How do I change the text in a workbook from upper to lower case

Hi

Please can anyone help with this one!

I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no formulas)
and I have done it in caps but now want to change all the text to lower case
without having to re-type it all.

Excel hslp is confusing so can anyone tell me how to do it please

Thanks

Mike
0
Mike1154 (1216)

Hi
see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

mike wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please can anyone help with this one!
>
> I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no
> formulas) and I have done it in caps but now want to change all the
> text to lower case without having to re-type it all.
>
> Excel hslp is confusing so can anyone tell me how to do it please
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

how to change the focus of edit box?
hi! how to change the focus of edit box while i m editing it....? I have started SDI. In it, i hav created a window having same size as the view...class, now adding a edit box in it... while editing the edit box if someone press the enter key the focus shd go to ... the current window from currently editing window.. i know i must have to modify class CEdit n its OnChar func... n i hav to check for VK_RETURN. but my problem is quite different. i have been created class CChildWindow : CWnd and class CEditLoseOnEnter: CEdit now i want to use the object of CChildWindow to give focus whenever t...

Changing Averages
If I want to average the numbers in these two columns that's easy. But what if every day I add a new number to the bottom of each column, and I only want to average the latest ten numbers? In other words, the oldest number (on top) drops off of the average. How would I do that? 85 86 86 85 105 92 90 100 90 86 106 83 97 85 87 101 92 89 90 93 94 97 =AVERAGE(OFFSET(a11,-10,0,10)) change a11 to the last range of data "JimS" <jimx22@msn.com> wrote in message news:u0mj659u8i36ellr3bcj9l9eh6gsa74f66@4ax.com... > If I want to average the numbers in ...

rcv msg, parse, execute program with parsed text?
I would like to create a rule (using Outlook 2003 SP1) where, if I receive a message from a specific user, with a specific subject line, I would then parse the text of the message (or just insert the entire text of the message, if need be) and execute a program with that parsed text as command line parameter to the executed program. I'm familiar enough with creating rules that I can handle creating the rule from the specific user and with a specific subject line. I imagine the rest of it must be done by creating some kind of VB script that does the rest of the work, and the rule w...

Excel 2007 Sharing Violation when saving a workbook with a passwor
In the last few days, one spreadsheet will not save changes. Message is that there is a sharing violation. The spreadsheet is protected by a password to open it. When I remove this password it saves OK. Password is set/unset by clicking Office button then Prepare then encrypt. but can also be set/unset by Office Button then Save As then selecting Tools at botton right, then general options. So far does not seem to have affected any other password protected sheets. Anyone know of this problem? -- jaybee I hav just worked out that it is due to the latest Vista update fro...

Changing Business Unit Organisation & Avoiding Reassigning Roles
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had a tip for the following problem encountered in CRM 3.0. Our Business Unit organisation changes from time to time (to stay in line with the Sales organigramme). Each time we move a child Business Unit from one parent Business Unit to another, the user roles are lost. Is there any way around this? I suspect that you're going to say no, but I figured I'd ask before the changes we've got to do this week on the off chance I'd be wrong... Many thanks in advance, Christopher -- Christopher Grove Christopher, this is by design so there is n...

Different passwords for each tab in workbook
Can I set different tabs in a workbook to have a different password. I'd like to be able to distribute a single workbook to a group of sales reps and I don't want them to see each other's information. Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet works on the individual active sheet. Each sheet can have its own password. It's not too hard to crack this password, or to use formulas to retrieve the values in protected sheets. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Pasko1 wrote: ...

Control what Tab opens first when opening a workbook
I have a Workbook file with many worktabs in it. Such as : Main Page, Cover, Scorecard.... Whenever I open the file, it always opens to the "Cover" page. I want it to open to the "Main Page" . How can I contro; this? -- MJM Before saving goto that sheet>save>close. Put a before_close event macro in the ThisWorkbook module -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "MikeM" <MikeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52496A8A-B694-4168-9A4F-29998C44D09F@microsoft.com... >I have a W...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

text to columns problem #2
I have an invoice that uses "text to columns" to help it update. I use macro to paste data from a network application to the invoice. When close down Excel, even though I have it saved, it no longer separate the test when pasted. Anyone know why? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A guess in the absence of other replies :- Normally with a text file we have to SaveAs a .xls workbook otherwise the file remains a text file. I wonder if this is affecting your data. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Stripping Down Text
I am using excel 2000 I have a massive list of names and I want to extract the surname which is the last item in the text string. The "Search" function will operate from the left of the string but I cannot find any function to operate from the right. Using text to columns can take up to ten columns. Examples "Mr S. Bishop" , "Mr & Mrs S. Bishop" , "Mr S. Bishop & Mrs S. Bishop" etc. Thank you in advance for your help Hi for getting the last word use one of nthe following formulas: =MID(A1,FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(" "&A1...

How do I change the default email Template folder in Outlook? (nt)
Why do you think that's something you want to do?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "corn" <corn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B6BFA326-22FD-467B-B2E6-49E076D388F5@microsoft.com... > I like to save these for easy access, so I can attach them to email without thumbing through several folders. On to...

Drop down text box when cell is selected
Hi, I've got a spreadsheet that I need to modify. There are some cells that have drop down 'text' boxes associated with them that are activated only when the cell is selected. There is no indication on the cell that there is a 'comment' attached - they're not inserted comments. I've looked in the code for anything relating to 'activation' but there's nothing there at all. Any one got any ideas on how this type of user help box is generated? Regards Roger Look at Data>Validation Thre must be a list attached HTH -- AP "Roger" <roger.b...

How to redisplay the text field based on a stored ID field
I stored the ID of a lookup table for Salutation as a foreign key in my People table. I did the same thing with a suffix lookup table. I am trying to produce a concatenated Salutation Firstname MidName Lastname Suffix based on my people table, however, it will only show the stored ID Number. Could someone show me the proper way to query this. I have setup relationships from the Suffix and Salutation tables to the foreign keys in the People table, and I was able to get the salutation to display as text...when I look at the sql view, it seems to me that my problem is that the...

Change data source of existing report
I have an existing report and would like to maintain the current format but use a different query as the source data. Is it possible to do this? I realize that I will have to change the fields but I like the format and do not want to have to create a new report if possible. Caldo wrote: >I have an existing report and would like to maintain the current format but >use a different query as the source data. Is it possible to do this? I >realize that I will have to change the fields but I like the format and do >not want to have to create a new report if possible. ...

automatic text highlighting
Hi folks, I use a spreadsheet that automatically changes the font color of the row to red if the text in a particular cell = fail. My problem is it's not working consistently (because of my editing the spreadsheet I expect) and I CANNOT find out how it's done. There's no macro and no hidden cells that I can find that perform this text coloring task. Has anyone an ideas of how it's been done? Thanks Glenn Glenn, Mark the area where you want this applied, and then go Format > Conditional Formatting. The rest is self-explanatory. HTH, Nikos "Glennh" <g...

Asian Language change in Excel tabs and worksheets
A file that I created has been changed somehow. It now has both US English and what looks like some sort of Asian. It has also changed what is shown in the font type to some strange symbol type. 楲污††† Any ideas how this could happen, and how I can fix my file. It has infected both sheet data and tab names. Ryan Couple of things to look at. Tools>Options>General>Standard Font Format>Style>Normal Other than those two??? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:03 -0800, "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A file that I created has ...

Help with workbook
Hi everyone, I am wondering if there is anything out there that would help me in the following: I need a spreadsheet to help me calculate the risks in lending money using both a FairIsaac/Beacon credit bureau score input and a series of other indicators. Is there a "canned" workbook out there anywhere? I need something for dummies not professors as I am the former with excel. Thanks for the help. ...

How can I change primary display for presentation on multiple mon.
I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change the default monitor that F5 points to? In article <5A95BBFC-B291-4A05-9E71-3F094B937ABB@microsoft.com>, Shorebilly wrote: > I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have > multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change > the default monitor that F5 points to? In the Slide Show | Set up show dialog, you can choose the monitor you want to display slide s...

How to change the color of the series markers from yellow to Black
Hello I have a chart with 3 series on it. Every point of one series is represented by a blue square. Every point of another series is a yellow triangle. Every point of the third series is a red circle. Is it possible to change all of the colors to black? Thank you! Sorry, I have just figured this out. "Sam" wrote: > Hello > > I have a chart with 3 series on it. Every point of one series is > represented by a blue square. Every point of another series is a yellow > triangle. Every point of the third series is a red circle. Is it possible > to chan...

Can you sort the worksheets in a workbook
In my workbook I have about 70 worksheets, but I want them i alphabetical order. Is there a quick way I can do this by selecting al sheets and then sorting, or do I really have to go into each one and d it manually -- CarolineHedge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CarolineHedges's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3570 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56240 You can drag and drop manually... or You could use a macro: Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws....

How to change the paper size for all pages?
Hi! I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes the paper size for one page at a time only. Thanks! Thomas Hello Thomas, I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only. You could easily do this using code though. Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like. Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk <miskiewicz2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187171130.966273.24704...

Can I change the comment default font
I would like to be able to customize the font that is used when adding a comment to a cell. Is there a way to do this Assuming you are using windows. either right click the desktop and select properties or do start>control panel>display, then select appearance, scroll to tooltip under item and there you can change the background and font (Tahoma default). Note that it will have an effect on other programs as well Regards, Peo Sjoblom "stp_paul" wrote: > I would like to be able to customize the font that is used when adding a > comment to a cell. Is there a w...

How to change default "Save as" folder in outlook?
Can anyone help, and tell me how I can change the default folder when you select 'save as'. It always defaults to save in 'C:\My documents'. Can this be changed? ...

inverting text box or fonts for artwork
I cannot figure out how to invert text that is inside a text box. If there is not any way to do this is there a way to invert text outside a text box? Thank you for your help Kathy The entire text box gets inverted. If you want just a line or a word to invert, you need to make a separate text box. Just make the box active, select the icon that looks like a line with an arrow head in a circle and click on it. BTW, this is with Publisher 2000. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Kathy Keating" <revskc@mcdeb.com> wrote in message n...