HOW DO I autofill when filtering...

Hi, when i do autofilter.

i want to autofill only does cells that are visible.

however when i autofill, it also fills in the filtered cells.

thanks :

You have to use copy/paste
Copy a cell
Select an area
Edit/Goto/special/visible cells
Past

sokevin

After you have your autofilter on, Edit>Go To>Special>
 "Visible cells only".

With these cells selected try your Autofill.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:56:14 -0500, sokevin
<<sokevin.14seno@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>Hi, when i do autofilter.
>
>i want to autofill only does cells that are visible.
>
>however when i autofill, it also fills in the filtered cells.
>
>thanks :)
>

>---

Gord

Autofill Formulas
Hello. I have a workbook with 31 sheets of data. Each sheet is a form with a record of data. I would like extract the data into a list. For example, range A5 is the same field on each sheet, so I want to autofill a formula reference the same cell on different sheets. I suspect I need a macro for this, but wanted to make sure first. Can you autofill like this =Sheet1!$A$5, =Sheet2!$A$5, =Sheet3!$A$5? -- Thanks, Mike =INDIRECT("Sheet" & (ROW()) & "!A5") Entered in A1 of new sheet. Copy down to A31............will increment the Sheet numbe...

how to i control autofill
Hello, Suppose I enter a formula in cell B2 and I want this formula to autofill down to cell B55000. If I click and drag down to cell B55000, there are two problems: it takes too long to scroll all the way down to cell B55000, and by the time i actually get there the scroll speed is so fast that i usually pass the cell. Is there a way to autofill a formula so that I don't have to do it by manually dragging the formula down to cell B55000? Thanks, Joe -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi two options that i know of: 1) if there is data in column A down to A55000 (or co...

Filter Combo Box on a Form
We have a One to Many form that displays all of our classes in the one portion and every student registered for each class in the subform. There is a combo box on the form that works very well, but contains too many choices for my supervisor. When the user clicks on the combo box, it runs a query that displays all scheduled classes in the future, plus all classes that were completed within the last 90 days. In other words, all classes greater than 90 days ago. That's too many classes for my supervisor who wants the ability to enter a starting/ending date so she can restrict the com...

Search Filter
I have multiple unbound text/combo fields in a form. Once you input your criteria I have a command button that when you click on it based on your criteria it will return a list of customers in your text field. I have command button to scroll through the list and a check box next to it to select a various customer you would like to print out on a report. My problem seems to be when multiple users are in this form it is not clearing out the previous user’s selections. Ideas on how to resolve this issue? I have never had this problem before but based on what you have said here ...

Excel 2003, Auto Filter Help!
I have a 21,000 row XML file that I pull into Excel every morning: Data / Import Data / Select Data Source / OK ...and all is well ....until I updated to a new PC and had to reload Excel. Now I get autofilters at the top of each column, and it won't load all the data. I know I can go in AFTER I load and uncheck Data / filter / autofilter and it will remove the filter queues on the top row, but I DON'T know how to set up an option where it will not format with auto filters from the get-go. ...so I can load this data completely. What am I missing here?! Thanks! - Hu - ...

Statement printing and filtering
Is there a way to limit how much detail shows up on the statements or any way to limit them from going back to a certin point in time? I think I'm looking for some QuickBooks type flexibility here. Thanks in advance for any insight provided. ...

Missing information when filtering
Hi, My report is about our clients and employees working with them. I need to make a filter on the client's name and the month. When I filter on the client's name, I have an employee name missing but the information about that employee missing is under other employees. When I don't have a filter on a specific client, that employee is there. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be pease? Thanks, Julie Would need to see the SQL for the report and how you apply your filter. -- Build a little, test a little. "JulieL" wrote: > Hi, > ...

