how do I autofil a column with sequential numbers?

0
Yesrek (1)

Put your starting number in a cell, then hold the CTRL key and
formula-drag the cell over the required range
(that is, highlight the cell, and click the small + in the bottom
right corner of the highlight, and drag this whilst holding the CTRL
key)

Yesrek Wrote:

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

Two methods...there are more.

1.  Enter your start number in A1

Select the entire column and Edit>Fill>Series>By Columns

Step value 1 and put in an end number and OK.

2.  Enter 1 in A1 and right-click on fill handle(black lump on bottom right
corner of cell)and drag down column A as far as you want then release mouse
button and select "Fill Series".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:48:04 -0800, Yesrek <Yesrek@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

0
Gord

Duplicate Check Numbers
My checking account in MS Money 2002 goes back to 1996. I use Money to pay bills via Suntrust Bank, and have for all of that time. When I started, my personal checkbook check numbers were in the 1000's and the online service started at Check number 4000. Clear? Now my personal check book numbers are in the 4000 range and there are duplicate check numbers showing up, albeit 10 years apart. Since archiving is such a poor option (I've tried it in the past; massive headache) what are some ideas on how to deal with this situation? Any suggestions appreciated. In microsoft.public.mon...

Sort whith 3 row column heading
I've searched the forum on sorting and can't find this problem. My shee in Excel 2002 has three rows of data that serve as column headings. need for others to be able to easily sort using the toolbar sort keys. When I do this, it doesn't recognize the column headings and sorts the too. If I choose the data range myself, it works - but the users nee a one touch simple method. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Kathy, You need your column headings in one row. You can use Alt-Enter as you enter them to break into separate lines within the cell, or set ...

Prefill column
Below is a sample of the data I download to a spreadsheet. I need to write a macro to fill in the empty cells in column A with the data from the previous cell in the column with data. I know I didn't explain that well but in the example below, I need TF48 to fill in Col A for rows 3,4 & 5. Then T16A would fill in row 7 and T505 in row 9 and 10. I hope I've explained this sufficiently. Thanks in advance for your help. 1 A B C D 2 TF48 $100.00 ABC 20091116 3 $ 50.00 DTR 20091116 4 ...

Wrong week number in calendar
I'm running the swedish version of CRM 1.2. When I activate the show week number, the week number is wrong. Today 27 July 2005, the week number in Sweden is 30, but the calendar shows week 31. Is this a bug or a setting that I can change in the CRM system or SQL Server? Best regards Andreas Sandgren Hi, Anders I have run into this problem, not in regard to CRM though. The thing about numbering weeks is the following: If Jan 1-3 is part of last year (week 53) or Dec 29-31 is part of week 1 instead (the new year) the numbering may play some trick on you. Look at the function below,...

Autofill Formulas
Hello. I have a workbook with 31 sheets of data. Each sheet is a form with a record of data. I would like extract the data into a list. For example, range A5 is the same field on each sheet, so I want to autofill a formula reference the same cell on different sheets. I suspect I need a macro for this, but wanted to make sure first. Can you autofill like this =Sheet1!$A$5, =Sheet2!$A$5, =Sheet3!$A$5? -- Thanks, Mike =INDIRECT("Sheet" & (ROW()) & "!A5") Entered in A1 of new sheet. Copy down to A31............will increment the Sheet numbe...

how to i control autofill
Hello, Suppose I enter a formula in cell B2 and I want this formula to autofill down to cell B55000. If I click and drag down to cell B55000, there are two problems: it takes too long to scroll all the way down to cell B55000, and by the time i actually get there the scroll speed is so fast that i usually pass the cell. Is there a way to autofill a formula so that I don't have to do it by manually dragging the formula down to cell B55000? Thanks, Joe -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi two options that i know of: 1) if there is data in column A down to A55000 (or co...

counting Multiple answers in 1 cell + column
how do u count multiple values in the one cell and down the entire column? i want to count all magazines answers in column A1. i would like to get the answer (4) for magazines, (4) for tv, and (3) for radio. and it does not matter if the counting of the values, magazine,tv,radio, is answered in seperate cells. i tried the formula = COUNTIF(range, "value") but the formula doesnt not count the values if there are more than one value in the cell... see example below A1 A2 1 magazines, tv, radio 2 magazines 3 t...

