How do I break a chart data range

Most values in my chart are under 200000 but I have one that's 1.3 million which makes the others look tiny and unreadable. Is there a way to break the range to show the large value and the smaller values closer together?

Hi
have a look at
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/index.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#Broken

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Tara wrote:
> Most values in my chart are under 200000 but I have one that's 1.3
> million which makes the others look tiny and unreadable. Is there a
> way to break the range to show the large value and the smaller values
> closer together?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
3/4/2004 3:53:26 PM
http://andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

---

charts and cells
I have a worksheet with a name in cell A1. There are 18 charts on the worksheet. I'd like to have the chart headings read the name in cell A1 and display that as part of the chart heading on each of the 18 charts. Then, I'd also like to create multiple copies of this worksheet, change the name in cell A1 on each of the copies, and have the new names from cells A1 of each worksheet appear on the 18 charts on that page. I have a less than satisfactory workaround when there's only 1 page. It involves creating a picture of cell A1 and overlaying it where the chart headings are. ...

Organization chart
I'm trying to build an org chart from an access 2000 database using Visio 2000. The database contains Greek text fields. The text appears as question marks. Anyone know how to do this ? I'm not sure you will get answers from this forum... I have asked the same question in multiple ways, but no one ever addresses the basic question: Why can't Visio access, use, print, view, or otherwise deal with any other font type than TTF, and even if it a TTF, only the first 256 characters of the font can be used (which makes useless the Unicode logic). (see previous post). I have had to w...

VBA to TRIM(CLEAN(All Cells in Used Range))
Using XL 97 & 2003 Help re: writting the most efficient VBA code to 1) select all cells in "Used Range" (got that I think) 2) Replace each cell in that used range with Trim(Clean(each cell)) [Not so easy] Thoughts? TIA Dennis Excellent! The answer: Sub TrimCleanCells() ' Trims & Cleans all constants (does not effect formula cells) ' ' Dim Rng As Range, myCell As Range Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells (xlCellTypeConstants, 23) For Each myCell In Rng myCell.Value = WorksheetFunction.Trim (WorksheetFunction.Clean(myCell.Valu...

Help! Need data.bak from Publisher 2002 disk
Help! I went to reinstall Publisher 2002 after reformatting the hard drive only to find a problem reading the file data.bak on my cd. Specifically, \files\pfiles\msoffice\appdata\ms\office\data\data.bak Would some kind soul email it to me: phylisleigh AT yahoo DOT com If its too big for my yahoo account, email me how big it is and I'll see if it can be emailed to a friend. THANKS XXXOOOXXX After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Phylis <phylisleigh@yahoo.com>... > I went to reinstall Publisher 2002 after reformatting the hard drive > onl...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

how do I populate a cell with data from another worksheet, #2
I have two worksheets, both with similar data. Say columns are Acc No, Acc Name and VAT number. Unfortunately the VAT number does not correspond on each worksheet. How can I populate 1 worksheet with the VAT number so that the data is collected on one worksheet? I have tried VLookup, but I'm not really conversant with it so would appreciate any help. Many thanks Denise Hi Denise You don't say which one is correct so you will have to change the formula as appropriate. I would be inclined to make a brand new Sheet, leaving all of the other data intact. First, mark the range ...

Matching data 02-15-10
Hi everyone, I get database outputs in the form of CSV tables. There are 3 tables Location , Learner and Result. MS Query is used to match up the data from the 3 tables i.e each learner is based in a paticular location and will have several different results. Then the criteria are changed to query the data. There are 5 subjects in the Subject field of Result and these have 3 to 5 components e.g coursework, test etc. Each combination is outputted to a separate Excel sheet and then I use Index match functions to produce 1 row of data for each Learner. I hope I've explain...

Borders
I am creating a quote template in excel. To get the correct 'look and feel', I have used borders. This is fine if the quote can be contained on a single printed sheet, however, as soon as I go into a second page, I cannot get the border to recognise a page break. In other words, I have a series of vertical border lines but no horizontal border to signafy the end of one page and the start of another - Can this be automated? Many thanks! Excel 2002 ...

subform data needs to be saved in main form's table
I have 2 tables. One table will store student names temporalily and the other will store several hundred company names - that are not temporary. I have an unbound combo box in my main form which queries the company table. When a company is selected, it's details appear in the subform. So, if I have a company selected, and several student names typed in the main form, it all looks perfect. Now, I want to save all of the information in the main table (the student table) so I can do mail merge in MS Word...How would I get that sub form information from the company table to save in...

Need to extract data mid-string.
Here's what I have: \\lavaur4\PHIWEBEurope\SWAN_Swissco\Default.htm: 754And here's what I'm trying to get back: Swissco\Default.htmThe number of characters from the left will always be the same, 28. And thestring will always be trimmed after the ":" (colon). I'm struggling with how to use mid, left, right to get out what I need. Thanks in advance!Kellie-- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:19:27 GMT, KFox via AccessMonster.com wrote:> Here's what I have: \\lavaur4\PHIWEBEurope\SWAN_Swissco\Default.htm: 754> And here&...

How do I set up a circle within a circle chart?
I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents the total amount of something. That is, it represents 100%. I'd like to then have one or more circles inside it to represent subset(s) of the large circle. For example, the large circle might be all people in a zip code. The small circle could be female residents, or left-handed people. It would be neat to be able to have more than one subset circle, but I'd settle for one for now. Ken Wrote: > I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents th > total > amount of something. That is,...

