how do format using bullets in a cell in excel?

I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel
spreadsheet. Can somone please provide some suggestions on how to do this? I
have tried copying and pasting from Word, and that doesn't work either.
0
olliesf (3)

I just had to do this today. Here is what I did and it looked pretty good

Format the first character of your text as Wingdings, and type the CAP L,
that is a round bullet charater, then reformat to the font you wish to use
and type away.

"olliesf" wrote:

> I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel
> spreadsheet. Can somone please provide some suggestions on how to do this? I
> have tried copying and pasting from Word, and that doesn't work either.
0
LarryG (17)
3/28/2005 7:13:04 PM
Thanks Larry. I can get that to work for the first item in the list, but how
do you bullet a number of items in a list in a single cell?

"Larry G." wrote:

> I just had to do this today. Here is what I did and it looked pretty good
>
> Format the first character of your text as Wingdings, and type the CAP L,
> that is a round bullet charater, then reformat to the font you wish to use
> and type away.
>
> "olliesf" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel
> > spreadsheet. Can somone please provide some suggestions on how to do this? I
> > have tried copying and pasting from Word, and that doesn't work either.
0
olliesf (3)
3/28/2005 7:39:03 PM
Hi Ollie-

In order to get it done this way you need to press Alt+Enter to create hard
line breaks in the cell, and the bullet character has to be type/pasted at
the beginning of each line. Excel has no Bullets & Numbering feature like
Word. Don't be surprised, though, if the data looks OK on screen, but doesn't
print with crisp alignment.

HTH |:>)

"olliesf" wrote:

> Thanks Larry. I can get that to work for the first item in the list, but how
> do you bullet a number of items in a list in a single cell?
>
> "Larry G." wrote:
>
> > I just had to do this today. Here is what I did and it looked pretty good
> >
> > Format the first character of your text as Wingdings, and type the CAP L,
> > that is a round bullet charater, then reformat to the font you wish to use
> > and type away.
> >
> > "olliesf" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel
> > > spreadsheet. Can somone please provide some suggestions on how to do this? I
> > > have tried copying and pasting from Word, and that doesn't work either.
0
CyberTaz (411)
3/28/2005 8:17:05 PM
Press Alt and type 0149 on the numeric keyboard, not on the number keys
running along the top of the keyboard.

--
cycling-rod

excel file size 0
Yesterday I saw alll excel, word files size 0 Kb from Windows Explorer. Please could you tell me what kind of virus attack my file and the name of virus I would be glad if you reply as soon as possible Thank Dokles Better to run your AV to get this information. You dont have an up to date AV? Hmmm. Go to www.housecall.trendmicro.com and run their online Scanner. Go to www.grisoft.com and DL their FREE AV "Dokles" <dokles@lycos.com> wrote in message news:3C539357-BDE2-4908-BCC1-ED456AB645F6@microsoft.com... : Yesterday I saw alll excel, word files size 0 Kb from Windows ...

negative number format

Change date format to European format

How to convert #N/A to 0 using Match?
Hi - - Here is my formula. What changes do I need to make to return a "0" instead of "#N/A"? =INDEX('Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$C$875, MATCH("0120 Count",'Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$A$875,), MATCH("Counts",'Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$C$1,)) Try testing your formula with ISNA() =IF(ISNA(your_formula), 0, your_formula) If you are using Excel 2007 try =IFERROR(your_formula,0) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Wildwood" <Wildwood@discussions.micro...

Formatting just some rows

How do I do dashboard charts in Excel
I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales and profit numbers and would like to show them like a dashboard ( two small circles for Budget and Forecast and a bigger one underneath those two for Actual. All 3 circles with a hand point to the numbers linked to the source data ). Can anyone tell me how to make a start? Thanks and regards Nick Hi Nick, Here are some examples of speedo type gauges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm Cheers Andy Nick Cheng wrote: > I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales a...

freezing formatting

Using F4 for charts and sorting
Excel 2007 - I would love for some of the F4 features to return to charting and sorting. For example, if I change the y-axis measurement scale on a column chart I want to be able to hit F4 on the next chart to make the same change. If I custom sort a list, I want to hit F4 on the next list and have it sort the same way. Have these updates been made? Nope. I hope they make it into the next release (Office 14), but we won't see them in 2007. One of the main reasons I don't use 2007 for anything important is un-features like the lack of F4 capability make me much less efficient...

Excel Upgrade question
We are using MS Office 2000 Professional. We would like to upgrade only the Excel 2000 to 2003. Can we just upgrade Excel without upgrading the whole MS Office suite? If so, should we expect any conflicts when we run MS Word 2000, PowerPoint 2000, etc or can Excel run nicely on it's own? Our systems are 2 year old XP Pro and Home versions. Thanks for any informative response. -- ADArnold ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ADArnold's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12106 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

How To Prepare An Access Database For Shared Use?
Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to share this form? Do I have to first prepare the database in some manner to be shared? Are Access databases exclusive by default? "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4622d703$0$9953$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a > table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to > share this form? Do I have to fir...

Negative number formatting

Windows mail won't send ms excel attchments
windows mail won't send either MS Excel 97-2003 or 2007 formats if I try to send either by itself. I have to attach same file I want to send in both formats. Then, only the 97-2003 format actually gets through. Either way, I'm getting notice that Mail can't send one or more attachments. Any suggestions to help eliminate the glitch would be most appreciated. Windows Mail doesn't care what the attachment is. But make sure the file you are trying to attach is not open anywhere else (i.e. in Excel). Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "woodrow" wrot...

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Using Offset
if i have A1 through A5 containing 5,8,8,3,2 and add a new value each day going straight down like A6 = 7 for tomorrow, if i want cell B1 to return the value of the last cell in column A, how can i get OFFSET to find the last value entered in column A? Scott You can do it without using OFFSET if you wish. If values are numeric per your example......... =MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) returns row number of last numeric cell in column A =ADDRESS(MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A),1) returns address of last numeric cell in column A =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) returns the last valu...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Problem using AcitveSync WM5
Hi, everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certificate from third party. OWA works fine and recognizes certificate. I have installed certificate on the WM5 ipaq. But when I am trying to sync I am getting error 0x80072f0d The security certificate on the server is invalid. Contact your Exchange Server administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server. Can anyone point what is wrong ? Thank you On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:37:19 +0100, "Nos" <nera@nera.com> wrote: >Hi, >everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certifica...

Operation failed using contacts in mass email
Hello, When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting operation failed in Outlook 2000. Any help is appreciated. .. How many contacts are you trying to send to ? Might be the ISP limiting you. Are these a list or direct emails ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "acaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182d01c3dfb2$f7d65f20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting > operation failed in Outlook 2000. > Any help is appreciated. > . > > Actually I a...

When copying from "date" cell to "general" cell, how to keep date.
An Excel question for you: when I try to copy data from a "date" formatted cell over to a concatenate formula in a "general" formatted field, it transfers the data over as the boolean value. This is causing endless headaches because I am trying to upload the information into our financial software. Do you know a solution for this? I think you mean the date comes over as the serial value. If not, this may not be right. In the concatenate function, embed the Text function. ex: A1 has 5/16/2004, B1 has "TEST" in it. C1 formula would be =concatenate (TEX...

How to format the value in a cell?