Automated numberings
For each job there is a quote number (ex. 110701) Everytime I add a row for a new job can the list keep going accurately? ex. PROJECT CUSTOMER Quote Job A DynaTen 110701 TMC DuctWorks Job B Apple 110702 Job C Orange 110703 Step by step help please Either start an autonumber with one less than the desired starting number, or if you already have records, try using: =DMax("QuoteFieldName", "TableName") + 1 as the DefaultValue property or the QuoteField textbox...

Excel columns
Can you create a tab within cells? I have a chart that I need to manually tab either 4 or 6 times within the cells in order for the text to line up on my printout. I don't want the printing to start right at the edge of the chart lines. Is there an easier way to accomplish this? Excel isn't much of a word processor. If you're indenting the value in the cell, take a look at: Format|cells|Alignment Tab|Indent box. If it's between words in cell, I've always used the spacebar. And if I really, really want it to line up nicely, I use a "Courier New" font. It...

Order Number / Reorder No?
When I generate a purchase there is Order Number which is in my case blank...what goes there? Is this the same as if you went into Supplier ~ Item's Supplied and entered a Reorder No? I am pretty certain it is, but I just want to make sure before I mess with this. -- Thank You,; Vince yes. "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C767C14-B9E6-4EAD-A6E6-AC640AB5EAE4@microsoft.com... > When I generate a purchase there is Order Number which is in my case > blank...what goes there? Is this the same as if you went into Supplier ~ > Item...

How to set a few columns on a worksheet which can be edited by ot
Is it possible to protect a worksheet for editing only by myself except for a few selected column's?? See Excel Help on your spreadsheet. Search Unlock specific areas of a protected worksheet You will prompted to enter a password so only you can change the locked cells but your colleagues can edit the unlocked cells. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Helena" wrote: > Is it possible to protect a worksheet for editing only by myself except for a > few selected column's?? ...

arranging in one column to mirror data in another column
I'm being asked to create a "master spreadsheet" that includes information for over 500 school districts. I'm bringing together several different data sets into one sheet. I'm arranging data by hand, which is time consuming. How can I arrange data in one column to exactly match data in another column? That is, with two columns: Column 1 Column 2 -a function that will do the following- Column 2 School A School B School A School B ...

convert numbers to words
Hi all, simple question, how to convert number to words. ex. $ 10,000 ==> ten thousand dollars thanks hi see this site.... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213360 and this site.... http://www.sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html and this site.... http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm yeah....it can get complicated. good luck. regard FSt1 "reza" wrote: > Hi all, > > simple question, how to convert number to words. > ex. $ 10,000 ==> ten thousand dollars > > thanks FSt1... Thanks "FSt1" wrote: > h...

Format a cell with numbers and user defined text
I want to format a cell that will take user defined numbers and text in the following format: 12345678-A Another example would be: 23454368-X The numbers, dash, and text refer to Medicaid identification numbers and I want to be able to have a constant format when these values are entered. ...

relationship between columns
I'm trying to find a way to keep data in two columns matched. Say in Column A I have loan #'s and in column B I have dates. I'm trying to find a way to keep the entered data permanently "married" in relationship to each other. So if I sort column A descending, the dates will move with the proper number. I know this can be done if both columns are highlighted and column A is sorted, but if only A is selected, the dates in B will not change with the corresponding loan number. This would keep from making a really time consuming mistake. Is there a way to do this. Tha...

If and LOOKUP
I want to lookup a value in a table, then return a value to a different column based on the result. For example: Sheet 1 has: col A ------ 1 2 3 4 Sheet 2 (LOOKUP table) has: col A col B ------ ------ 1 Apple 2 Banana 3 Carrot 4 Date I want to write a formula in sheet 1 that says: if the value in col A is 1, enter Apple in col B if the value in col A is 2, enter Banana in col C if the value in col A is 3, enter Carrot in col D if the value in col A is 4, enter Date in...

