How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?

.... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually.
0
frankfine (4)

Try selecting all sheets and then changing the headers, all shoul
change at the same time

Pau

--
Paul Sheppar
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478

Frank,

I think you're referring to the custom header, in File - Page Setup.  If all
the page setup parameters (margins, rows to repeat, etc.)  are to be the
same for all sheets.  Set up one sheet (File - Page setup).  Then select the
remainder of the sheets and use Edit - Repeat Page setup.  If they're
different, and you want only to put in a custom header, use this macro:

Sub SetPageHeading()

Dim sht As Worksheet

  For Each sht In Worksheets
    With sht.PageSetup
        .LeftHeader = ""
        .CenterHeader = "My Page Heading, &""Arial,Italic""per se"
        .RightHeader = ""
        .LeftFooter = ""
        .CenterFooter = ""
        .RightFooter = ""
        .PrintErrors = xlPrintErrorsDisplayed
    End With
    Next sht
End Sub

Substitute any lines as needed.  You can record a macro as you set up and
format a custom header, then use the needed lines in this macro.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"frankfine" <frankfine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually.

0
someone798 (944)
8/10/2005 5:37:18 PM
Is there a command for selecting all worksheets?
Frank

"Paul Sheppard" wrote:

> Try selecting all sheets and then changing the headers, all should
> change at the same time
>
> Paul
>

> --
> Paul Sheppard
> Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394672

0
frankfine (4)
8/10/2005 6:28:02 PM
Frank,

This is about the dumbest reply that's been seen for a while.  Too much
trouble.  Use Paul's suggestion instead (unless there are other Page Setup
parameters that will be different -- in that case use my macro solution).  I
was thinking you can't do page setup on more than one sheet.  You can.  You
can't with Sheet protection.  This isn't about sheet protection.  They'll
let anyone respond in these groups, won't they?  Sorry.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Earl Kiosterud" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Frank,
>
> I think you're referring to the custom header, in File - Page Setup.  If
> all the page setup parameters (margins, rows to repeat, etc.)  are to be
> the same for all sheets.  Set up one sheet (File - Page setup).  Then
> select the remainder of the sheets and use Edit - Repeat Page setup.  If
> they're different, and you want only to put in a custom header, use this
> macro:
>
> Sub SetPageHeading()
>
> Dim sht As Worksheet
>
>  For Each sht In Worksheets
>    With sht.PageSetup
>        .LeftHeader = ""
>        .CenterHeader = "My Page Heading, &""Arial,Italic""per se"
>        .RightHeader = ""
>        .LeftFooter = ""
>        .CenterFooter = ""
>        .RightFooter = ""
>        .PrintErrors = xlPrintErrorsDisplayed
>    End With
>    Next sht
> End Sub
>
> Substitute any lines as needed.  You can record a macro as you set up and
> format a custom header, then use the needed lines in this macro.
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> www.smokeylake.com
>
> "frankfine" <frankfine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> ... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually.

0
someone798 (944)

--
Paul Sheppard
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394672

Right click on any  worksheet tab, then use  Select All

don't forget to ungroup the worksheets when finished, by
right clicking on a worksheet tab and ungroup -- to prevent
making changes afterwards to all your grouped sheets
that would damage your workbook.
---
HTH,

"Paul Sheppard" <Paul.Sheppard.1tkjqd_1123711503.5708@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> frankfine Wrote:
> > Is there a command for selecting all worksheets?
> > Frank
> >
> > Frank
> >
> > Click on the first sheet and if you want to select all sheets in the
> > workbook hold down the shift key and click on the last worksheet, this
> > will select them all
> >
> > If you only want some of the worksheets and they are consecutive then
> > the same as previous but click on the last sheet you want to select
> >
> > Or if you want a number of non consecutive sheets click on the first
> > one and then holding down the CTRL key click on the remaining sheets
> > you want to select
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Paul
>

> --
> Paul Sheppard
> Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394672

Thank you Paul and Richie,
You led me in the right direction, that is right clicking on the the sheet
tab.  There I found "Select all sheets".  It works once and seems to turn
itself off once you change sheets or actions.
The difference in procedures probably is due to our using different
versions.  I use Office Excel 2003.
Frank

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> Right click on any  worksheet tab, then use  Select All
>
> don't forget to ungroup the worksheets when finished, by
> right clicking on a worksheet tab and ungroup -- to prevent
> making changes afterwards to all your grouped sheets
> that would damage your workbook.
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Paul Sheppard" <Paul.Sheppard.1tkjqd_1123711503.5708@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > frankfine Wrote:
> > > Is there a command for selecting all worksheets?
> > > Frank
> > >
> > > Frank
> > >
> > > Click on the first sheet and if you want to select all sheets in the
> > > workbook hold down the shift key and click on the last worksheet, this
> > > will select them all
> > >
> > > If you only want some of the worksheets and they are consecutive then
> > > the same as previous but click on the last sheet you want to select
> > >
> > > Or if you want a number of non consecutive sheets click on the first
> > > one and then holding down the CTRL key click on the remaining sheets
> > > you want to select
> > >
> > > Hope this helps
> > >
> > > Paul
> >

> > --
> > Paul Sheppard
> > Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394672

0
frankfine (4)

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Copy worksheet to new workbook : Values & Formats
Hi, Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new workbook without copying formulas ? Sheets(X).Copy is building links to previous workbook. Thks for help After coping go to Edit->Links, and break links, and excel will replace links with values. If you do it from VBA, which seems so, try with PasteSpecial metod. "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130320762.209498.135290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new > workbook without copying f...

Change a formula to an acual number

Transferring data IN VBA between workbooks
I need to transfer a range of cells for every row one by one from one file File1.xls to a second file File2.xls from within a VBA program. I had it running where it coded a cut and paste but the program runs for 3 hours and If I tried to do anything else where I cut and paste I would get data from my running program when I tried to paste. Is there any way I can do this other than cut and paste ? Dennis I foud out what I was doing wrong I had this Range("A1") = Range("A1:P1") which will work in a single workbook but to a separate workbook you have to put Range("...

Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it?
Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? Puneet Arora -- puneetarora_12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ puneetarora_12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389664 you can hide a sheet on the format> sheet menu.Dont know about the password thng tho sorry -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "puneetarora_12" wrote: > > Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? > > > Puneet...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

Linking Values in Worksheets
Is there a simple method of linking a column of values in one worksheet to another worksheet? I can do it manually, one at a time but is there a way of copying the link down the column? (The columns are identical in length) Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1369 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1370 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1371 etc, etc Many thanks david Hi David try ='C:\Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C1369 and copy down Frank DavidM wrote: > Is there a simple method of linki...

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...