How do I compare two lists of names in excel?

I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large
numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other.
Is there any formula I can use in excel to highlight names that appear only
in the larger of the 2 lists?
0
Cate (7)

Chip Pearson has information on finding and tagging duplicate entries in
a list.

       http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Two Email Accounts not able to reply out of one of them
Hello All, I was wondering if someone here has ran into this problem. I currently have two email accounts setup in Exchange I can receive email in both of these accounts and view the email in Outlook 2003. In my default account if I receive an email I can reply back. But in my secondary mailbox if I receive an email I cannot reply back I get a error message which is listed below. On the secondary account I have added my username under permissions and gave it full access but I am still getting the below error. Anything will help thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the inten...

MRU File List
Can someone point me to a MRU File List tutorial? -Tom R. "Thomas Rybka" wrote: > Can someone point me to a MRU File List tutorial? > > -Tom R. > I am certain there are better solutions; but the following code worked for me.... // When we create a new document the first time, we will // fill that documents first view with data read from the // first file in the users Most Recently Used (MRU) list of files. (or "Recent File List") // String defined per documentation (Word "File", ending with formating "%d") static cons...

Excel 2007
Hi Guys: I wrote Macros in Excel 2003 that are being run on Excel 2007. I generate a floating toolbar that works on my system just fine. When run on Excel 2007 it is tucked under add-ons and we cannot seem to make it float again. Is this another one of those MS features? Or is there a way to get it back out where it can be used, as I intended? Craig Just out of curiosity, what are the major improvements, other then appearance, that were made with the release of 2007. Hi Graig Not possible anymore Maybe this is a option ? http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm If not change the ribbon http:/...

Importing a contact list from Excel
I have been trying to import a contact list from Excel into Outlook. It keep telling me that I need to rename my ranges in the Excel document but I cannot find anything that tells me how to accomplish this. ...

How to make two codes "Worksheet_Change" work together in same sheet code page
Friends, Please, anybody knows how to make these two VB codes work together? When I put them together in the same "sheet code page" in VBA, th second one doesn't work. Why? *** Code 1 *** Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) * * On Error GoTo QuitCode * * If Intersect(Target, Range("c1:c15")) Is Nothing Then * * * * Exit Sub * * ElseIf Target.Value <>*"" And Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = "" Then * * * * MsgBox "You haven't typed the name of the client yet." * * * * Target.Offset(0, -1).Activate End If QuitCode: ...

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

UnHide Columns in Excel 2002
In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automatically expands the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all the columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just two cells the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". I have to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide". Is there a way to select columns without including the merged rows within the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a right click or keyboar...

Two databases or one
Hi, What if you have two organizations and you plan to design a database to do the same task but within that task, the defined tables will vary because of unique qualities related to the individual organization. Would it be best to create separate databases for each organization or keep the two organizations together? Anyone know the guidelines related to this? Thanks for any feedback. Ask yourself this - How often will you need the combined data? -- Build a little, test a little. "AccessKay" wrote: > Hi, > > What if you have two o...

Custom Smart Lists missing after SP7
It appears that we no longer have any of our custom smart list reports after the upgrade. Is there any way to restore or recover this. Which dictionary do custom smart lists reports get stored? We may have a backup of that dictionary. ------=_NextPart_0001_3EBC268F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! Can you clarify the following: Are you referring to Smartlist favorites? These you create within Smartlist and it allows you to specify additional search criteria for smartlist objects. If this is the case, these are stor...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

Excel Version in VBA
Is there a way, using VBA, to determine the version of Excel that is running? "Jon" <jon.lark@L-3Com.com> wrote in message news:eEJXXoy1EHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way, using VBA, to determine the version of Excel that is > running? > > This is from the help file ... MsgBox "Welcome to Microsoft Excel version " & _ Application.Version & " running on " & _ Application.OperatingSystem & "!" MsgBox Application.Version Jon wrote: > > Is there a way, using VBA, to determine the versio...

how to create formula to divide two rows autoaatically
Is there any way to setup a sheet or create a formula so that it will divide the data in column A by Column B anytime the data is entered and put it into columnC ? What I am trying to do is create a spreadsheet for calculating fuel MPG. So I have columns as miles, gallons and the calculation as MPG. What I want to do is anytime a value is entered into miles and gallons, to calculate mpg and put it into that respective cell. Is there any way I can do this ? Thanks -- Tony Tony, in Column C, type the formula =sum(a1/b1). This should give you the result you are looking for. Hop...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Calendar and task list in same view with Outlook 2003
I used to have a view in Outlook 2000 that had both my calendar and my task list. Is this possible in Outlook 2003? How would you do it? In Outlook 2003 to show the Task List with your calendar you need to go to the Calendar in Outlook and select View -> Task Pad. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- BizApps Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