After filtering and saving, excel will no longer display..
After filtering and saving changes, excel will not display any of the rows on the worksheet. I've figured out how to display the rows manually 1 by 1, but when I do that it wont scroll past row 36. Basically I just want to bring up all the information on the worksheet. HELP! Three things to check: Unhide Rows: Select all by clicking on the small square above row 1 and left of column A For 2003: Click on Format > Row > Unhide For 2007: Have Home ribbon visible, click on Cells > Format > Hide & Unhide, then select unhide rows Unfreeze For 200...

How do I remove a filter on my main INBOX in Outlook 2007?
I am running OUTLOOK 2007. When I view a message in my INBOX but do not move it, and click off the message to the next message, the message disappears from the INBOX. The Inbox says it has 30 messages but displays none of them The INBOX says "FILTER APPLIED" How do I determine what filter is applied and turn it off? You should be able to go to your View Menu and drill down to your current view, and it's probably set to "Unread Messages". You'll want it set to All Messages. Joe "Greg DC" <GregDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Filtering Integrations
I have a set up with multiple companies and multiple integrations for each company. Is there any way to filter the integration list or prevent an integration from begin run with the wrong company open? Many thanks in advance, Kevin I had a similar integration issue, but more like making sure we didn't put the wrong GL account in the wrong company. I used the scripting in IM do do some checking based on the Database ID I was logged into vs. the first 4 numbers of an account string. You might be able to take the technique and expand on it to do your checking. I put this in the ...

Pivot Autofilering Items
Dear All, I'd like to see only the valid items on the drop down list on the "Page Field" area . An example. Source Data: Model - Color - Full Optional - Qty FIAT BLU YES 10 OPEL GREEN NO 12 BMW RED NO 14 In the Page field I put the Model, Color and Full Optional field. When I filter the item FIAT on the field Model and then I want to filter the Color field, I'd like see only the color regarding the FIAT model (BLU), bu...

Autofill on addressing
Trying to set up Outlook on new PC as I had it on old one where e mail address is automatically offered when part of a name is inserted, but no luck in finding it. Trevor Appleton <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote: > Trying to set up Outlook on new PC as I had it on old one where e mail > address is automatically offered when part of a name is inserted, but > no luck in finding it. What version of Outlook? For OL 2003, it's Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail Options: Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields. -- Brian Tillman ...

Ranking within a Filtered Worksheet
Anyone know if you can rank filtered data in Excel? I want to filter out some rows and rank the rest but the hidden data seems to be screwing up the ranking. Essentially, the worksheet has three sets of data that I would like to rank separately. Thanks, Ralph Noble You can add columns to your table, to calculate the rank. For example, to rank an item in column G, with data starting in row 2: --In cell H1, add the heading RankAmt1 --In cell H2, enter the following formula: =SUBTOTAL(9,G2) --In cell I1, add the heading Rank1 --In cell I2, enter the following formula: =RANK(H2,$H$2:$H$400) ...

Autofill
When entering data into fields that verify against a database, such as vendor IDs, accounts, checkbook names, and so forth, have the program suggest a logical selection, much like Excel does with its autofill feature. AutoComplete functionality was added in v8.0 of Great Plains and remembers the Key field values that you use. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and no...

Autofill hyperlinks
Can you tell me how to autofill a hyperlink formula so that both the file path and the friendly name change incrementally? I'm using the hyperlink function, and need to copy it down so that the file name changes (dec 8.pdf, dec 9.pdf...) and the friendly name also changes (Dec 8, Dec 9...) The formula I am using is: =HYPERLINK("g:\public\DP\dec 7.pdf","Dec 7") Thank you! Try this: =3DHYPERLINK("g:\public\DP\dec "&ROW(A7)&".pdf","Dec "&ROW(A7)) ROW(A7) will return 7, and so will be equivalent to what y...

Autofill ID fields
I am using Microsoft Access 2002 SP3. I have one main table named Issues and several supporting tables all related on the ID field. The Issues table ID field has an Autonumber to populate the field when a new record is created. What I would like to accomplish is to have the supporting table’s auto fill the ID field using the last ID created in the Issues table. On my Issues form I have a combo box that depending on the selection will open the corresponding form to the particular table. When the form opens I want the Issues form to close and the ID field to auto fill with the la...

