How do I annotate the cell results from Excel to a Hyperlink?

I have a cell that has a part number in it that I have generated and I want
to go to the web to find pricing on it.  I have a link to a web page for
pricing and all I need to do it to annotate this part number from the cell to
the end of the hyperlink that I have.  How do I do this?  Thanks
0
kgagne (1)

Let's say you want to add "abc" to the end of the following text

"http://www.abccorp.com/"

and "abc" is in cell A1

=HYPERLINK("http://www.abccorp.com/"&A1)

"kgagne" wrote:

> I have a cell that has a part number in it that I have generated and I want
> to go to the web to find pricing on it.  I have a link to a web page for
> pricing and all I need to do it to annotate this part number from the cell to
> the end of the hyperlink that I have.  How do I do this?  Thanks
0
BarbR (262)

Counting misc object in cells
Hi, hoping someone can shed some light on this. I want to sum a column that contains the following symbol "�". The following formula does not work. =COUNTA(C5:C35, "�"), where "�" would count for 1, and an unfilled cell equals 0. Help appreciated. regards, Nik -- Ntisch ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ntisch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5791 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497774 HI Nik Try: =COUNTIF(C5:C35,"�") ...

Excel Data Validation Combo box using Named Ranges
Hello, I am trying to follow the directions from... http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html using office 2007 but nothing I'm doing is working! I enabled the developer tab and followed everything down to a tee but no luck. I finally downloaded the sample and even it doesn't work the way its supposed to! Looked at the code and it says option explicit at the very top. I do not know VB but im guessing the code isn't working right. Does anyone know how to do this or a site listing instructions for office 2007? Tried doing searches for this but it seems like every...

MS Excel Cells
can i split a single cell in excel diagonally and put type in each side ? Short answer is no. But you can fake a lot of things http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=jemcgimpsey-32EEF4.06432707022004@msnews.microsoft.com --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Ddman" <Ddman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6E85364-9...

how to add a cell value to a letter to reference another cell
Is it possible to take the value of a cell (say the value of 83 that's in cell A1) and append it to a letter (Z) so that a subsequent formula can get a value that's in Z83. Hope this make's sense. Thanks in advance for the help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way, =INDIRECT("Z"&A1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mac Macaroo" <Mac.Macaroo.vo1rn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Mac.Macaroo.vo1rn...

::: Excel
Hello, Will anyone know how many tabs one Excel file can include ? Thanks for your input ... I will search on my side. Jacques Hi Jacques, From Excel HELP: Sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176749959.961608.103850@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | Will anyone know how many tabs one Excel file can include ? | | Thanks for your input ... I will search on my side. | | Jacques | Jacques, You don't say which version of Exce...

Excel interactivity
Can someone tell me if there is a way to save an Excel spreadsheet as a web page that allows you to use the "FIND" feature? I used the interactivity button, but I don't seem to have FIND as an option when I do that. Any ideas? Thank you! ...

Gridlines distorted when adding images to an excel webpage
Hello all. Maybe someone will know how to help me with this. I am trying to make a simple menu for our cafeteria to put on our school web page. Everything looks great, but when I add some images (not all of them do this) it distorts the gridlines. Some have spaces, and some indent in. I just recently discovered it doesn't do this in Mozilla Firefox, but Internet Explorer. Any advice? I want my menus to look nice. Thanks! If you don't get an answer here, you may want to try one of the MSIE newsgroups. lavenderfleur@gmail.com wrote: > > Hello all. Maybe someone will ...

How to place an annotation arrow on the line in a chart?
is that possible in excel 2007 to place an annotation arrow, on the plotted line, in a chart? Hi, This approach should still work in xl2007. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng47.htm Cheers Andy Need Help on axis problem in a chart wrote: > is that possible in excel 2007 to place an annotation arrow, on the plotted > line, in a chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how to have result field blank
In a workbook, have a data entry sheet that is protected except for fields for answers. These fields (shaded yellow) are formatted as accounting. The yellow fields on the Data Entry worksheet populate other cells in the Webinar Cost Calculator and Webinar ROI Calculator worksheets. If a cell on the Data Entry screen is blank, I want it to return a blank, not a 0 or a -, which it's currently doing. Can excel format the result when there is no data to return a blank? Use a custom format so that a zero value generates nothing. If you want the accounting format, with this one exc...

New Excel, No Macros
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used to have a macro that would paste special, values, transpose. I can't find this shortcut in the commands menu, and I can't figure out how to use automator to create a script that will make a button or keyboard shortcut in Excel that will do this. Please help - I've 50 lists from 20 different sections that I need to transpose from list view in MS Word to a row in Excel (that's 1000 operations)! <br> Thanks, <br> Shawn RainbowDragon@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 ...

cell navigation #2
My keyboard arrows move the scroll bars. How do I get them to move the active cell instead? I have Office 2000 Professional with Windows XP. Turn off scroll lock on your keyboard. eric wrote: > > My keyboard arrows move the scroll bars. How do I get > them to move the active cell instead? > > I have Office 2000 Professional with Windows XP. Eric, Press the Scroll Lock key. PC "eric" <elove1@charter.net> wrote in message news:063c01c35bc2$e69085c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My keyboard arrows move the scroll bars. How do I get > them to move the act...

