How do I change the default font for comment boxes in Excel

How do I change the default font for comment boxes in Excel
0
cljforbes (1)

You can change font size and colour by going into

Control Panel>Display>Advanced and select Tooltip from the Item drop down
(this is in Windows XP, might be slightly different menu selections in other
Windows versions).

Howevevr, I think Excel will still use the default font of Tahoma, but take
the other attributes from those as set above.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"cljforbes" <cljforbes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I change the default font for comment boxes in Excel

0
roger5293 (1125)
7/19/2005 10:25:43 AM
Hi

move your cursor over a cell containing a comment.  Right click on the cell,
and select Edit Comment.  Now right click on the comment frame, and select
Format Comment.  Select Font, or whatever else you want to change, and make
desired alterations.  Now click on the Border again, and click on Set
Autoshape Defaults, and you're done!

--
j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at.  Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"cljforbes" wrote:

> How do I change the default font for comment boxes in Excel

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

External data link change

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

PC Dead, XP HD to new box
My XP PC died. I bought a new PC, Exchanged HD's, but XP will not complete boot up, It gets to recognizing there is new hardware and asks: "New hardware found, do you want to Install??" And " Do you want broadband or Dial-up?" The Old XP PC had PS/2 Keyboard & PS/2 mouse. New has USB Keyboard & mouse. I would suspect that is at least the 'new hardware' found. I can't answer the question as the new PC does not pass the input from USB input to the old XP system. IS THERE, a way to use the new PC's Windows 7 64bit home ...

more on VBA function name change

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

How to change icon for my application

How can I check a combo box content or value or something
Hi. I need to check if my combobox has something on it, what I mean is if my users choose any value. I need something looked like: if combo1 then msgbox "you must choose an option on Combo1" exit sub end if How can I do something looked like? Regards, Marco Marco, In the AfterUpdate event of the combo type, if IsNull(combo1.text) then msgbox "you must choose an option on Combo1" End If "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B57DBB-74BC-4177-AB68-A87153654F34@microsoft.com... > Hi. I need to check if my combobox h...

Excel taking a long time to delete?
I have a macro which allows me to search for documents with certain criteria, and then writes hyperlinks to those documents into a range of cells on my active worksheet. When I do a new search or when I'm done with the workbook, I delete the entire column. The hyperlinks are written well to the right of and below my data range, so deleting the column doesn't involve shifting any data or formulas, and calculation is set to manual. I've noticed, though, that it usually takes several minutes to delete the one single column. I could get by with just deleting the contents, but now ...

Export OWC to Excel
Hi, Is there anyway that we can export a graph that is generated using OWC to excel programmatically? I know we can do do the export from one of the buttons in the owc chart control itself. What I am looking for is the programmatic way of doing it. Please help. Regards, Rajesh ...

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Change a formula to an acual number

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Nonnumerical Axis in Excel Charts
Hello, Essentially, when plotting a series of Acid/Base ratios in cells with text formatting (ex. "0/100", "10/90", etc.") (X-axis) versus temperature change per ratio (Y-axis), Excel charts the actual row numbers (ex. 1, 2, 3, etc.) for the X-axis instead of "0/100", "10/90", etc. Fraction and Number formatting of the ratio cells does not change this either. Thank you. Robert Agee Purdue University It depends which chart type you use. If you use column chart type, the X axis should be your lables (10/90, etc.) not row numbers. If you use ...

Should I change this code?