IMFv2 filter update failing on install
I received the update in my Microsoft Update this morning, but when i try to install it, it fails with this error: Error Code: 0x80244022 Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources. This is a windows exchange 2003 standard server with sp2 running on a windows 2003 standard server with sp1. It's a front end server (which handles my smtp, passing everything back to my BE server, which is an enterprise exchange 2003 and enterprise windows 2003 server). I have the IMF turned on, the registry entries have been created. I did use to use IM...

autofill?
ok i have a File.. preety big that has tabs like these on the bottom .. Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4.. all the way too Z979 Now i have a summary sheet in the Fron where i have this in the cell: =Z1!A1 =Z2!A1 =Z3!A1 ... now is there a way i can auto fill this all way down.. someone pleas help.. i need to get this done than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you want sheet name that could be confused by Excel as cell addresses or defined range names. You can rename your sheets to anyname that you want to use and you build a table of contents at front, see http://www...

Autofill
I'm having a problem with autofill. I can drag and drop but when I want to see the options, before I can mouse over to the options box, the box vanishes as soon I've moved off the initial cell that was copied. I'm not fast enough to get to the options, so it would be good if someone could tell me how to keep the options box available. The Auto Fill Option button is displayed after you select the AutoFill option in the Series dialog box. To show the Series dialog box, use one of the following procedures In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, click the Home tab, and then cl...

Copy-Paste Subtotals in Filtered Lists
Is it possible to paste just the subtotals from a filtered list. I hav tried to copy and paste the second level in outline view but when paste I get the whole list rather than just the subtotals -- Howar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Howard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26679 Hi after selection your data range try: - hit F5 and click 'Special' - choose 'Visible cells only' - now copy and paste your data -- Reg...

autofill limits
Excel autofill does not work with large numbers with text in front. I can get it to work with the number smaller than MT800225000 but if it is larger - MT800225000300, it will not sequence the numbers. Are there limitations to the amount of text characters that will work? If so what are the alternatives? "Candy" <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D3689C3-5B78-4F50-8710-A01EC8311159@microsoft.com... > Excel autofill does not work with large numbers with text in front. I can > get it to work with the number smaller than MT800225000 but i...

setting filter rule for email
Hi, can someone tell me how to set up a rule to automatically put incoming email with a missing name in the "From" field (i.e. the sender field is blank) in the trash folder? Thanks, ~C ...

Autofill #3
Somehow my autofill options box that appears when you fill cells has been turned off. I have looked through the options on tools and can't see where to turn it back on. Can someone help with this? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi Tools - Options - Edit -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:183BAF28-1001-4363-88F1-A315E632B3E4@microsoft.com... > Somehow my autofill options box that appears when you fill cells has been > turned off. I have looked through the options on tools and can't see where &g...

Filter records not meeting criteria
Hi all, I have a table of training records, and I want to run a query to filter out a list of staff, from a staff table, which indicates those who haven't completed a particular course. TblStaff and TblTraining both have [EmployeeNumber] field relationship. TblTraining has [CourseCode], CourseDesc] fields example 363, Fire Training I want a list of staff from TblStaff who haven't completed their fire training in the last 9 months... Hope that makes sense! thanks in anticipation and cheers DubboPete Use a subquery, Pete. Example in: Subquery Basics: Identifying what is NO...

Signature doesn't autofill
Office 2003, WinXP. Until recently, if I typed my first name in an email, then hit enter, my signature block would fill in. Now it doesn't, though new emails have my signature on them, as do replies to some people (depending on their email program). Where do I turn this back on all the time? Thanks, Mich You were apparently using Word's AutoText feature. You should be able to = use the Insert | AutoText commands to determine if the AutoText entry = still exists and, if not, add a new one.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpsta...