How do I change existing text from lower case to upper case

How do I change existing text in lower case to upper case
0
Cameron1 (18)

same as  your previous question,  if the duplication was on purpose
it is a waste of everyone's time involved including your own.
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper

"CT Cameron" <CT Cameron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> How do I change existing text in lower case to upper case

0
dmcritchie (2586)
11/30/2004 1:04:02 AM
formula
=upper(a1)
macro
range("a1")=ucase(range("a1"))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"CT Cameron" <CT Cameron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I change existing text in lower case to upper case

0
Don

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

formatting text on chart for specific values
Please help! I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for those dates on the Y axis. I'd like to show all of the dates that have downtime=0 as blue text, but I can't figure out how to make only those with a y value of 0 show up as blue on my chart. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Hi, This page may help with the formatting of axis labels. http://www.andypope.info/charts/hiliteaxislabels.htm Cheers Andy satraver wrote: > Please help! I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for > those dates on the Y axis. I'd like to show ...

VBA solution to paste text into megred cells
I do realize that merged cells are bad news. I'm stuck with an Excel 2003 worksheet, which contains this dreaded feature. Users are complaining that on trying to paste text into merged cells gives Excel Warnings: "Data on the Clipboard is not the same size and shape as the selected area. Do you want to paste anyway?" And: "Cannot change part of a merged cell." Interestingly, though if the user hits F2, which places the cursor in the formula bar, then the paste operation works! I'm usually reasonably of Ok with VBA; but this ...

Anyone found an easy way to search Case history?
Specifically the case notes, but I'll take what I can get. Use the advanced find, Look for 'Notes'/ 'Activity', define your search criteria: Regarding(Case) --> Case: Contains data. Result returned: all notes/ activity created in cases. If no criteria set but click on Find directly, every notes/activity created in MSCRM returned. "Jon" wrote: > Specifically the case notes, but I'll take what I can get. > > ...

OUTLOOK 2007
I purchased new notebook from Dubai having Vista Home. While uising OUTLOOK 2007, the email messages make and receipts in Plain text receive in Right to Left Direction. My requirment is default text direction as Left to Right. I think problem is coming becuase of arabic or Urdu language which is set in Window Vista. I have tried all option i.e. set language as English, key board as US, email template as left to right direction but this problem is not solved till todate. I request Microsoft or member in Discussion group to help me for solving this problem. Tools, options, left to ri...

The case of the disappearing signature
Can anybody confirm and/or explain this? 1. Start with Outlook 2007 with at least two Accounts and a signature. 2. Open a New message (in HTML or plain text format) 3. Type a message (not actually necessary) 4. Insert signature 5. Click on the Account icon and change to another account. The signature disappears !?! Mike Tordoff <tordoff@monell.org> wrote: > Can anybody confirm and/or explain this? > > 1. Start with Outlook 2007 with at least two Accounts and a signature. > 2. Open a New message (in HTML or plain text format) > 3. Type a message (not actually necessary...

How to customize Outlook 2003, e.g. remove button text in toolbar?
I cannot find where to do that :( Thanks, Tien, Right click on the toolbar, select Customize, then right click on the button, select Default style. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Do Quyet Tien asked: | I cannot find where to do that :( | Thanks, | Tien, Thanks, but why is it easy like customize IE toolbars, just select option "No text labels...

How to substitute for a non-existing column in a joined table
Hi, Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined table for which a corresponding row does not exist? The following example (not a working one, of course) illustrates what I'm after. I'd like to return 'N/A' as c2name if there is no matching row in t2 SELECT t1.c1 (CASE t2.t1pk WHEN NULL THEN 'N/A' ELSE t2.name END) AS c2name, FROM t1 LEFT JOIN t2 ON t2.t1pk = t1.pk Thanks. On 2010-04-21 21:05, bob wrote: > Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined > table for which a ...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box
All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something in Excel 2002. The box says, "The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? __ Save a Copy __ Overwrite changes even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years. The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box. Help! Than...

How to change GAL from outlook
Hello I posted this to the other group but this might be more suitable: Background: I'm now connected to our domain example.local. Domain controller is W2K and has Exchange 2000 installed. I have Outlook 2002 on my XP pro. Address book and mails are working fine. Problem: I need change my Outlook to connect to other Exchange (let's call it E2) outside of our domain. I have managed to do that but Outlook shows global address book from my domain instead of E2. I don't need to use old exchange anymore but there are users that are still connected to the old one so I cannot...

Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut = -- for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META con...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Counting Texts
If cell A1 contains a paragraph of texts and if I want to count just letter "W"s (Upper or lower case), How can I achieve this? Example: A1 contains "How now brown cow" the formula should return "4". Thank you. Write a macro and use the VBA functions Instr(strName, "w") together with Split(strName, "w") and count the number of times that it finds "w" or "W" Chris "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC60AA13-B569-4C55-BDC7-1B6295CDAFB9@microsoft.com... > If cell A1 co...

Emails missing text
We have about 80 users on our Exchange server. We have 2 users that have an issue with reading their email. It appears that when they open the email the right side of the email/text is gone. When I shadow their session I can see the entire email but they cannot. It is as if they right section of the text of the email was deleted. I'm sorry I'm not explaining this well. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks ...

Export excel file to semicolon delimited text file
Hello all. We have the need to export a file from excel to a semicolon delimited text file. Is there a way to do this from Excel directly? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA for your help. If you change your regional settings to use the semicolon as your list separator, you can save as .csv and it should work. But this may affect other programs, too--since it's a windows setting. windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options| regional options tab|customize button near the bottom. On the other hand, if you don't want to fiddle with...

see contacts at lower left pane???
in outlook express i used to be able to view contacts in lower left beneath my folders. is this possible in outlook? thx in advance! No. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gordo" <Gordo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38D1AB48-BC5E-4BFF-AFE3-D297A25EED14@microsoft.com... > in outlook express i used to be able to view contacts in lower left > beneath > my folders. is this possible in outlook? > > thx in advance! Gordo <Gordo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > in outlook express i used to be able to view contacts in lower left...

changing entry's quickly #4
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

How to change caption on 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class?
Hi, Does anyone know how to change the caption on the 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class? I derived a class CPlotSettingsDialog1. Here is it's OnCreate. int CPlotSettingsDialog1::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CPropertySheet::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; CRect WindowRect; GetWindowRect(&WindowRect); WindowRect.bottom = WindowRect.bottom + 60; MoveWindow(&WindowRect); return 0; } all the code does is make the bottom of the property sheet a bit longer. It still has the 3 default buttons. I need to either re-caption t...

text size in reading pane
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

send email when case notes change?
Hello, Is there any way to configure the workflow so that an email can be sent when the notes of a case have changed? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518 You cannot create a workflow for note. I think the only way to achive your goal is to write a custom PostUpdate callout for the Annotation (Note). You could check if the note is related to the entity of type "case" (objecttypecode) and only then send some custom e-mail. ...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...