How do I check a formula?

Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
checked.  Is there an add-on of some sort?  I use Excel2000.
0
jnord (1)

checked for what?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"jnord" <jnord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
> checked.  Is there an add-on of some sort?  I use Excel2000.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
4/19/2005 5:21:18 PM
jnord,

Post it here.  You'll have dozens of reviewers.... And sign your post with a
name.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jnord" <jnord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
> checked.  Is there an add-on of some sort?  I use Excel2000.

0
Bernie
4/19/2005 5:29:57 PM
The president of the company wants something to check his formulas with.  I
think he wants to past it in somewhere and have it checked for accuracy.  I
am not sure if there is such an animal as every formula serves its own
purpose.  Is there any way to determine if the formula is giving the correct
answer?

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

> jnord,
>
> Post it here.  You'll have dozens of reviewers.... And sign your post with a
> name.
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
>

> "jnord" <jnord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
> > checked.  Is there an add-on of some sort?  I use Excel2000.

0
Jay1 (212)
4/19/2005 5:46:01 PM
Checked to ensure that it works exactly as he

--

HTH

RP

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> checked for what?
>
> --
> Cheers
> JulieD
> check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm
> ...well i'm working on it anyway
> "jnord" <jnord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have
it
> > checked.  Is there an add-on of some sort?  I use Excel2000.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
4/19/2005 6:00:13 PM
Try again<g>

Checked to ensure that it works exactly as he intended, irrespective of what
he actually puts in the formula, and takes care of any changes that he
hasn't thought of yet. I would have thought was obvious Julie <vbg>

Bob

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> checked for what?
>
> --
> Cheers
> JulieD
> check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm
> ...well i'm working on it anyway
> "jnord" <jnord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have
it
> > checked.  Is there an add-on of some sort?  I use Excel2000.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
4/19/2005 6:02:20 PM
This won't work for printing, but xl2002 (IIRC), added:

Tools|Formula auditing|evaluate formula

You can step through the formula to see how each portion evaluates.

If you're not running xl2002+, you can select a portion of the formula in the
formula bar and hit F9 to evaluate it.  (Hitting Escape will revert the formula
to its original form.)

And ctrl-z will revert the portion you just calculated.

And if you hit enter by mistake Edit|Undo (or ctrl-z) will get it back to where
it was.

Jay wrote:

> The president of the company wants something to check his formulas with.  I
> think he wants to past it in somewhere and have it checked for accuracy.  I
> am not sure if there is such an animal as every formula serves its own
> purpose.  Is there any way to determine if the formula is giving the correct
> answer?
>
> "Bernie Deitrick" wrote:
>
> > jnord,
> >
> > Post it here.  You'll have dozens of reviewers.... And sign your post with a
> > name.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Bernie
> > MS Excel MVP
> >

> > "jnord" <jnord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
> > > checked.  Is there an add-on of some sort?  I use Excel2000.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds Formula?
Hi Everyone, Could anyone PLEASE help me with a single cell formula that would take the difference between TWO cells containing Dates AND Times, and return the elapsed difference in the following format: "3 Years, 9 Months, 15 Days, 14 Hours, 8 Minutes, 16 Seconds" I've been trying all day to come up with it, but so far have only managed to do the date part! I would be extremely grateful for any help anyone can offer. Thank you. Hi Darrell, As long as you have date & time in each cell as entered by Excel you simply subtract the earlier timestamp from the later ti...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Formula help #29
I have this formula in cell A3 =IF(ISBLANK(D3),"",A2+1) is there a way to set it up so that if there is text in cell D3 not only will it give me my A2+1 but that in cell A4 the formula =IF(ISBLANK(D4),"",A3+1) would appear, and so on and so forth? Tks. A. Andr�, I don't really understand what it is you are asking because with the formulas in the cells that you state you will get a result if the cells in Column D are filled in in chronological order. If not you will get a #Value! error. If you want the count to continue even with gaps then: =IF(ISBLANK(D3),"...

Authorizing checks with RMS

VLOOKUP Nesting Formulas #2
When I say "there" I mean the data range I'm searching. I'm starting t think that a vlookup isn't the way I should be going. The purpose o this formula is to tell me if a specific item number that is on specific purchase order is on a boat from China yet. Container PO# Part# Cases Pieces CAXU9144316 P900686 66701 215 2,580 P900608 68301 615 7,380 P900686 68301 1267 15,204 P900686 69501 74 888 P900686 77501B 9 432 P900686 77901 145 580 I could be looking for item #77001 that is on PO#P900686, but if don't specify in the formula both numbers have to exist...

