How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .

I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel.  However I only want
the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some
help on this matter?

Thank you,
Dwain
0
DB (41)

Hi Dwain,

Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation,  available on the Data menu.

See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel.  However I only want
> the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me
> some
> help on this matter?
>
> Thank you,
> Dwain

0
normanjones (1047)

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

vlookup & combo box charts
Hi. My question may be difficult to explain, but here i go. I have a large set of data which I analyze each week. I have created a vlookup function to query weeknum & year which presents my data in a nice table format. I then created a combo box with a "list" of all the colum names of data and "tied in" the drop down line number into my vlookup function. I can now use my drop down list to toggle through my data nicely. Here is my problem. I have a chart which is driven off the data from the vlookup function. As i toggle through my data with my combo box the char...

Conditional Multiple Time Ranges
I have pivot tables that pull from a Data Warehouse that regenerates during 6 time ranges each day. I want to put a message on each pivot table that displays only during these time ranges. I have succeeded in putting a running clock time on the sheet, but can't figure out how to display my text for these 6 ranges. For example, between 8:00 AM and 8:15 AM and 6 other ranges thereafter I want to display text in a cell on the sheet that provides a message to the user. How do I specify these ranges and how do I conditionally show the text for 6 ranges? Thanks for your he...

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Multiple E-mail Accounts in Outlook
I would like to accomplish the following: One of our associates receives e-mail for both herself and our president. I am trying to find a way in Outlook 2003 that she can filter e-mails to her address into one Inbox 'folder' and e-mails to our president in another Inbox 'folder'. Is there any way to automate that? We have Office Pro 2003--but no Exchange Server. Thanks. Use the Rules Wizard > Tools > Rules and Alerts, create a rule to have mail "from" moved into "specified" folder "Jeff" <jeff@tewoods.com> wrote in message ne...

How can i change the default line weight in an excel chart
I select a heavier line weight for a Pivotchart graph so it is easier to see, however every time i change something on the graph from the drop down box the line weight goes back to it default (lighter) weight. ...

one file opens multiple times simultaneously
Hi, Can you help me with a file problem I am having. The Problem: Any excel file when opened the excel program opens multiple copies of it. I am not sure why this is happening. There are no links; they are not templates, etc. For example: one workbook opens 9 of the same workbook. Weird. I appreciate any guidance you can give. Run an updated anti virus and repair or reinstall the application If you want the technical term: It could be any number of things A globally applied VBA could do this just as well as a virus You can find Detect and Repair under the Help Menu. This will ...

Find
When using the find function, is there a way (separators...etc) to search for more than just one keyword or Value? I am looking for a way to search for multiple items with a single query box. I've tried to use Boolean operators, semicolons, commas...etc. I'm using Excel 2000. Am I just out of luck? Thanks Rick 6821065raa Maybe in one special case.... If you're looking for Blue AND book in that order, you could use: blue*book Rick wrote: > > When using the find function, is there a way (separators...etc) to > search for more than just one keyword or Value? I ...

How to remove that box/description of the receipt at the top
Hi there, When I print my receipts in RMS i get this box that says "sales receipt" under my store name/header. I'm not a big fan of this. I was wondering if I can change it to say only ONE THING "Recu Officiel" with no ugly box around it. Please let me know - thanks. Hi Nith - if you're using the receipt.xml template for your receipts, open it with Notepad and navigate to this section <!-- ============================= SUB: PrintTransactionType ============================= --> <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> <T...

Problem related to Dialog Box in a Regular Dll?
Hi All I have created a Regular Dll that statically links with MFC. I want to have a dialog box as a part of my dll. So i insertted a dialog box & created its coressponding classes namely : CDllDialog.h & CDllDialog.cpp. Then i created 2 more .h & .cpp classes namely MyExportClass.h & MyExportClass.cpp The code for the class is as follows: class __declspec(dllexport)MyExportClass { public: BOOL Show_Image_In_ImageViewer(char* cImgFileName, DWORD dwSectorNo, DWORD dwImageSize); }; #include "stdafx.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream.h> #in...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