##### in a cell?
While using excel what does ##### mean in a cell? Usually a number that does not fit in a cell, maybe a date (try to adjust column width) a negative time (A1-A2 where A1 holds 09:00 and A2 10:00) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Tyler" <Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA40C2B-1E45-4CDE-81A8-D40794F381B8@microsoft.com... > While using excel what does ##### mean in a cell? On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:23:02 -0700, "Tyler" <Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >While using excel what does ##### mean in a ce...

referencing cell contents, after deleting and shifting new contents into cell
Greetings all, on Sheet 2 of my workbook I reference some cells from Sheet 1. ie. "=Sheet1!D3" I have Sheet1 setup as a schedule. Since sheet1 is a schedule, its columns are days of the week.. and I constantly add days to the end of it (Columns F,G,H,I..etc..etc). When today is over, I delete columns A and B, and columns C and D shift over and become the new A and B. However on sheet 2, the reference is lost even though new values are shifted over into Columns A & B. Is there a way for the Sheet2 to keep the referencing A and B from sheet1 once the columns in Sheet1 are ...

3 cell problem
Hi need help with this simple task. 3 cells A1 A2 & A3, if cell a2 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display yes, if cell a3 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display no, If both cells are blank I need A1 to be blank. Thanks Much... Diane maybe... =if(a2=1,"yes",if(a3=1,"no",if(and(a2="",a3=""),"","what goes here"))) What happens if both a2 and a3 contain 1? What happens if A2 or A3 are not blank, but don't contain 1? ...

update row numbers after different active cells in macros followi.
in macros row numbers remain fixed after a spreadsheet has been added a series of new rows in specific locations based on the location of the various active cells following a find command. can this be improved by automatically opening up correct new rows based on changing active cell? you can refer to the row of the cell that contained the value of the Find: dim FoundCell as range with activesheet set foundcell = .cells.find(what:=.....) end with if foundcell is nothing then 'not found else msgbox foundcell.row end if But I bet this isn't quite what you're asking.... ...

Empty Cell-conditional formatting
I have a column where I enter a date when a document arrives. If it is left blank for more than 7 days I need an alert. I also have a start date in A1 to refer to. It would be 7 days from the start date, I would need the cell red or "ALERT". Thanks! SMack You want something like: =today()>$a$1+7 Color the cell red. Displaying "ALERT" would require a macro. Regards, Fred "smack" <smack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:549FC643-C7D3-483B-A8E5-04521FCD6F59@microsoft.com... >I have a column where I enter a dat...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

Sum Numbers in a Cell that has text
Could use lot's of help as I enter the world of Excel. Total novice. I was given a sheet that has numbers and text in the same cells. I wil need to sum up the numbers so I can produce the total storage space. Some cell examples are listed below. I do not care at all about th text. I tried to create a custom formula using " to escape the tex but when I sum the fields I got 0.00 "Gb...." Example data The data is in column G 32.4Gb available (raw) 32.4Gb available (raw) Or two set's of numbers and text in a cell. Again all I want is to su up the 3.87gb,35.8... 3.87G...

HTML tags changing cell shape and size
Hi, I am working on some html text in excel spreadsheet. When I past some HTML in a cell, the cell changes shape according to the html tags For example, text will become bold if <b></b> is used and font change in a similar way. Is there are way I can disable html in a cell altogether where exce treats it just like text and shape of my cell doesn't change? Thank -- wmciu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wmcius's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1561 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

Question: Cell formula or macro to write result of one cell to another cell
Excel-97 (SR-2) This is a long term problem that I have with Excel. I mostly write worksheet applications that have plenty of user-configurable parameters up front. This is fine for interactive work and what-if scenarios. However many of these turn into situations where I then want to scan through parameters where it would be nice to insert new values into the parameter cells under program control (either via a worksheet cell, or using a macro). There are far simpler cases over and above this that could benefit from this too. So is there an implementation of [G15] = Assign( H15, A15) ...

RMS Phone Activation results in different codes
I wanted to transfer an install from one machine to another. As expected, when I entered my product key I got the message that the key had already been activated. I called the number and I entered the numbers as requested. My machine run RMS fine but the product ID and the reg id are not the same. I start the POS and then do the key combo for "About". After activation my product ID is different and my registration id is blank. Is this a bad activation or is this the expected behavior? KB ...

Change condition in cell
I would like to automatically have a cell change color if it is the largest number. For instance: B1=22 B2=24 B3=30 B4=15 Since B3 is the most, I would like for it to turn RED for instance. I can't think of the proper conditional format. Anyone? Thanks! =a1=max(a:a) and copy to all involved -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Catfish" <catfishtheman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:12fb6og7lk03f1@corp.supernews.com... >I would like to automatically have a cell change color if it is the largest >number. > For instance: > B1=2...

In-Cell Graph Using REPT But Proportional to Cell Width?
This is in XL2003. I'm trying to make a simple in-cell graphic that visualizes a percentage created by two other cells. Here's the formula in cell K45: =REPT("|",(I45/H45)*100) (Columns I and H contain the values from which I'm deriving a percentage.) Is there any way to alter this, though, so that it takes into account the width of the column in which the cell resides? As is, either I have to lock the column down so that, in a given font, a 100% graph exactly fills the width, or I need to format the cell to "shrink to fit," which the font won...

How do I format a cell to display measurement units with symbols .
How do I format a cell to display measurement units with symbols in Excel 2000? (ie. " for inch, etc.) Thanks, Mandy ...

help with Linking excel
hi, i have spreadsheets for work which could have anywhere between 5 and 100 worksheets within. i am creating a worksheet at the end of the workbook which takes information from all worksheet and puts it into the last one. is there anyway to have this info from seperate worksheets automatically going in the the Last worksheet with out having to put in all the coding? and secondly, is there a way to set it up so that if a new worksheet is added then the last spreadsheet will add a line and put in the new info. i am hoping so. Thanks in advance if anyone can help Short answ...