How do I create Check list

Printing Checks

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Formula pattern not being recognized
Here is the equation =LOOKUP(C10,ARRAY!B3:C128) =LOOKUP(C11,ARRAY!B3:C128) =LOOKUP(C12,ARRAY!B3:C128) That is the pattern, we want to continue this patter down through a long list. When we highlight the 3 entries and try to drag the formulas to the other cells the pattern is all messed up. That is a pretty simple pattern above you can tell the only thing that needs to change is the first cell reference, but this is what outlook does. =LOOKUP(C13,ARRAY!B6:C131) =LOOKUP(C14,ARRAY!B6:C131) =LOOKUP(C15,ARRAY!B6:C131) =LOOKUP(C16,ARRAY!B9:C134) =LOOKUP(C17,ARRAY!B9:C134) =LOOKUP(C18,ARRAY!B9:...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Can I combine 2 formulas?
With Col A&B blank, I have the following in column C AL FEE AM SERVICE B SERVICE C SERVICE I need to use the letter(s) preceeding fee/service in a vlookup formula So my formula in cell a2 =trim(left(c2,2)) will give me just the letter(s) The array for lookup is in cells F2:G63 So my formula in cell b2 =vlookup(a2,$F$2:$G$63,2,false) I wind up with this: ColA ColB ColC AL 6 AL Fee AM 6 AM Service B 1 B Service C 2 C Service Can I combine these two formulas in one cell so it will find the letter(s), then lookup the code? ...

Formula question #2
how do i make a formula so that a specific cells continuosly accumulates every time another amount on a different cell is entered. eg: on a payroll sheet, the year to date field What do you want to accumulate the number of entries [use the =Count(range) or =counta(range)function], or the value of the entries [use the =sum(range( function)] ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi zerep, Check here for info: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator B...

simple formula help for matching information
I need to build a formula that will return information from a lookup... I want to enter information such as a phone number, and then look down a colum of numbers to see if it is a match and if so either go to the matching cell or return a value of = match or both if possible. Go to:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Check out item number 41. If you launch this Workbook go to Sheet2. In cells A 2 to A 6 inclusive if you enter any of the first names that appear in A 2 to A 6 of Sheet1 their surnames will be pulled back into Sheet2. If you apply the above simple scena...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

Formulae Help
Hi, I am trying to right a formulae for the following below: I think that I should be using the IF but can't seem to make it work. In my cell I will have a price of a part I want it to calculate the on cost price to the customer using the table below: <£5.00 = £5.00 <£10 +35% = >10 <50 +30% = >50 <100 +25% = >100 <150 +20% = >150 <200 +15% = Example: £5.00 = £6.75 £15.00 = £19.50 Hi KevL, With your criteria of >10 < 50 then > 50 <100. The question arises which group does 50 belong to...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel Formula's #4
I started having this problem once in awhile and now it's almost constant. When I attempt to add a formula, any formula, to a data-filled spreadsheet, I end up with the formula itselt in the cell instead of the results of the formula. Yet, if I copy just the data I'm referencing, and not the whole sheet, onto a blank sheet and re-create the formula, I will (not always) get my results the first time and can then copy and paste the results into my full worksheet full of data. For instance, if I'm trying to use =CONCATENATE on columns F & G in a full spreadsheet, I end u...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

any possible way to generate a formula to get the same result
Sheet 1: L M Q (=2/14/2005) R(=3/25/2005) Date 1 Date 2 6/9/2005 6/8/2005 6/14/2005 3/15/2005 3/29/2005 4/22/2005 4/27/2005 Sheet2: A B 2/14/2005 3/25/2005 I generated the data in the Q Column =IF(OR(ISTEXT(L2),ISBLANK(L2)),"",IF(OR($M2>'Sheet2'!$A2+1,ISBLANK($M2)),NETWORKDAYS('Sheet2'!$A$2,$L2),"")) Then I do: =AVERAGE('Sheet1'!Q2:Q140) Is there anyway that I can combine two formula into one to display in column B without generating Q, R Column and so on? Thanks This is posted in other groups. "ciccia" <ciccia@discuss...