How do I insert hypens in existing column representing social sec.
I need to insert two hyphens in an existing column of numbers (represents social security numbers) in Excel, i.e. xxx-xx-xxxx. Is there a formual that will accomplish this? Yes, in US excel there is a ssn format under format>cells>number>special it looks like 000-00-0000 that assumes that your data are numbers and not text Regards, Peo Sjoblom "hard head" wrote: > I need to insert two hyphens in an existing column of numbers (represents > social security numbers) in Excel, i.e. xxx-xx-xxxx. Is there a formual that > will accomplish this? ...

Business Card Numbering
Is there any way I can get publisher to auto number business cards on a single sheet from say 1 - 10, then 11 - 20, and so on? There is full information here: http://www.users.bigpond.com/auslandline/publisher/ If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to post back here. -- Yes, but not if you start with the Business Card wizard. Here's a technique which will allow anyone to number any size document. First, create a list of numbers in a format that Publisher can merge from. Publisher can handle most database formats, including text lists, but the easiest way is probabl...

Question about numbers lined up against dates
Hey all, Lets see if I can explain this one..... In Column "A" I have a series pf part number- IE 123, 442, ER45 and a whole load of others. In Column "B" I have a price against each part number IE �45.00, �6.70 and others In column "C" I have delivery dates against each part. IE - 2/3/06, 3/6/08 and lots of others. Part number 123 may be required 2/3/06 and 28/3/06 and also 6/6/08 and is �45 each What I am looking for is a formula that shows part number 123 totals monthly amounts. So part number 123 will show 2 required in March 06 at a value of �90 ...

Number of active cases
Hi, I would like to have an IFrame or field that indicates to the user how many active cases there are on a certain contact. Could someone help me with code for this? ex: "3 open cases!" /Thanks, Lotten you can make a field on contact which hold the number of active cases. You can make plugin to add and decrement the number. /Aamir Hi Lotten, you could do this in a variety of ways: The simplest, but maybe least reliable, is to use Workflow - have a couple of Workflow Rules which increment or decrement the Owning Contacts number of Cases whenever a new Case is added or an...

Autofill on addressing
Trying to set up Outlook on new PC as I had it on old one where e mail address is automatically offered when part of a name is inserted, but no luck in finding it. Trevor Appleton <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote: > Trying to set up Outlook on new PC as I had it on old one where e mail > address is automatically offered when part of a name is inserted, but > no luck in finding it. What version of Outlook? For OL 2003, it's Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail Options: Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields. -- Brian Tillman ...

Triple columns with line numbers
Hello all, I would like to have a document where I have three columns. One would have line numbers in increments of 25, the second would have Old English, and the third would have the modern translation. I've tried doing this with tables as suggested, but Word will not give me line numbers in the table. Any suggestions? With 4000 lines I really don't want to type them all! Thanks kindly. Perhaps you could create the three columns in Excel first. In the column with numbers (A1) put "1" in the first row and a formula in the second row of the column setting the...

column (a)
When I change the style in column (a) a date it also changes column (b) which is hour format or style. -- Wayne Can you give the specific of the format uin column A then what you change it to and the format that changes in column B. "Wayne" wrote: > When I change the style in column (a) a date it also changes column (b) which > is hour format or style. > -- > Wayne Wayne Try de-selecting "Extend list formats and formulas" Tools>Options>Edit Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:19:01 -0800, "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.micro...

Counting Cells in a column depending on another column but excluding duplicates
Hello, I would like to count the total in a column depending on another column, but exclude duplicates. I my case I would like to know how many employees (column A) have taken a course in 2010 (column B). Column A has duplicate names. Column B has 2009 and 2010 as the year the course was taken. I want to count 2009 and 2010 separately. I named the range of column A course_attendees and column B course_taken Name Course Year Wilbert Bugay 2009 Wilbert Bugay 2009 Zahid Gul 2009 Zin Minn Lwin 2009 Zin Minn Lwin ...

Pivot Autofilering Items
Dear All, I'd like to see only the valid items on the drop down list on the "Page Field" area . An example. Source Data: Model - Color - Full Optional - Qty FIAT BLU YES 10 OPEL GREEN NO 12 BMW RED NO 14 In the Page field I put the Model, Color and Full Optional field. When I filter the item FIAT on the field Model and then I want to filter the Color field, I'd like see only the color regarding the FIAT model (BLU), bu...