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Emma" <emma_gray@excite.com> wrote in message news:1315f01c443b0$412315e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >i pasted my old pst file from my ...

Excel
I have data in multiple colums that has been subtotalled by the sum function. I now wnt to copy and paste or export only the rows containing the subtotals to a new sheet. When I do this I get all the rows! It does work if I use the CNTRL key to mark all the individual cells and then paste values only but I find this a dreadful solution. Surely there is an easier way? One way: click the 2 in the outline box to hide the data rows Highlight the range of subtotals F5>Special>click on visible cells only Copy>Paste Special>Values HTH "Russ" wrote: > I have data in mul...

Associate A File
Could someone tell me the steps to Associate a file (.pps) so I can open it in windows live mail. Thank You Assuming you have PowerPoint or PowerPoint Viewer installed: 1. Download and save the attachment on the desktop. 2. Right click on the saved file. 3. Select: Open With from the pop-up menu. 4. Click: Choose [default] Program. 5. Select: PowerPoint or the PPViewer. 6. Check: Always use the selected program to open this kind of file. 7. Click OK. If it still does not open directly from WLMail: Unable to open .PPS attachments ...

Parsing Names in Excel
I have a list in Excel from A1:A100 with names like the ones mentioned below: Michelle Fooo (michelfoo@exchange.SASMOM.com) Myhaass Smith (mysmith@exchange.SASMOM.com) I want to parse them using string functions to the following format michelfoo@SASMOM.com mysmith@SASMOM.com Any ideas how to do this using a formula? Thanks in advance Michael Michael Are you wanting to strip all the name out too or just remove the exchange.? If the latter just use edit>replace What:=exchange. and leave the with blank -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_...

How can I increase the character capcity of an Excel cell?
The current maximum is about 1,100. Excel can hold 32k characters of text and around 1000 in a formula. You can't change this fact of life. -- Jim "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:442F16AB-1C7A-45CD-9A6F-E2C8282A2CDC@microsoft.com... | The current maximum is about 1,100. You can increase the ability of the cell to *display* more characters (cell can *contain* approx. 32,000) by strategically inserting forced line breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) within the text. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please kee...

Export To Excel
GP 8.0 Enquiry/Sales/Transaction by Debtor I want to export data from that form to Excel. I put one Button on this form (Export To Excel) With Code: run report 'RM Transaction Inquiry Report' destination false, false, COMMAFILE, "Report.csv"; And when I click on this Button I get This Report but without informations in Report Header. Debtor ID, Document Number, Document Date, Ranges From To.... When I Click on the printer Icon and choose text file I Get Full Report. Does anyone know where is the problem? ...

can't open files with a # sign in the title
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just got a new imac and when I try to open files with a # in the title excel opens but the file won't appear. <br> if I remove the # from the title it opens again We've had this discussion very recently in the Word discussion group. The conclusion was that this mechanism seems to work fine in Office 2008, and that it is generally not a good idea to include special characters, such as "#", in a file name. Sorry if this doesn't really help you. On 17/02/10 2:45, guitar5@o...

Upload Multiple Files Failure
Hi All, when I try to upload multiple file to a SharePoint Doc Library I get the following error: Cannot run Windows SharePoint Service on this page: "https:// intranet.domain.com/Site/DocLib/Forms/Upload.aspx The SharePoint Deployment is with an ISA server (not sure if this can affect anything....) I can Upload a single file, but not multiple... Any suggestion??? thanks All Vit ...

returning to file previously worked on after closing it.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Appleworks, whenever I returned to the file I had been using (eg the manuscript I had been working on) the last page I had been editing would open up. But in Word, it always opens at the first page of the document and i have to scroll down many pages to reach the page I had been last working on. <br> Is there a short cut? A couple of the simplest & most direct solutions: Once the file opens key Command+End. If using a laptop or compact keyboard you may need to use the fn key along with that. ...

Excel 2002 & 2007 ?
Is there much different in the Excel 2002 and 2007? I have 2002 and I was thinking about buying Student Office 2007 for $79 so do you think it would be worth it? Is there something that XL 2002 cannot do for you? Are you prepared to have to re-learn a lot of 'commands'? Could you wait 6 to 12 months for Office 14? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Richard" <miller039@cox.net> wrote in message news:yEEhl.5915$D16.4350@newsfe17.iad... > Is there much different in the Excel 2002 and 2007?...

Excel graph 3 sets of data. 2 sets as lines 1 as column?
I have data a bit like below, I am trying to do a graph, which shows the AFR as columns for A-D, but I want 'water' and 'whole' as seperate lines to show current scores across the graph. When I do the graph, I get two columns and 1 line. Does anyone know how to get to get the two lines? A B C D AFR 0.8 0.6 0.4 0.3 Water 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 Whole 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 Hi AndyN, On the chart, select the second column, right-click, select Chart Type from the context menu, select line chart. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Ed Thanks for that worked a treat, I'll remember that ...

Excel 2003
I'm simply brain dead this morning and could use a little help. I have assembled a column of pointers into a table. These pointers are simply the row number of the selected data in a table. Assuming that this column starts in A01, I would like to create a formula in B01 that simply makes B01 equal to the data located in a specified column (use column F for the example) in the row specified by A01. I remember doing this before, but it just excapes me this morning. Thanks in advance for your consideration and help, Craig =indirect("F"&a1) Craig Brandt wrote: > ...