Can you get line breaks in a text cell
I've got Excel XP and there is a form I'm creating that requires some free text input. Is there a way I can put in a line or para break into a cell (as you can in a cell of a word table). Can't easily use separate cells as the number of paras can vary. I could use word but then I lose the facility to use excel on all the cells that contain data. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. TIA Rob Just hit Alt-Enter which editing a cell to start a new line RFJ wrote: > I've got Excel XP and there is a form I'm creating that requires some free > text input. &...

Hiding 0 in pie charts
I have database that has alot of zero's in it and I'm trying to plot a pie chart but without the zero's visible on the pie charts as you get lots of leader lines with zero percentages. Each cell, including the zero cells, are calculated through an equation so they are not blank cells and excel doesn't seem to be reading them as plain zero's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Hi, If numbers are in column B I usually create next column (e.g. C) with a formula =if(b1 == 0,"",b1) in the row 1 (for other rows similar formula with different number) and I ...

hard drive data retrieval
I crashed my computer and had to buy a new one. All my email contacts are on the old computers hard drive which I kept. How do I go about retrieving my contact information off of my old hard drive? Walt Either connect the disk directly to your new motherboard - jumper it correctly if it is an IDE disk - or buy a USB external disk case and fit it in that. Again, jumper it as master if it is an IDE disk. The data will be visible when you have assigned a drive letter to the disk in Disk Management, if this does not happen automatically. Transfer procedures will depend on w...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

Intermittent problem in data transfer MSAccess to Oracle using VB
I created a small executable which runs 5 days a week as a scheduled task. It retrieves data from a MSAccess database and writes to an Oracle database. I write to a log file to make sure the process runs to completion. It worked fine for about two weeks then the app would abort, but only intermittently which makes it very difficult for me to troubleshoot. I tried a number of things without luck, and I am currently pursuing the problem from the Oracle end of things but wanted to see if anyone here has any advice. Here's the running code in its entirety; the only changes I m...

Page Breaks
When I add a page break on one page I get a paragragh return on the next page which brings down the copy on the page....How do I have a page break without the return on the following page? Unless the paragraph mark is before a table, you should be able to delete it. But you can work around this in any case by formatting the text on the desired new page as "Page break before." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "designermom" <designermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Supply and Demand Charting
Can I chart supply and demand and show the a shift in either supply or demand? I am basicaly looking to chart the following question. Draw a supply-demand diagram of the market for rental apartments in the neighborhoods surrounding a university. Illustrate the effect on monthly rents of a sharp decrease in state support of public higher education, combined with large increases in tuition and curriculum fees (assume that room and board fees in the dorms remain unchanged). Data would be as follows: Rent 800 1000 1200 1400 1600 Supply 20...

Pasting excel sheets with charts
I am trying to paste an excel sheet that contains 5 charts, into another excel workbook to send to another user. I am not including the data sources, just the charts. When I open it, the formats have changed. I am breaking the links, because the other users do not have the data. I just want them to have the charts in the same format I see them. Any ideas? One way to do it would be to copy each chart as a picture select the chart (hold down the shift key)<Edit> <Copy as picture> Paste each of the pictures into a empty workbook and send this workbook one of the advantages o...

Extracting data from Outlook.
Here's what I would like to do, not sure if it is possible or not. There are many emails coming into Outlook regarding status from different servers, I want to extract the data, and dump it into a Excel Spreadsheet, is this possible? If so how. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Are the status messages all in the inbox or some other specific Outlook folder? Is there something in the subject line to differentiate status messages from other mail? Do...

Securing data
What's the best way of securing online databases and web services? At present I am using a database password, which of course is not hard-coded into the web service, but this means re-submitting it with every function call from my windows client. Any alternatives? James, What exactly do you mean with "securing data". It sounds like you're trying to restrict database access to users that have a user account and password. Be careful with that because you might submit user name and password in clear text with every function call. Can you elaborate more on your environment, ar...

When data look exactly the same but...
Hi all, What's the cause of incidents when data in two cells, looking exactly the same, are not recognised by Excel as the same? It happens quite often when: - vlookup function doesn't return any value even though the lookup_value exist and looking exactly the same in lookup table; - the same data appears multiple times when you do advanced filtering and check "unique records only" checkbox; etc. etc. I've looked at usual suspects, like numbers entered as text?, space at the end of the record?, so on so forth, but, believe it or not, sometimes, these ...

Migrating data from one server to another using Excel Export -> Im
I am trying to migrate CRM3 data from one server to another. The data contain different records. So in fact I will be merging data from one server to another. I plan to use the "Export to an Excel Sheet" function available in all views to save the data in an excell sheet, then perform Tools>Import from a file on the other server to retreive the data and merge it in the this second server. I was surprised to see that you can only import record types: Account, Contact, Lead and Campaign Response !!! So what can I do for the other types such as: Orders, Invoices, Competitor...

HELP on DATA and populating forms PLEASE READ...
I need help on this: I have a worksheet that has a list of emp names and address/phone#s etc.. ( 300 + names) I have a form that need to be populated with this information. I would like to be able to start to populate the form by typing in the last name of the emp in the form and being able to select from a list of emp. the correct one and the rest of the associated information fill in the rest of the fields. See these links: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP <Lil-Bull> wrote in message news:p64sd39ge...

Great Plains Data Conversion
Are their utilities to load data into Great Plains from another financial system? It would need to be able to load Receipts, PO, Sales Orders, Inventory, etc. Thanks, The Integration Manager is the best tool for this. Yes, you could use DTS or a couple of other functions, but the Integration Manger supports all of the business rules and table relationships found in GP. If you are only performing a one time conversion, talk to your VAR. I believe there may be a limited time license available. Otherwise, the VAR may be willing to perform the one time integration for you. Richard L....