How do figure excel formula out?
I'm taking an excel class & the ? is "if you enter 5B21C2 in cell B1 of a worksheet the formula is replaced by the # 125 when you press enter. What happened? The worksheet is hypethetical. Then the next ? is to use same worksheet, change the # in cell B2 from 55 to 65. What happens to the # in cell B1 & why. The info I found doesn't tell how to figure the first formula so everything else doesn't make sense to me. HELP! -- thanks I'm sorry to say that your comprehension of XL is soooo bad, that you can't pose an accurate, intelligent question. Doe...

How do I convert an Excel file to a CSV file?
I am new to Excel and am trying to learn as I go. I am trying to convert my Excel Spreadsheet to an CSV file. Is there a simple way to do this? File>Save As>Save as Type In 2007 Button>Save As>Other Format>Save as Type You will find *.CSV in the list. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:21:02 -0800, beagleyt <beagleyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am new to Excel and am trying to learn as I go. I am trying to convert my >Excel Spreadsheet to an CSV file. Is there a simple way to do this? ...

differences between two tables
I'm trying to find the differences between two tables, A and B. There are some records in A that are not in B, there are some in B that are not in A, and there are some in both but with differences in the fields. I'm not getting everything. Does anyone have any ideas how I can tackle this? Thanks! Use a UNION ALL query. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "denise" wrote: > I'm trying to find the differences between two tables, A and B. There are > some records in A that are not in B, there are some in B that are not in A, > and there are s...

Defind Dynamic named Range up to first error
I want to define a named Range up to the first cell in a column that has a #value error. How could i find that cell? Any ideas Thx- Do you want to include that cell in the range? Are there any other types of errors in the range like #N/A, #NUM!, #DIV/0! ? Try something like this: =Sheet1!$A$1:INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,MATCH(TRUE,ISERROR(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$20),0)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "chg" <geier.chris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4f5e5e46-5e41-467b-93ef-4d85691a7031@n31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com... >I want to define a named Range up to the firs...

Unprotecting what Excel says is unprotected ???
Good evening all the peeps of the Excel Community. This one has me completely flammuxed but hopefully someone can spot my obvious error that I can't ... I have a workbook with 26 sheets. At some time, I know I password protected it ... somehow. Each time I open my workbook, it asks me "xxx.xls' is reserved by Joe Bloggs. Enter password for write access, or open read only." I have been through each and every one of the 26 sheets using Tools - Protection to unprotect but none are protected, nor are any Workbook protected. My only guess is that at some stage,...

cannot copy/past in Excel
When I Paste a cell or a range in Excel, all I get is Hello! written in the destinatin cell. Can anybody help me out? It could be a helpful macro trying to stop you from making changes. close excel open excel in safe mode windows start button|run excel /safe then file|Open your workbook and test it out. If that stopped the problem, you'll have to determine where the macro is. If a co-worker developed the macro, you may want to go back to him/her. If you can find the code, you may be able to fix it (or turn it off). If that isn't it, select one of those cells (with "hello!...

two tables with same field names
I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries on corporate's systems. The field names are always the same, and there lies my problem. I need to measure the change in promise dates weekly to the order line level. For example, I need to pull last monday's promise date minus this monday's promise date to get the change in number of days. Post your table structure so a query can be assembled. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "deb" wrote: > I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries > o...

Why does Outlook open two windows?
When installed Outlook 2003 with a new profile about two hours ago, it would open one window each time I started Outlook. But now, after I've been doing a lot of work on the folder structure, particularly transferring dozens of folders by drag and drop within a single non-default PST file. I notice that the computer has been very noisy for a while, apparently furiously coping with the changes I've been making. Now when I start Outlook, it opens two windows; presumably that's an outcome of something I inadvertently did when transferring all the folders. I'd rather it ...

Excel - 2000 or 97 conversion
It did work, but the list that appears when you click, doesnt contai data validated cells -- ajw15 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajw150's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=802 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26202 Are you writing about the button or the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar? If it's the button, I don't understand. If it's the combobox, go into design mode (an icon on that control toolbox toolbar). Right click on the combobox, select pro...

Outlook Folder list #3
I have a customer who's folder list in Outlook 2002 is no longer arranged alphabetically. Does anyone know how to change it back? ...