Excel 2003 Macro ignores Arrow Keystrokes
Can't get ANY macro to work! *ignores relative references *ignores arrow keystrokes *ignores use of F2 *only offers VB for editing Macro security is low, there is no protection. Madness is near, help, please! ...

Sorting in Excel
Hi. I have in sheet1 in Excel 5 columns with data. The A column has names, the B age, the C skills, the D salary and the E a code number (as text). Every few days I add some new names at the end of A column (also the other data in B,C,D,E) and sometimes I delete a few names. I would like to find a formula to transfer all those data in sheet2, exactly the same way, but in ascending order by the name. (With few words I try to find a way to auto sort and transfer some data.) Th. I would do this by writing a macro to: 1. Clear space for a sorted copy of your table. 2. Copy the ...

Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action
I have MS Office 2004 running on a Mac Powerbook with OSX 10.4.3 on it. I have an Excel spreadsheet that has an embedded Word document in it. If I click on the box, the cell value is: EMBED("Word.Document.6", "") When I dbl-click on it, I get the spinning cursor and this message that says, "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action." with just an OK button is displayed. When I click on OK, the message goes away and then comes back after a few seconds. We have 2 other computers running MS Office on OSX 10.4.3 where this works ...

excel 2003 05-27-10
Hi I am using excel 2003 and everything was goin g fine until I tried to open a file (which was working ok) but now won t open and just comes up with the message "Time Sheet 09-10.xls:file format is not valid" any ideas on how I can either re save so it will open or any other ideads on how I access the info it contains thks -- Dennis You may want to try it on a different computer -- or even a different version of excel. Or you may want to try OpenOffice. A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open files that excel couldn't. http://w...

Create / Update DL in GAL using data in an Excel sheet
Hi, I work at an organization where we have 2 data sources. Unfortunately, the AD source is not authoritative and actual data comes from our HR system. We create the DL's in GAL in AD / Exchange using this HR data. This is a manual process without any automatic feed into the AD / Exchange system. Consequently, the DL's are usually out-of-date for long periods until someone does the whole process again. I want to know if I can write a script (or something similar) that will create / update the DL's based on the input data that I provide in an Excel sheet (or a CSV file or simil...

Saving html file
I have a 4-page publisher document that I want to save as an html document. When I do this, I end up with a file with the html extension as well as a folder containing all the images. Also, I will eventually ftp the 4-page document to a website. I'm not sure how to do this with one file, and one folder full of images? Any guidance for this new user who has been thrust into a job with no experience? Many thanks I have uploading directions on both http://www.davidbartosik.com and www.publishermvps.com Also in the future use the web forum for web help - microsoft.public.publisher.w...

OT:Learning excel question
Hi, I had a previuos maniac post, but I'm OK now. I have some Excel 2000 MS books, Would I be wasting time using these to get a better (any) grip on excel 2003? I guess I mean has it changed that much? Thanks Frank No it hasn't changed much at all, just a few cosmetic changes, a 2000 book is fine -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Frank" <stratster68@IHATESPAMworldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:%23HQtzCptFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I had a previuos maniac post, but I'm OK now. > I have some Excel 2000 MS books,...

problem accessing file
recently i made updates to my microsoft money file. After updating the file, i exited money, without backing up the file (bad idea). Once I exited, i changed the filename in windows explorer (using rename command). When i attempted to open the file again, money gave the following message: "Money will update your file with the latest improvements." In other words, it treated like a file from an old/different version of money. Then it said "Money cannot locate 'My Documents\my money 040809.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you d...

Outlook files on Active Directory
My company is installing active directory on a company wide server, all E-Mail messages will reside on the server. The question is can I move an E-Mail on the active directory to a local .PST or other file within the folder list of Outlook 2002 SP-1 ...

PDF files in Outlook XP
I recently upgraded Acrobat Reader to 6.0. I'm running Office XP SP3 in Windows 2000. Since the upgrade, pdf attachments sent to me have generic icons and the file cannot be opened unless I save it to disk first. I receive many of these daily and saving to disk is not efficient time-wise. Is there a fix or patch that will allow me to open these pdf files? I did not have this problem with Acrobat 5.0. Reinstalled Adobe Acrobat already? File associations are not done by Outlook but are managed by the program that supports it itself. You can overrule it by going to Control Panel-...

Excel cannot access..
Hi Very important accounting(which is 26 KB only) excel file is not allowing me to open the file. I may encrypted this worksheet and immediately turned into green colour, 6 months later i reinstalled windows XP pro but this time iwhen i try to open First dialog box show that : Excel cannot access "file name". The document may be read-only or encrypted. Then second dialog box show up : Cannot access "file name"..... i tried openoffice.org but didnt solve the problem.I never used any password for this file. I think this excel file ,when i choose the option to encrypt ...

eField Service RMA Help Files
Has anyone else run into a problem where the help icons on the application windows of Returns Management will not open the appropriate help information? I spoke with another consultant and he said that this happens to him only on the Field Service Modules. I think that there has to be a better answer or a fix that I am missing. Thanks ...