Text box "print object" becomes unchecked within a Chart
First of all, I'm not sure if I should post this question in "Charts" or "General" or another topic, but I have a workbook that has been around for a few years. It used to print fine; now text boxes w/in charts are no longer printing. The solution is going into eachText Box properties and checking "Print Object". (Unfortuantely, there are many textboxes . . . I have a question posted under programming on how to create a macro to fix this problem.) Thank you for any thoughts . . . ...

addresses in send to box
when I create a new email I click on the To box for the person I am sending the message. In this box all of my contacts have several addresses that keep building up. How do I delete duplicate addresses in this folder. Open the Contacts folder (c:\Users\yourlogin\Contacts) and delete the duplicates. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "HNZ57" <HNZ57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1E56CF4-3C33-4522-821B-AD324FEA015B@microsoft.com... > when I create a new email I click on the To box for th...

Excel 2000 Spell Check
When I click the spell check button on my machine, I get a message saying "spell check complete" but the errors are not picked up. Any idea why and how I can fix it? "Me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >When I click the spell check button on my machine, I get a >message saying "spell check complete" but the errors are >not picked up. Any idea why and how I can fix it? US English vs UK English maybe one of the problems? It's also possible someone has fubarred your custom dictionary. What are the words? If you have Word, what...

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

OWA & Multiple mail addresses
Hey there, we're having a small (well actually pretty big to the users) issue. As we all know you can asign aliases to a mailbox. The big problem with exchange is you can not easily send mail using one of the aliases (or I've been overlooking some things for a long long time). Now in outlook we usually solve this by adding fake POP accounts, and then disable the send/recieve for them (there's also an article on this on slipstick.com). We enter an incorrect POP server with a correct SMTP server (usually the exchange server). This will allow you to select the account under which yo...

Multiple Sends
This was posted on the Entourage newsgroup, but thought some you Word guys might know the answer to this. -- Diane ------ Forwarded Message From: <Clonezone@officeformac.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 02:13:28 -0800 Subject: Multiple sends Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Email Client: pop Hi All, I'm doing a mail merge from Word for Mac (12.1.0) The message is composed in HTML and also contains images (.jpg) and text. The email data source is from Excel (12.1.0). I make sure I have disabled ...

report manager excel
Hi I'm trying to print out more than one copy of a report i have created in report manager . However when i select 2 copies it print 2 of page 1 2 of page 2 etc rather than collate the whole report first then print a second report..any ideas many thanks ...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

excel xla
Hello, someone send me a xla file. how can i see the code and embed worksheet on it? Do i need to use special editor or else? please help. Start a new workbook. Record a macro into that workbook. File|saveas|addin. And you've got one to experiment on. nickc wrote: > > Hello, > someone send me a xla file. > how can i see the code and embed worksheet on it? > Do i need to use special editor or else? > please help. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Open it in Excel, press Alt-F11. Double-click the sheets/modules/etc in the tree view to see the code. ThisWorkbook...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

Combo Box 04-30-07
Hi,can any one tell me how to update a different field based on what you pick in the Combo Box? Example if I pick "60K" from my combo ,I would like my next field to update to a set # such as 60,000 ,I have a different values in the combo Box that I want to set to different values in the next field .I have tryed a little Variable(Dim "" As) coding but can not get the thing to work,Thanks for any help -- Dwayne On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:06:02 -0700, Dwayne B <DwayneB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi,can any one tell me how to update a different field based ...

Combo Box in Queries
When I run an append query I set it up to ask for an item number, can I include a drop down list of the items to select from? (A combo Box) I only use Macros I am not familiar with script or programming. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200709/1 Not within the macro or query. But you can build a form with a combo box on it, open the form and let the user select the value, then have the user click a button to run the query and let the query read the value from the form (remember to not close the form befo...

What is this yellow box? ..Not a comment
Hello, My friend and I are pretty proficient in Excel, but have never seen this before. When selecting a cell, a yellow box pops up with information. I can move the box around the sheet, but it does not appear to be a comment. (When I do add a comment in the sheet, I can right click the comment to change properties and it also has a line attaching it to the cell it's commenting on - this yellow box does not). I've tried searching help, etc but don't know enough of what to look for. Any help would be appreciated! I'll send you a screenshot if you need more info...