How can you put double quotes in the parameter of the INDIRECT() function ?

How can you put double quotes in the parameter of the INDIRECT() function ?

Example ..

=SUMIF(mysheet1!$B$2:$B$200,">0",mysheet2!F$2:F$200)

I want to run the above formula in the INDIRECT function like .

INDIRECT ("=SUMIF(mysheet1!$B$2:$B$200,">0",mysheet2!F$2:F$200)")

But the " around the >0 is causing a problem because INDIRECT thinks you
have come to the end of the literal parameter - but I haven't - I literally
want the double quotes passed to INDIRECT as part of its parameter.

"tur13o" <research@basingstoke.plus.com> wrote in message
> How can you put double quotes in the parameter of the INDIRECT() function
?
> Example ..
>
> =SUMIF(mysheet1!$B$2:$B$200,">0",mysheet2!F$2:F$200)
>
> I want to run the above formula in the INDIRECT function like .
>
> INDIRECT ("=SUMIF(mysheet1!$B$2:$B$200,">0",mysheet2!F$2:F$200)")
>
> But the " around the >0 is causing a problem because INDIRECT thinks you
> have come to the end of the literal parameter - but I haven't - I
literally
> want the double quotes passed to INDIRECT as part of its parameter.

I think you have misunderstood what INDIRECT does. It converts a text string
representing a reference (to a cell or a range) into a REFERENCE that can be
used in a formula. It does not convert a text string into a FORMULA!

So, you could put INDIRECT("mysheet!$B$2:$B$200") inside your formula. But
you cannot include a text version of a formula inside INDIRECT.

0
Paul

Passing Parameters Out of a DialogBox
Now that I can pass parameters into a DialogBox member function by initializing a DialogBox data member, I need to pass data out of the DialogBox member function. How can I do this without using a global? > Now that I can pass parameters into a DialogBox member function by initializing > a DialogBox data member, I need to pass data out of the DialogBox member > function. How can I do this without using a global? Provide methods to Dialog class which can be accessed by other objects: CMyDialog dlg; dlg.DoModal(); int val = dlg.GetSomeValue(); etc. --- Ajay "Ajay Kal...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Query to join records according to "hierarchy"
I didn't know how else to describe it. I have records with this structure: Fields: Name; Last Name; Group John; Brown; 1-1 Carl; Rogers; 1-1 Brian; Mann; 1-2 Charles; Grant; 2-1 Eddie; Murphy; 2-2 Carmen; Elec; 3-1 Ellen; Smith; 3-2 ......and so on What I need is to combine the field Name in group 1-1 to 1-2, 2-2, 3-2. Then 2-1 with 2-2, 3-2. Then 3-1 with 3-2. Is this possible? If so, how can I do it? Thanks for the help. On Jul 4, 11:55 am, sergio.prin...@gmail.com wrote: > I didn't know...

Bulk attachments

stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive"
Reply Alls were working perfectly yesterday and I can send emails without trouble. But a Reply All today is permanently stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive". How do I fix this? Remove the message from your Outbox and try again. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm Without knowing any details, it is hard to say what might have caused this and how to prevent it from happening in the future. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Problem at "Save as"
Hi, I'm having a problem at excel that i don't have on other computers: when i click save as, i would like, as usual, that on the file name window, apeared only the current file name, and not "copy from "filename"". Can you help me, removing this annoying feature? Thanks Cako It probably says "Copy of" and that would be because the file you're trying to save was opened "read only". (You would see that in the title bar). You'll have to figure out why that was but it might be that the file has its "read only" file attrib...

Functions
Hi I need to export a query to a text file that contains both alpha and numeric fields How can I force the numeric fields to text as to get "123","ABC" thanks, Garry In query design view, instead of a field such as Amount, type an expresion like this into the Field row: Trim(Str([Amount])) Access should recognise this as a Text type field, and so add the quotes when you export it. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "...

Can't delete email #2

Sychronizing Report and Parameter Form
How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record referenced? I just can't seem to get it. I have tried everything! Can someone please help me with this. Thank you. On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:24:03 -0800, TotallyConfused wrote: > How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record > referenced? I just can't seem to get it. I have tried everything! Can > someone please help me with this. Thank you. A Parameter Form is a form into which you enter a query's parameters. The query is used as the report's record source. It nee...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

"Publisher cannot open the file"
Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the computer, copied the file to another folder but still it won't open. Any suggestions please. Chrisssss...... Chrisssssss......... wrote: || Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open || just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line || pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the || computer, copied the file to another folder ...

Can not archive